“Another Great Stay at Stardust Lodge!”
Review of Stardust Lodge

Stardust Lodge
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 18 August 2014

July 23-27, 2014, we had another great, annual, family vacation staying at Stardust Lodge! Our party had 3 rooms...all different sizes. They were clean, and the beds were very comfortable. (This comes from someone who is a neat freak.) Thanks to Kenny, the Manager, for being so accommodating and helpful. He is a true professional and really cares about his guest's satisfaction.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,201)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

First off, the service and atmosphere of the Stardust Lodge were exemplary. Starting with Kenny, the mgr, who upgraded us right away and then to Jose who helped us with an afterhours check-in. Come the next morning we met Martha and Montse as we were enjoying a well balanced continental breakfast. They were both friendly and full of smiles while suggesting things for my wife and I to see and do. And there IS a lot to do. Plus the convenience of being across the street from Heavenly Village laced with shops, restaurants, live music, tours, The Gondola and more. The area surrounding the Stardust is all accessible by walking, shuttles or bicycles offered free by the Stardust. Did I mention Erinn, Jacob, Emily or Karla in the office? Yep, more great suggestions of where to go and discount tickets to boot. I'm kind of rambling, but it's hard to stop talking about what a great time we had. It's rare that we check in to a hotel and after a few days we know half the tenants residing there because they were all so friendly. Some would say they barbecued plenty and come join them for dinner, others would be on their porch with their guitars and inviting others to sit and sing along with favorite tunes by The Beatles and still others, like me would be sharing stories of motorcycle travels. It was our first time at the Stardust, but it won't be our last. We felt right at home. We couldn't have been more comfortable. From management to room service (and particularly Chayito in rm. serv.), the entire staff felt like family. It was also my wife's birthday during our stay...talk about "icing on the cake." We've already thanked our friends who introduced us to the Stardust and we've already begun suggesting it to everyone else. Thanks again Kenny and staff. We'll be back.
Steve and Janet.
Just in closing, we couldn't help noticing a sour review, "Bugs" and again, couldn't help wondering, "Who are they trying to kid? or working for?"

Room Tip: Talk to Kenny the manager. He'll set you up with what suits you best.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Kenny you rock when it come to customer service. There isn't anything Kenny wouldn't do to make his guests happy, and that goes for everyone else that works there. The maid service is very respectful of privacy and do a great job of service. They always knock on your door to ask if you need anything, never once have intruded. The events they have there cater to family. My kids love their pools because they are always warm enough to jump right in.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've been staying at the Stardust Lodge for over 15 years and would never stay anywhere else. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful and continually go out of the way to make every guest's stay a pleasant one. I once had a staff member put snow chains on my truck as I had no idea what I was doing. I can't even begin to list all the wonderful experiences I've had over the years. My kids also love this place and we all look forward to staying in our "home away from home" every year.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and 3 young adult "kids" spent a week in July 2014. Kenny and his staff are amazing. They answered all of our questions, gave us great recommendations, and went out of their way to make our stay a relaxed and comfortable experience. This was our fifth stay at the Stardust. We have a time share elsewhere in Tahoe but much prefer to stay here. The staff go out of their way for their guests! One young man even spent well over an hour helping my husband figure out how to download tickets to a concert, something he did not have to do, but chose to do. We love the location, the rooms are updated and clean, there are bikes to use at no charge to ride down to their beach. There are family activities, two pools, and an adult swim time in one of the pools. Someone below posted a review about bed bugs and staff barging in on them. In all the times I have stayed there I have never seen a bug of any kind in our room and never had a staff member barge into my room.
What its not...it is not a 5 star top of the line pretentious, cocktails served poolside, restaurant on the premisses, room service resort! Those are fun too....but you come at a price! Nope I like it just the way it is. Centrally located, down to earth, good people, clean, well maintained, at a decent price! Well done Stardust!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Kenny (the manager) is one of the most helpful guys around. If there is an issue, he will make sure it is corrected. We have been here at least 4 times and I am picky. If you want a 5 star resort, go somewhere else and pay a 5 star price. This place is comfortable, has so many other perks from free bike rentals to free breakfasts, popcorn, and movies. The rooms are comfortable. The best thing is it right across the street from the gondola. Everything is within walking distance including the casinos. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a gym if you so want to use, did I say free. The pool is nice and there is adult time every day. For the price, you can't find another place that close to the casinos and restaurants.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

All the staff members were super friendly and gave us a welcoming feel as this was a homey place away from home. It is in a great location just minutes away from shopping, food, and the beach!! Special thanks to the front desk ladies Emily, Kate and Montse for helping with all our touristy questions and providing some activities throughout the day. Thanks again to the guys who cooked hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill, feeding us dinner for the night! I would recommend coming to this place and I would definitely stay here again. One star off only because our room did not have an A/C while others did but they tried to compensate with multiple fans. Note for next time, reserve room with A/C unit.

1  Thank James E