We had planned to stay one night in Tahoe. The hotel was so relaxing I canceled a meeting and we stayed 4 nights, and got to enjoy a winter wonderland when it snowed the second day. Temperatures outside fell to -4, one of the coldest nights on record but our room heaters kept up just fine. We had a bunch of gear with us and I didn't want to schlep it through a casino, so we chose the Station House. We made a good choice!
The girl at the check in in the evening was very helpful and picked us a special room based on my request for a very quiet spot. There was a fire in the lobby and two computer terminals for guest use. The Christmas lights were up and glistened in the snow that just set the mood perfectly.
I'm writing this on their wi-fi in the far building, so I guess they got it fixed/improved after one of the previous poster's comment. The internet did go out late one night at like 2 am (we were up late) but was back when we got up, so I assume it was system maintenance. We work in tech so have our own cables but since the hotel provides them I'd take advantage of the blazing speed if your wireless receiver isn't the best. My smart phone also connected to the wifi with 4 bars.
We stayed mid week right after Thanksgiving, one of the slowest periods so there were only a few guests. We had a one bedroom suite it was just lovely. And SO quiet! The living room is separated from the bedroom by the bath area. The bath has a jacuzzi tub and is nicely done in a travertine type tile. And has it's own heater. The living room had comfortable sofa and easy chairs. It has a homey feel that hotels often lack.
The king size bed was just right, with a nice comforter. So many hotels these days skimp on the blankets it was nice to have a little weight on the bed to let you know you were in the mountains. And it was a REAL king, not the queen size that some hotels try to pass off as a king.
Finally a mention of the hearty breakfast which was included. They have a nice adjoining mountain style restaurant and made cooked to order breakfasts. You get a menu of choices from pancakes to my favorite, 2 eggs, home fries, muffin and bacon, with OJ. Don't forget to leave the attentive and friendly waiter a tip.
The hotel is located about 2 blocks from the gondola and shopping area, another long block to the casinos, and it's two short blocks to the lake front. Even though it was freezing cold we enjoyed several walks, and thawed out in our toasty room.
We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that beautiful Lake Tahoe has to offer while staying at this charming property, within walking distance to the area's most popular shopping, dining, casinos and the Heavenly Gondola ride. The BEST WESTERN Station House Inn is perfect for enjoying the year-round attractions for which Lake Tahoe is known. Experience world-class skiing at one of five nearby ski resorts, including Heavenly Valley, Kirkwood or Squaw Valley. In the warmer months, relax on the hotel's private beach or spend the day boating or fishing at Lake Tahoe. Hit the links at local golf courses, watch the Celebrity Golf Tournament, or take in views of the spectacular Grand Sierra Mountains. Don't forget to book a room for our popular New Year's Eve celebration while you're at it! Located just one block from beautiful Lake Tahoe, the BEST WESTERN Station House Inn is the perfect place to call home after a busy day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Station House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Station House Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Best Western Station Hotel
- Best Western Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Best Western