“Tahoe week”

Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Tahoe week”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Location is great,,,,close to everything......Stayed in a remodeled very clean one bedroom.......Enjoyed the pool which also was kept very clean........Staff was friendly and accommodating....Kenny (Resort Mgr) was great to work with,,,,,,very customer oriented.....It was a wonderful stay and will return again.....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed their for our first time as timeshare owners the week of July 6-13, 2014. The rooms are modern, well stocked, and very clean. Their location is perfect! Restaurants, entertainment, clubbing, and shopping is all within walking distance.

We loved the free use of mountain bikes, free access to a Tahoe beach, and the free donuts every morning! They also had water goggles, beach chairs, pop up tents at our disposal.

The staff at Stardust are extremely customer service oriented. They are willing to go above and beyond to make sure all their guests are comfortable and happy.

We will be back next July!

Tracy, California
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our family spends a week at the Stardust every summer, and we enjoy it every year. The rooms have always been clean, the staff is very friendly and willing to assist with all of our needs, and there are activities for the kids. It is nice having a pool on site along with a hot tub. There are BBQ's up on the deck above the pool, and nice to BBQ and sit outside while looking at the Heavenly Valley mountains. It is within walking distance to the casinos. We walk to the casinos every night and walk to Harvey's to listen to the outdoor concerts. We are already looking forward to next year!!!!!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My sister and I went for our birthday near the beginning of August. Unfortunately, our entire stay was riddled with grey clouds, light drizzling, and cold weather. That didn't stop us from having a good time though!

We actually drove all the way from L.A, so about a 7 1/2 hour drive, so you could say we were really tired and hungry. The Stardust Loge sign in the front is very 1950s, with bright lights, which actually helped, because we clearly knew where it was about 1/2 mile away. The parking lot in the front was absolutely full, but luckily they have a parking spot specifically for people checking in.

Check-in was easy, and the lady at the desk was courteous and personable. I was surprised at how big this place was because she gave me a map of the place and told me where I needed to park, which was in the back.

Unfortunately, there was also no parking in the back lot, which I called them about. The front desk was super accommodating and offered to let me park in the "Manager's Parking spot". I was about to park there when I realized that they have parking on both sides of their property as well (I was really tired and it was dark). So, if you're worried about parking, there is actually quite a lot of spaces to accommodate their guests.

The room was pretty small (it's mainly studios I believe), but very cozy. I didn't do too much research into this one, only because we got the deal through Priceline, and I knew I was stuck with it no matter what, and it being #3 on TripAdvisor wasn't so bad either, but I didn't know it would have a kitchenette. It's basic - it has a sink, microwave, coffee maker, bowls & utensils, and fridge. No stoves, but it's pretty good for a small studio.

Surprisingly, they had two small ice trays in the freezer, which was great, because my sister had a minor swollen ankle still in recovery mode, and that was exactly what she needed after the long drive.

The bathroom was nice and spacious for a studio, and most importantly, it was clean. I thought with a place like this, it wouldn't be as well kept, but the entire place was really clean.

Since, the room was really a studio, they decided to buy these beds that can be lifted to the wall (it's not a part of the wall though). I have to say, for a small woman, it'll take you a bit to pull it down by yourself, so I suggest using another person (can be as equally small as you) on the other side to pull it down. The bed itself was very comfy. There was suppose to be a light switch in between us, but we didn't see it, so we didn't get to utilize the lights on top of the bed. The bed definitely takes up the majority of the room, but they somehow fit a large (and super comfy) couch, a dining table with 2 chairs, a small closet (where the pillows are located) to stuff your bad and clothes, and a drawer with a television on top in the room. Honestly, they were pretty smart in utilizing their space, and it was kind of fun to see what else they put in the room, because it's seriously small.

A warning for when it is actually hot in the summer days, they have no air conditioning, only a ceiling fan, but they also did provide 2 tall modern fans (which really helps, because that ceiling fan wouldn't have done it). Just open the window, and it'll be pretty bearable. You'll be outside most of the time anyway, so it shouldn't matter so much.

What I thought was great was their amenities. They have 2 pools and 2 jacuzzi, one in the front and the back of the property, so everyone wouldn't have to walk so far from their room, which is a great touch. Your stay also includes all the free popcorn you want (they have one near the front desk, and one in the Activities room), a free breakfast (includes: hardboiled eggs, donuts, banana, oranges, orange juice, tea, and coffee), free bike rentals (they have a lot of those), free wifi (pretty slow though), free parking, a grill, discount to boat rentals/jet skis (any water base activities on the lake), fitness room, laundry room (you have to pay for it though, but it's like $1 or less a load), picnic tables, an extensive and impressive DVD library, board games, Fitness room, Activity room, pool & jacuzzi, public computer & printer, and many other amenities I didn't use (because there was a lot).

