Travel Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Days Inn South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe(Lake Tahoe (California))
View Hotel
Tahoe Beach and Ski Club(South Lake Tahoe)
  • Pool
Alder Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
All reviewsfridge and microwaveworked finethe main dragwould stay againcvsihopchannels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

1. So first off.... the bed was so hard and old and the springs are so bad that after ONE NIGHT my wife developed terrible hip and back pain....
2. no safety slip devices in the shower (which was small)
the garbage cans do not have liners
4. the floor is filthy, uneven and creaky
5. half the outlets do not work and 2 of our 3 reading lights were broken (the sockets)
6. advertized pool and hot tub both not operational, filthy, and no compensation was provided
7. no noise privacy
8.Terrible customer service (worst I have ever had)
Should have go the hint when they made us pay all upfront
WORST HOTEL WE HAVE EVER STAYED AT!!!!

Room Tip: their is no AC or other amenities in room 29
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kayla E
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The room has a nasty smell, the door frame was coming apart, it's super hard to lock your door, the ac we had was a conventional fan that plugs in the wall and 1950's heater that does even work. When we arrived there was a big storm that knocked out all power in Tahoe so we had no power for a couple hours there he had no problem but to top that off this place is so old that it's water is connected to a pump/well out side the motel. So we had NO WATER To The Bathroom. We tried to leave and cancel out reservation and manger kept saying no I can't do that. He said call expedia and figure it out with them! Expedia even called to get a refund and he told them my motel so no! So I would recommend finding some where else in this beautiful city! Except this place!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Most disgusting place ever. We walked into our room and one of the bed covers was stained with BLOOD about the size of a football easy to see.Asked the managers to change everything then went to show me and said "look it didn't soak through" are you kidding me? I said I wanted everything changed which they finally did,It seems to me when your room doesn't have a particular item they take it from another room, instead of just replacing it. for example our room didn't even have one chair the room next door had at least two. no AC only one fan for two rooms. Beds were too soft needed several pillows just to make one decent one. Save your money go somewhere else

Room Tip: don't waste your time or money
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Checked in after a day of driving around lake tahoe. Found the rates to be reasonable. I now know why. No water in the pool. Toilet tank cracked. Rooms smelled. Staff was pleasant. No air conditioning. NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Spend a little more, or drive down a ways to Harrahs and get a good room!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We might have given this 2 stars -- no AC, pool was dismantled, fairly low-res furnishings, sketchy wiFi. But at least it's one of the more "inexpensive" places in town at ~$100/night and fairly central. However... One night, the guy in the room next door came past our open door and started yelling at us. He said the management told him that we had complained about him making too much noise. We hadn't complained and we also hadn't even heard him. We told him he must be misinformed, and that we hadn't made any complaint. A few minutes later, the manager called our room and said that she didn't want any trouble, so could we please not agitate the man. I went over to her office and asked what was going on. At first she said the same thing -- "don't want any trouble." But, then she said maybe the guy was crazy. So, why did she tell him we had complained? Why was she calling us to tell us not to make any trouble? Something is really rotten in Tahoe here. This happened on our last night's stay, otherwise we would have checked out. This was really unpleasant, and we'll NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple