Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$178
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$181
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$192
Americana Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$156
3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$91
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$176
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$216
  • Pool
Alder Inn(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$133
Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$169
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
US$363
US$299
Official Website
All reviewshot tubcontinental breakfastbudget hotellaundry roomfridge and microwaveoatmealabvisaunabalconytahoelakesnowboardersfistatelinegondola
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here a couple weeks ago and will have to return for a redo. Hotel staff was efficient and helpful in assisting me with a dispute. Very apologetic and will definitely stay again. The value and property location are great this was my second time here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MissTaurus
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our future travelers. It's not often, but naturally misunderstandings occur between our hotel and hotel guests. Most cases can be addressed by our front desk staff, but more serious disputes are referred to my desk. More often than not, we will rule in favor of our guest. However, working with the public, we are occasionally exposed to individuals that are abusive of our customer service policies. Those complaints are addressed on an individual basis and are resolved in the fairest manner possible.

I am delighted that we remedied your issue promptly and that you enjoy staying at our hotel. We look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Condition is average and quality is very basic.

Pluses
+No smoke smell, as is common in this range of hotel in South Lake Tahoe.
+ Rooms are spacious.
+ Pillows were good
+ Bonus 2 energy bars and Tom's of Maine toothpaste
+ Shower temperature and pressure good

Minuses:
- They have electric baseboard heating that I turned on at check in (around 5pm) and never really got comfortable till the next morning. (This was on a warm day in March - daytime high was 60+ degrees F. It may be much worse on a typical Tahoe winter day.
- "Free breakfast" was just toast and bagels, did not look too great, so we skipped it.
- Well-worn threadbare blankets
- Check in took longer than expected because the receptionist didn't seem to find the hotels.com reservation.

Other:
Wi-Fi service is spotty and slow. Initially was unable to even read email as the connection was too slow. FD then suggested I try a different access point which was barely adequate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank R J
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for posting your comprehensive review of our hotel. We are diligent about the cleanliness of our guest rooms. We have recently purchased new bedding including quilted comforters for our new triple sheet bed model. I assume you arrived prior to the installation of the new standard look for us. Our surprised by your comment about our 220 electric baseboard heaters. Our room heaters typically work fabulously well and are quiet. Looking at past reviews you can see several of our hotel guests have made positive remarks about our room heating. Because not all rooms are rented everyday, we routinely turn thermostats to 60 degrees when they are unoccupied. I have investigated heater complaints in the past only to find the room super warm and the guests complaining it isn't warm enough. I'm convinced the comfort level of guests vary the word warm is subjective.

I haven't looked into your reservation delay but I can say that booking via the online travel agents is not a perfect system. Although uncommon, there have been times we don't receive the information in a timely manner. There have also been times guests have actually made reservations from our parking lot and once completed walked directly into our office before we had received notification. The best way to book a hotel and be certian you get everything you want is to call the hotel directly.

Our wifi network is only one year old and we have over ten access points throughout our property. Our service has recently been upgraded to 60mbs upload speed which is top of the line in our industry. Again, many other guests have made positive remarks about our wifi service in past posts. Not certian what the issue was this time.

Our continental breakfast menu far exceeds the AAA definition of a continental breakfast and has not changed in one year. We have management photos posted on our tripadvisor profile of our breakfast arrangement. Everyday of the week we offer, English Muffins, Whole Grain Breads, Variety of bagels, Toaster Waffles, Instant Oatmeal, 100% Orange Juice, Coffee, Tea and Sparklets Filtered Water. Again, I regret you couldn't find anything here that appealed to you.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your experience with our hotel. Please contact us directly in the future for our guaranteed lowest price and to insure the proper handling of your booking information.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here and had a great experience. It was older but clean and quiet.it had everything we needed, a fridge and coffee maker and microwave. Would stay again.and the room smelled good when we arrived.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Shadshawna

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience online. We work day in and day out here to create the best lodging value in our area. Clean and comfortable guest rooms, convenient locations and the most competitive rates.

