“No need to stay any where else!!”
Review of Stardust Lodge

Stardust Lodge
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Every chance I get to come to Tahoe, I take it. I always stay here. The rooms are fantastic, level of service is wonderful and the employees treat you like family. We stayed one weekend in a one bedroom, the penthouse became available for our second night stay so we took the opportunity and we decided to move. The penthouse was beautiful. Everything you could need was there. It had its own private balcony/patio. It was like staying in a condo. Two full families were able to share this and no one felt as if they were crowded. We defineltu had our own privacy with the way it is set up.
Kenny is great, always happy to see you and does a flawless job at making you feel like you are his priority. Fernando is usually in the activities center and greats you with a smile and assures you are set with any activity you do.
The men who work diligently to keep up the grounds are usually around everywhere and they always take the time to shoot you a smile.
The ladies who hustle to get the rooms cleaned as fast as they can so you can in as early as you can do it with urgency and a smile at the same time.
I can't say enough positive things about the entire staff here, I can only show by always retuning as much as I can!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,166)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This place is great, there
staff is real kind,friendly they really did a terrific job remodeling the rooms and outside I give this hotel a five star *****,they got continental breakfast, bike rental, gym, pool, board games, I would definitely
recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I have owned a timeshare at the Stardust for 5 years now. We love coming here so much that we bought a 2nd unit 2 years ago. We use both weeks each year. The staff at the Stardust makes you feel like you are part of a family. If you ever need anything during your stay the front office staff will get right on it and get it to you immediately. They have activities for the kids all week long. Our kids are 5 and 2 and love participating in these different activities. There is a workout room, 2 pools, BBQs, and bikes and videos to check out for free. Most of the units are remodeled and I believe the others will be done within the year. The Stardust is walking distance to the casinos, the beach, Raleys, many shops, and the heavenly village with the gondola is right across the street! Our family looks forward to our 2 weeks during the summer at the Stardust every year!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Good: Central location close to many shopping and dining options. The Lodge (Motel) is attractive in a retro sort of way. Rooms are big for a motel with a separate bedroom and kitchen/living area.
The Bad: Separate bedroom is small with little room to move around or area for suitcases. Breakfast options are limited and not very good. Bed and fold out couch were terribly uncomfortable.
I think there are better options in the area at this price point, which was on the high side.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

OMG. Our first time at this lovely hotel! We went for a wedding at the Tahoe Beach & Ski resort, but I wanted to find a place to stay that was off property with more amenities - hubby likes to sleep in, and I wanted to be able to get up early and enjoy my morning without waking him.

The units are fantastic - we had a regular 1-bedroom unit. We had a nice kitchen with fridge, coffee pot, all utensils if you wanted to cook on the cooktop (I did not cook), dishwasher, table, couch & chair in the front room. All VERY nicely appointed (my husband is in construction and he was extremely impressed with all the fine touches, such as the 'no slam' drawers, and the beautiful glass-doored cabinets).

They gave us a room in the back section, so there was absolutely NO street noise and it was very comfy.

On our first morning, I took my cup of coffee out to the patio and was reading my Kindle and ran into Kate, who works the front desk, and had a very nice conversation with her. A little bit later, I wandered up to the front office to check it out (wanted to see the free video selection they have for guests) and was heard sneezing (allergies) and immediately was directed to a large 'first aid' box and found some allergy medication.

Our daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandkids came to visit and were promptly given a parking pass and we headed to the pool for a great time - the pool (they have 2) was the perfect temperature even for the little one (5 months old).

They have very nice BBQ grills for guests (we didn't have time to use them) and activities planned each day (again, we didn't have time to participate) and a few dozen bicycles that guests can check out to wander around town.

Casinos are walking distance (I have a titanium hip, so 'walking distance' for me is usually not very long!)

WONDERFUL experience and my husband wants to book another getaway so that we can just relax and enjoy. Next time, we want to go on the Gondola that is right across the street.

I cannot say enough about this hidden gem - we truly enjoyed the property and especially the staff.

THANK YOU Kate and Erinn ( and others whose name I did not catch)

1  Thank kericlem
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Ths place make everybody feel like family. The staff is the most helpful of any place I have ever stayed. I own 9 timeshares, most of them gold crown and some quite large. None of them will go the distance to make you feel comfortable like the Stardust will. If you need something or have a problem, all you need to do is call the office and somebody responds immediately. The place is very clean and there are a ton of activities plus a couple of meals which are a steal. Almost all of the units have been remodeled and are well done. They have a continental breakfast,
bikes, games,fishing poles,popcorn.golf clubs,and a workout room all for free. If you want to go to a timeshare that makes you feel welcome, come to the Stardust. If you would rather be just a number at a hotel, go somewhere else..We love it here,Ny wife and I come back a couple of times a year. There are a number of places to eat, shop, gamble,drink, a golf course,and the lake within walking distance. Although the units are small, they are more than adequate and the location is the best. Our large group of friends and family would like to say thank you for another fine stay!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had another chance to stay at Stardust Last month, and it was awesome as always. Can't wait for July 4th, it will be my third Fourth of July week at Stardust and I'm looking forward to walking to the beach and seeing the fireworks, maybe taking a water taxi over to Camp Richardson for a Rumrunner or Three. Love the Staff, Kenny, Delores, Jose, Troy, Arnufo, and all the rest. They certainly make a return visitor feel at home. Maybe we'll get a vist from "Fabrizio" while we're there. Love the live music right on site, and usually there is a very affordable BBQ dinner somewhere in the works. We'll be Back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple