Howard Johnson South Lake Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$105
3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$54
Americana Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$122
Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$134
Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$89
Official Website
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$86
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$143
  • Pool
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$115
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Marriott's Timber Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$148
  • Pool
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
US$360
US$338
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is a simple motel, managed on the cheap by a Chinese family. Don't expect anything above the bare minimum: old tube TVs, broken phone chords, fruit preserve made of pig cartilage (jello) and artificial coloring, Walmart level wonder bread, wifi which does not work, rooms that are not made up ocassionally, and so on. The beds are comfortable, but noise from the road makes sleeping difficult.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The area looks unattractive and noisy, and the outside appearance of this establishment is depressing. Wi-Fi is extremely slow, and pretty much unusable. My room was smelly, with a tube TV from the 90s. The shower, furniture, and everything else were old and dated. If you're paying under $50 per night, this is a decent hotel. Anything above $100 is a complete and shameless rip-off. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It's expensive to stay anywhere in California during the tourist season ! I was looking for a few days out of town, and settled on South Lake Tahoe because I thought the prices were a better value at this time of year. I picked the Hojo because of its affiliation with the Wyndham group, and I thought I would get CC points, Wyndham points, and HotelClub rebates.

The staff was pretty serious, but not unfriendly. The room was older, but clean and adequate. There was a good amount of tables and counters. The TV was old, but that's not important to me. The location was great, and there was an adequate breakfast cafe next door. Midway through my stay, my daughter wanted to join me so I arranged to change to a larger room. Staff needed to be cajoled into allowing a small overlap while I moved. I was able to get a much better rate through HotelClub than the motel would offer me directly.

Overall it was an OK stay. I would stay here again if i couldn't find a better deal, but I think there are better deals out there. One big disappointment is that Wyndham is refusing to give me points because I booked with a third party. I think this may be a new rule. I certainly won't be giving Wyndham any preference in my future bookings !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BiffCanlett
Reviewed 4 August 2014

When we first pulled in I was a bit disappointed. However, this older hotel turned out to be adequate. Very friendly and helpful front desk. Easy acess to the beach. Bed was very comfortable! Heidi's restaurant, in the parking lot, serves a good breakfast. All in all this place worked well for us. Walking distance to a variety of restaurants and attractions. Very busy weekend so we didn't do much but sleep and get ready in the room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family