“Good clean, price and very dog/pet friendly hotel!!”

FairBridge Inn Express
Ranked #46 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have stayed at the Midway Inn in Lake Tahoe for a number of times. My stays have always been good.. clean, great price on room and dog/pet friendly (a plus and must when i need a hotel).

Staff is very friendly too.

My dog and I will stay at the Midway Inn again!

Room Tip: if parking if full park on side of hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I left for vacation one day early, was getting in late and needed a place to rest my head for one night. I snagged this place on Hotels.com for $33 all in.

It's conveniently located, hardly a 10 minute walk from Heavenly on the main drag. Parking is limited. It's old. There was no light on in the office but the door was open, I rang the bell and the guy came right out.....along with his much friendlier dog. The key was a regular metal key. As far the room goes, it was a mix and match of furnishings, mainly older, some newer, all likely from sales and auctions.

Carpet was old and buckled. TV showed only snow regardless of the output. Not a single channel came in. There was an ironing board but no iron. There was a microwave, coffee maker and fridge which all seemed to work. Lights worked. Bathroom was shower only but actually somewhat newer (tiling, etc.) NO AC just a fan. Had I known that, I wouldn't have stayed. It was cool by 2 a.m. but rather warm prior to that. WiFi worked quite well. Ask the surly desk clerk for the password when you check in. Bedding was very average. Bathroom window had no screen. The room was pretty clean but just old.

If you say this place is great, you're insane. If you say it's a disgusting dump, you're a ridiculous snob. It is what is..... Frankly though, for a few bucks more, you can do much better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I can only agree with the other recent reviewers. The staff/owners seem like nice people, and their dog is very friendly. Unfortunately the hotel itself is not very nice. Yes, is it cheap. Given the level of competition in South Lake Tahoe, you have plenty of options for cheap accommodation. The rooms were clean(ish) but the beds were uncomfortable and the room looked like it had seen much better days. The provided breakfast is pretty pointless. The owners would be better off spending the money on renovating the rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 75Sean
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Let me start out by saying I feel bad for writing a poor review, because the staff/owners? were very nice, and yes, the yellow lab was awesome.

We chose this hotel because it was not the cheapest and it looked not too bad for South Lake Tahoe when we drove by, and it had "free breakfast"

Again, check-in and the staff were wonderful, and the property was centrally located and easy to find.

When we opened our room it instantly smelled like smoke and when we closed the door, we knew we were going to be able to hear everything and everyone around the property. You could see light around the whole door, and the window was an old glass shutter window, haven't seen that style of window in years.

There was a small coffee maker, clock, and microwave, all unplugged so we had to set the time. Oh ya and there are only 2 outlets for the 3 appliances. The description of the room listed a refrigerator, but there was none. had a nice closet space with a good iron.

The lights in the room were dim, and one of them didn't work, while one of the other lights was tricky to turn on, There were no outlets by the bed, and the one above the desk didn't work, the other outlet was taken up by the microwave and clock, and the last outlet was operated by the switch next to the door.

The bathroom was small, the shower was even smaller with a low and very old shower head, I opted to not even take a shower. The toilet was small, old and the paint chipping.

We were in an upper room, and I think the person below us was living there, he had a fight with someone and she stormed out at about 3AM, and it seemed a group of people also came back and was continuing the party a few rooms over around 2 or 3AM, but its South Lake Tahoe and to be expected especially at a cheap hotel.

Next time I am in South Lake I will choose a better hotel, or just stay in Reno!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mtbphoto
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The nicest part of my stay here was the friendly and cute Yellow Lab dog the manager owned that gave me a warm greeting when I checked in. I realize this motel is rated just one star, but I am not sure it should be included on the Hotwire.com site at all. I must admit I usually do not stay at one star motels, but my general impression is they should be simple yet clean. This place had terrible stains in the carpet and the street noise and room noise from other guests was horrible. Good thing I had earplugs to use! The only reason I stayed here was it was the cheapest place I could get for just me alone on a little ski trip. Maybe that is about the only reason for anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room furthest away from the main road, I think that would be furthest away from Lake Ta...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff.
Rooms were clean and adequate. Clean bed, linnens and bathroom. This older motel is not fancy or the Hilton, but if you want a good night's rest, this facility is a good value. The continental breakfast is a nice bonus!

It appears the management is upgrading the rooms.

Great central location. Close to the lake, ski resort, restraunts and casinos.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2012

The owners are amazing and generous people that really go out of their way to make visitors feel at home. For cheaper than a camping spot you get a comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, coffee, mini-breakfast, and sun deck. Better than Motel 6 and half the price! Ask to see their guinea pig!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank bee2california
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Taho...
#41 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
The Trailhead
#49 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#75 of 118 in Lake Tahoe (California)
Howard Johnson South Lake Tahoe
Howard Johnson South Lake Tahoe
#60 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Rodeway Inn Casino Center
#32 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to FairBridge Inn Express? Share your experiences!