Thank you again and we look forward to your future visit. Please contact us directly to receive our guaranteed lowest room rates.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I'm pretty good at researching hotels and trips that my fiance and I go on (I'm an avid snowboarder and we travel ALOT in the winter). So when my fiance agreed we could spend 21 days in South Lake Tahoe, I began researching where would be the best place to stay for such a long period?? Well Americas Best Value won me over not only because of the extremely affordable rates (Hey, we were getting a hotel for 21 days that can become very expensive), and NOT just because they have a hot tub and sauna (Ok, that played a factor a little :) ), BUT because I saw the hotel manager James responded to every review possible. That shows a lot!! So I booked it. We didn't have the best luck our first night arriving in Tahoe (bags were lost by airline blah blah) but, they were caring and turned the trip completely around when we were offered to be upgraded a suite with a two person Jacuzzi because we were staying so long! Normally, when my fiance and I book these long trips we stay at mediocre places that provide us with just a good nights sleep after a long hard day of riding. However, we treat ourselves to a couple of nights at one of the resorts hotels for luxury. Was not needed this time!! Our room was luxurious enough. It gave us everything a four star ski resort hotel would have and more! Our room was very spacious with a California king bed and did I mention the luxurious two person Jacuzzi??? Amazing!!! The room was very clean, and we were provided maid service daily. The complimentary breakfast was great before our long days serving bagels, waffles, bread, oatmeal, fruit, coffee, orange juice and much more. This hotel is in an EXCELLENT location with walking distance to heavenly (however, a ski shuttle does pick you up right infront of the hotel to take you to the resort), casinos, restaurants, and everything else you need! One day we even took our longboard skateboards from the hotel to the beach. Could not get a better location!!! The staff was so friendly, we felt like we were making friends with them especially the hotel manger James, and Matt. Everyone was so helpful if we needed anything. I could not express enough how friendly all the staff were. We had been there for so long that my fiance and I actually miss everyone and absolutely can't wait to return next year! Americas Best Value will be our ONLY choice and we will also tell everyone that we highly recommend it! Thanks again guys!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank astshred
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thanks you guys for taking the time to share your experience. You guys rock. Most of the time I don't recall or perhaps didn't meet the individuals that post on tripadvisor, but you guys kind of became part of our community here. Your both conversationalists and your fiance apparently had a good rapport with my front desk guy Matt.

You said everything I would have said... but it sounds alot better when it's being said by a hotel guest voluntarily... especially one that spent so much time with us.

Thanks again for your kind words and we would love to see you guys same time next year. Cheers.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We needed a place to stay and soak after snowboarding. I checked our phone app for hotels that were walking distance to restaurants. This place looked nice and we were sold on the hot tub factor. Though I didn't expect luxury I was just a bit disappointed. The hot tub was just a degree above warm, had no jets and even though it was outdoors robes weren't available. Towels needed to be picked up at the desk and there wasn't a place to hang items (like the jacket you used to walk in the snow). The rooms were clean but the bed mattresses were of low quality. The sheets and pillows had the same chlorine scent as the towels which wasn't pleasing. The free parking, WiFi and basic breakfast were welcome. They also had free snacks and lots of toiletries in the room. The location was great for walking around and it was in a quiet area. It was ok for 2 friends to crash for the night at a cheap price.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank LilVagabond
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your candid review. We strive to provide the best product for price in our area. Naturally, we would love to expand upon our ammenites and services but that would prohibit us from offering our low prices which is attracts many of our guests.

We have recently upgraded our bedding, added coffee makers to all rooms, installed in-room hairdryers and added many more refrigerator/microwave combinations to our rooms. Our internet has recently been upgraded to one of the best in the industry at 60 mbs.

Our continental breakfast is considerably better than the AAA definition. We currently offer whole grain breads, english muffins, variety of bagels, cream cheese, toaster waffles, variety of instant oatmeal, 100% pure orange juice, coffee, tea and filtered water.

Thank you for mentioning the compimentary in-room personal items we offer in all rooms. Our hotel is a wonderful value ideally located only 3 blocks from shore of Lake Tahoe and private beach and 3 blocks to high rise Nevada casinos and onlly 4 blocks to Heavenly Village and Gondola.