What I thought was adorable was that they had a whole week's planned activities for you on the property. Like, Karaoke night with free cookies and drinks (including alcoholic), a nature walk, fitness classes, some crafts lessons, etc. It seriously is an all inclusive for this place, and it felt like a cross between summer camp and hotel, which I think is appropriate for a place like Lake Tahoe.

As for the location, it's PERFECT. It's right across from all the restaurants, shopping, grocery stores, and most importantly, the Gondola ride. For some reason, I was picturing the one on the water, in a boat, with the Italian guy singing and rowing our boat, but the Gondola ride that South Lake Tahoe has is quite the opposite. It's basically a ski lift, but one that's a box (so you don't fall off). It's steep, and I mean STEEP. It's gorgeous and breathtaking. It scares and thrills you at the same time. You HAVE to go if you're in the area. It's open all year round and it has great facilities up there (seriously, it is NICE). Unfortunately, we went on a cold, cloudy, slightly rainy, definitely windy day. But it was one of the only things we could do, so we went.

First thing first, what makes Stardust Lodge awesome in this instance are 2 things: free parking and it's across the street from it (literally across. You don't have to take small streets to get to it). Because of the free parking, you don't have to park your car in the public garage behind the shopping place and gondola ride, which is awesome because it's $25 for THE WHOLE DAY. Which is basically, how much time you'll be spending up in the mountains once you get off the gondola (or if anything, 2 hours at least, but you'll probably want to do some shopping and eating in the same plaza, which is basically the whole day). That price was so ridiculous, and I was so appalled, I backed out of it before I went through to get the parking ticket. Luckily, and stupidly, I found out we were right across from it when my sister mentioned it.

Honestly, the location is great, the amenities are great (free popcorn people!), the staff was nice and accommodating, and the price was really reasonable, especially since the average price of a hotel in South Lake Tahoe in the summer was a lot more then what I paid for.

I'm definitely staying here again (hopefully, this time it'll be sunny).

I recommend this place for solo travelers, couples, people on a budget, and families who have children who get bored super easily.

Room Tip: Ask for the back rooms, because there are trees to protect your rooms from getting the sun rays, and...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FBST
Oxnard, California, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have been staying at the Stardust Lodge since 1995 and became owners at the Lodge because of its uniqueness. The staff that run and maintain the lodge are outstanding in every way. They are friendly, knowledgeable, and do everything possible to make your stay in South Lake Tahoe the finest vacation time that you will experience in this beautiful location. The resort has received national recognition for their remodeled rooms which successfully remind their visitors of a mountain cabin in the best location of South Lake Tahoe near world class resorts, skiing, and shops. The daily activities are varied between welcome events, special barbeques for guests and excellent musical entertainment. All owners at the resort look forward yearly to reuniting with families and friends they have met at the lodge. The beautiful flowers in the summertime welcome all guests from RCI and the loyal owners. We have timeshares with other companies and consistently rate this lodge as the most outstanding of all we have visited since 1986 and recommend it to our friends who agree that their experience here whether it is two days or several weeks as their favorite vacation location.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are a bit quieter, but the view of the rooms in the front of the lodge give you a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Torrance, California, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed for a week and had a blast. Free bikes made getting around easy. The gondola, restaurants, and casinos were all walking distance. Cozy, comfortable rooms. Great, helpful, nice staff! Relaxing and restful.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom is awesome for a lengthy stay.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Roseville, California, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had a fantasic time at the stardust in lake tahoe. Clean, nicely decorated and a great staff.

Although I only stayed a day, I wish I could have stayed longer! When I first arrived I was greeted with a smile and I inquired about an upgrade. Erin, who checked me in, showed me the upgrade room and convinced me into the upgrade. Thanks again Erin you rock!

Later on in the evening I wanted to take a selfie with my wife in front of the stardust sign. Sadly the selfie came out miserable. We asked Jacob if he could assist us in taking the picture. With a smile and jokes we were able to get the picture we wanted.

We are extremely happy with the level of service we recieved from both Jacob and Erin during our stay.

Cheers,
Anthony + Alicia

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to a 1 room suite!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple