“Great Stay at Heavenly Valley Lodge”

Heavenly Valley Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Northern CA
“Great Stay at Heavenly Valley Lodge”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I loved my recent visit to the Heavenly Valley Lodge. The room was quite cozy and looked much better in person than it did on the website. The bathroom was on the smaller side, but it suited our needs fine, and there was plenty of room in the actual bedroom area for 2 adults, all of our ski stuff and our dog and her crate. Linda was very welcoming and made the most delicious breakfast I've had in a very long time.

If my stay weren't nice enough, it got better after we'd left. I'd left a small piece of ski clothing in the room and had pretty much forgotten about getting it back, so I didn't even contact Heavenly Valley Lodge about it. Imagine my surprise when it arrived in the mail a couple of days after our visit ended! I certainly wouldn't expect that kind of service from a larger property.

Finding nice but reasonably priced lodging in the South Lake Tahoe area can be difficult at times, especially when you want to bring your dog. I've now found my go-to place whenever I visit.

Room Tip: I imagine that the rooms further away from the street would be quieter, but we had a room close to t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lolane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Western WI
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Heavenly Valley Lodge is a fantastic place to stay and my husband and I were very happy with our choice. I am not one that likes Bed and Breakfasts too much (don't like the feeling of staying at 'Grandma's place') but this place is nothing like that! My husband and I were celebrating our 5 year anniversary and my birthday and it was just right for us. Like the other reviewers, Linda and Johan were very accomodating and made us feel like family. I like that they gave us our privacy but were there if we had questions about places to go and the breakfasts were fabulous. We'd definitely go there again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank opleaz
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I am one of those people that 1st impressions are everything and when I am choosing a place to stay it takes me many hours to pick a place because of expense and praying the place is clean enough. Generally we are ski vacationers. My husband and I have stayed in many Hotels and Lodges for years. As soon as we registered, we got a warm welcome from Linda and her husband Johan. She showed us around the Lodge and other rooms. We stayed in room 105. It was an animal friendly place but I couldn’t tell that any animals had been there, and I have bad allergies. We had all the kitchen items we needed, and most importantly a wine bottle opener – LOL!. It was just enough space for the things we needed to bring with us for our ski trip. The bathroom was a little bigger than I thought. The fire place heated the whole place. It was so neat waking up in the middle of the night and seeing it on. It is an automatic one that was connected to the thermostat – I have to get me one of them! I sat comfortably on the bed and chair without any worries. Those of you who stay in places away from home know exactly what I am talking about. They didn’t spare any expense to make us comfortable. Along with a few drawers we had a closet like shelving compartment to put our clothes in, which was actually easier to see instead of stuffed in drawers. “What a unique idea.” This was truly the ideal place for us to stay and we will stay again when we come back to visit. Man, I wish I could take the bed along with the sheets and quilt home with me. I slept better there than I sleep at home. I loved the cozy feel of the place and the breakfasts were great. She made this egg thing one morning that was out of this world. The bus was literally a 1 minute walk from the B&B. “How convenient was that!”
Food store less than a 5 minute drive Thank you for giving me another family member so far from home – Kentucky. And Thank you Linda and Johan for a wonderful 1st experience in a Bed and Breakfast! We love you guys!

Room Tip: Room 105 was just enough space. But I don't really want everyone knowing so it will be available...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Carla S
Oakland, California, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2012

If you want: a super cozy room, a fireplace, kitchenette, CLEAN rooms, SUPER friendly and sweet owners, breakfast cooked fresh when you wake up, homemade cookies left for you, comfy bed, great location... The list goes on- These great folks Linda and Johan really took care of us. My wife and I had a great weekend despite the fact there was barely any snow on the ground- We actually stayed an extra night we loved the place so much. No lie. These people are hard working, caring individuals who spared no effort to ensure we had a great time. Also there's a friend of theirs up the road with a tubing run! FUN.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 15
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Johan and Linda have only owned this lodge for six months, but so far they are doing everything right. The property is extremely close to downhill skiing and Lake Tahoe Blvd, but it is nestled in a wooded setting that is just charming. The hospitality of these folks if unbelievable! I had no sooner checked in than Linda was scouring the internet for me to research XC ski opportunities (in fact, I think she did it BEFORE I even got here!). The next morning at breakfast (which was also spectacular), she was making phone calls to find the closest skiing spots and best places to rent skis. The morning after that she was calling around to find out about a tour I was interested in and then told me about some unbelievable shopping deals close by (85% off). As I was headed off to have fun she provided me with a snow scraper and told me to call if I had any trouble. Not to leave Johan out, he was very hospitable and has an extensive catalog of movies you can borrow.

The room, itself (Rm 104), was just right for one person. It was very cozy with a nice fireplace in the room and wood accents. The cookies on the bed every afternoon were a special treat. The room included a refrigerator, microwave, toaster and coffee pot. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in away from home.

The only slight negative was a bit of traffic noise, but it wasn't that bothersome and I'm sure it would be much worse on Tahoe Blvd. I will definitely be back to this wonderful home away from home. I come out this way every March, so Johan and Linda will be seeing me again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This lodge is run by a very nice and welcoming couple who do everything to make you feel at home. We stayed there for a skiing weekend over New Year's eve 2011/2012. We found home made cookies on our bed when we arrived. The next morning we had a truly awesome breakfast in the lodge with fresh fruit and ready made pancakes. The shuttle bus going to the Heavenly Gondola stops just in front of the lodge, which is extremely convenient. Linda and Johan also have connections to nearby ski rentals where you get discounts as a Heavenly Valley Lodge resident.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MK_SF
Reviewed 27 February 2012

One of the best B&B in south lake Tahoe. Linda and family makes you feel at home. Love their hospitality. I have travelled a lot but have rarely seen people taking so much pain to make their guests feel at home. Love the pan cakes for breakfast.
And have to mention about their awesome movie collection!! Hope to visit soon.

• Stayed February 2012