“Almost like camping”

Motel 6 South Lake Tahoe
Ranked #52 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
“Almost like camping”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

A little better than camping, you don't have to share your bathroom. Pros are not sharing bathroom with strangers and you get a coffee maker/mini fridge/micro in room. Convenient b/c you can go to the grocery store to get meals. Cons--dirty, and small. There arent many good Restaurants in SLT. We keep looking for that great hole in the wall Mexican place. We find lots of hole in the wall but none worth going back to-ever.
Motel 6 is a good place if you want to go camping with your dog. It's also close to the trail.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Xmaslvn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Aptos, California, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We didn't want to pay too much for a room cuz we knew for the most part that we were just going to be sleeping there.

The good: Very friendly staff, very clean rooms, location was good

The bad: The highway was loud in the room, and there was no coffee pot in the room. We brought our own coffee pot though expecting that. They did have coffee/tea in the lobby in the morning.

With our overall experience, we were very happy. The other perk about staying in there is we had a non-smoking and we couldn't smell the other rooms at all. We would go back and stay again.

Oh! And we thought the beds were super comfy!!! We actually went out and bought a new bed after our trip cuz we realized our bad our old bed was!!! lol

Room Tip: Bring your coffee pot if you like it your way.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SummerFin
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed 19 March 2012

A handy place to stay for the price. Fridge and microwave in rooms make this an ideal place to stay. Close to all the fun and snow and shops. Clean yet not refurbed yet. Comfy beds and clean bathrooms is all i need and all you get here, but super stopping place. We spent 4 nights here and loved it

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank triplover51
Reviewed 6 February 2012

After a long day of skiing, this place is more than that. Management is great! Tell them your tired an just need a place to sleep before heading home and not only will the price be at or under $50, 9 times outa 10 Mgmt will give you a free brkfst coupon for Denny's. Some rooms have fridges and Most have coffee pots. But for $39.99 in South Lake take a clean room an get your coffee in the office! I love this place, but I don't go to Tahoe to sit in a room. I'm either skiing or gambling!

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Shannonlcross
Concord, California
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Let me start off by saying that I work for a 4 star hotel and major branded hotel. So I know the ins and outs of hotels.
When I waited until the last minute to make my travel plans for NYE I was looking at paying $400-600 at the "casino/strip" hotels. I work for a hotel -I'm not paying those prices. So after looking and searching I came across the Motel 6. First Reaction? All the bad reviews below were going to ruin my trip, but for $100 and a place to shower and get ready I wasn't going to be too picky. After all it's only 4 miles from the "main event"
Pros:
-Great Rate (it's motel 6 after all)
-Hotel front desk was kind, courteous and welcoming
-Hotel room was clean and smelt clean
-Hotel is 4 miles from casinos
-Bathroom clean
-Microwave and Fridge clean
-Carpet clean
-Bed clean (and even newish, again I work in a hotel, I can tell a newer bed from a older used bed)
-They kept the light on :) (haha)

Cons:
-few little dust bunnies here and there however nothing horrible AT ALL probably what you have at your own home
-towels are stiff not fluffy (again it's a motel not a 4 star hotel)
-Exterior Corridors (I'm a woman, it's just not as safe but it's a motel and you can't change the building)

That's it! It was totally worth the money for a night that could have ended up costing me a LOT more!

I received a survey from Motel6 and after I filled it out I actually received a personalized "Thank you" from the General Manager - I was in shock but it made it that much more caring, friendly and customer service oriented than I EVER thought a motel6 would be.

This location changed my opinion of Motel6, however, the General Manager regained my trust of true customer service.
Thank you for a nice stay!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank HiltonConcordCA
Dillon, Montana
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Oh, good lord what a dump!!! Not only is it as far away from the middle of town as you can get, but it is in need of some serious upkeep. When we walked into the lobby, it stank of stale humid urine, so bad that I had to leave and go outside and let my husband sign in, then to the room. The people next to us must have been staying long tern, they had weird books and stuff in their window and literally smoked non-stop day and night outside the room, which of course was our room also, smoke billowing out at all hours. The property looks like a crack house, very run down, pop machine and ice machine both OUT OF ORDER. I literally could not wait to check out of this dump, thank goodness we went to dinner and spent the evening out with friends, I would have had to check out if we would have spent any more time there. Stay Away!!! Oh, and we had to pay for Wifi, which did not work after we paid for it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathy H

Travellers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

oregon
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I realized the day of our weekend trip to tahoe that i had forgotten to book a room! so i jumped on motel 6 website knowing they'd most likely have a room last minute. Now, i'm nobodys fool, i know not to have high expectations but, wow. the people in the room next to us were smoking weed the whole time and the front desk said they couln't move us but "had some orange spray"..... so don't forget to book a room anywhere but motel 6 in advance before you take off the weekend to south lake.

*also the pool was closed cause they were painting the fence*

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple