“Do not waste your money”
Review of Travel Inn

Travel Inn
Ranked #48 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Where do i start. Theres so many things wrong with this place that i may not have room to include them all.... i first booked this run down place on line for 33 dollars after taxes. When i got there they charged me 37. I had also traveled with a few people and they were going to check into another hotel as well but instead decided staying therehere was more convenient...bad idea. We asked then decided to get a room with two queens instead thinking it was going to be cheaper. Ya right. Not only did they charged another 37 dollars but they charged an extra 11 for each extra person. When we tried to cancel they refused and said..."thats your problem" no joke. The room was tiny...no microwave no refrigerator. Definately no spa and the pool was empty except for dirt and trash. At 4 in the morning people were knocking at our door and that happened three more times until 7 in the morning. They were probably checking up on us making sure there were no blow up beds so they can charge us a fee for that also. Our toilet didnt work properly and the room was smaller than my master bedroom. There was barely any walking space. I will never come back and i highly recommend you spend your money someplace else. I dont know whether its because of the indian culture or whatever but they need to brush up on their customer service skills. Looks like im not the only people not happy with my experience. I only wish i had taken pictures

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Stockton_raised

Reviewed 28 September 2012

i stayed here two years ago, the room we rented was amazing the king size bed felt like a cloud. me and my husband love the room 104. and would come back every six months.The heart Jacuzzi was a big plus, really set the mood for our anniversary. my husband also loved the beautiful log wood furniture.rooms are kind of small because furniture its outstanding in the suits, but is perfect for winter log cabin feel. and was nice and clean which is the scary thing to worry bout when going to rent a room, we were completely satisfied and the breakfast was great. i love me some danishes. and orange juice, my husbands English muffin and fresh coffee, perfect way to start our day and visit with the beautiful south lake Tahoe.

Room Tip: the suits are the best rooms with jacuzzis or even the two rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I've read some of the other's reviews and I think that perspective is very important: we paid $43 for a night at the Travel Inn during a 16 day road trip. By far, this was the cheapest place we could find in the Lake Tahoe area that wasn't a campground.

The room was OK. When we closed the door I could see light entering the room through the door and door frame. There were cobwebs in the corners and so on. However, $43 isn't a lot of money for the room. I'm satisfied with what I got for the price I paid.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chris w
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We booked in for one night and wanted to extend our stay for one more night. First there was no problem to do that if we would have paid his rate (which doubeled for the weekend). We found a cheaper rate online and all of the sudden, the guy at reception was unable to keep us in the same room. He wanted us to check out the current room, wait until all has been cleaned and then move into the new one. Aparently because someone wanted to stay in exactly our room - which hasn't been the case before! He just wanted to show off and was ever so unfriendly and useless.
We cancelled and checked out after one night! Spend your money somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Inalein
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Check-in was fine, the woman at the front desk was friendly at check-in and it was the only place where 5 rooms were available because of the celebrity golf tournament going on in South Lake Tahoe. That is the sum of nice things I have to say about this motel. Our room smelled, there was no air conditioning, NONE of the showers in our 5 total rooms were clean....they all had hairs in them when we got there, the shower curtains were moldy and some of the rooms even had dirty, used towels hanging on the back of the bathroom doors (when we called the front desk to let them know, they didn't care and actually told us to bring them the dirty towels!). One of the rooms didn't have screens so they couldn't even open the windows for fresh air. To top it off, the next morning I found this strange worm-like creature with legs in the bathroom. GROSS!!! If there were any other motels with occupancy, we would have left.

Room Tip: Pick a completely different motel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Katrina C
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I would not stay here again. We got here at 11:15a and our room wasn’t ready. We were told it would be ready at 1p but when we came back at 1:15p, it still wasn’t ready. We were given another room upstairs. Also, the listing on Hotels.com said it had a pool and a spa but when we arrived, neither the pool nor spa were open. The pool was empty and had plastic in it and the spa was covered in plywood. The room did not have a microwave or mini fridge and we had to throw away some left-over pizza from dinner because of that.
As for the room, it was a place to sleep. Like I said, it had no mini-fridge or microwave. If we wanted coffee in the morning, we had to go down to the tiny office. I believe the room was also a safety hazard as it did not have a smoke detector. There was also no clock in the room so we had to rely on my watch or our cell phones for the time. The towels were scratchy and the bathroom faucet leaked, getting the counter wet along with anything that was on it. The shower was small and had nowhere to put anything except on the floor. You couldn’t be too tall and use the shower. My husband is 5’6” and the shower was hitting him in the chest when it was tilted up as far as it would go.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This is a very convenient motel not far from shops and restaurants with clean rooms and clean beds which have a fridge in some of the rooms . This motel is run by a couple from India who could not have been more pleasant and helpful if they had tried , it was hot when we were there and they even brought us a fan in for us to use . The price is very good for a motel in this location ,

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road , the traffic noise does stop at night but if you want to spend ti...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple