“Didn't stay at hotel but went horseback riding with them!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Lake Tahoe
Camp Richardson Resort
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Didn't stay at the resort but we did take the kids horseback riding with them and they were friendly happy and seemed to love their job! They joked with my teenager and the guide even took pictures of us on my cell phone

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had some time in mid-week to try this hotel, just to see what it was like... but I checked in quite late at night, and was tired from the drive. When presented with a half-page of room occupancy conditions, I balked, but the clerk said I had to initial them all. I read a few, and they had to do with breaking the no-pets rule, or the no smoking rule, or agreeing to pay for excess damage to fixtures, etc. , so I stopped reading... BIG MISTAKE: THERE IS A CONDITION THAT SAYS IF YOU CHECK OUT EARLY, I.E. SHORTEN YOUR STAY, THEY WILL NOT REFUND OR CREDIT ANYTHING ! This is something that, had I been alerted to it, I would have paid for one night only. Also, unlike many hotels and motels I have done business with, this place takes the full amount of your lodging fees up front-- and they provide no paperwork documenting your check-out! Truly, this is a place that takes full advantage of a near-monopoly of a choice spot on Lake Tahoe for camping or day trips. It's really a shame that they've abused this ill-deserved inheritance from the Richardsons.
Further Note: This is a refurbished, very old facility, and it does get warm during the summers... so if you require A/C for room comfort or sleeping, mark this place off your list, as the small hotel/lodge rooms only have ceiling fans, plus no TVs, no room phones.

Room Tip: Keep driving... go somewhere else, and just make a day trip. There's lots of free parking in the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Notreallyacomplainer
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I just returned from a five day trip at the rv campground and had a nice time. The campground is typical for an rv type and there are many nice, shady spots and some with full hook ups. There are running toilets and hot showered for use if you wish and they work fine! It is a short, few minute walk to the large beach area where you can swim, kayak , lay out or rent a powerboat! The Beacon restaurant is really good, they have live music outside and great food! A great place to spend a week in Tahoe!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brentsf
Reviewed 28 May 2014

"Historic Hotel" can mean old, very old, outdated, rustic,but the Camp Richardson Historic Hotel accommodations were none of the above. Our "King Deluxe" room was well appointed, super comfortable bed, clean, comfortable and the overall experience was perfect. No air-conditioning, but we opened the windows to get the fresh Tahoe air, turned on the overhead fan and was never uncomfortable. No TV......that was a good thing, don't need one, go outside and enjoy! The lobby area had a wonderful Tahoe feel with oversized chairs, fireplace and even a front porch with big chairs to watch the line across the street for ice cream!! A short walk to a fun beach, Run Runners, live music, it was overall a wonderful day, and we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: I peeked in at a Queen room, and was glad I spent the extra $20 for King Deluxe. The added mini-refr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lnlwalters
Reviewed 25 April 2014

During a week-long stay at Lake Tahoe we happened to explore the historic Camp Richardson resort after having dined at its lakeside restaurant. We looked at two cabins and inquired about whether one of them would be available after our week was up. We stayed in the Cadillac cabin for two days -- there was a Winter special: two days for the price of one. The view of the lake was wonderful. There were three beds, and each had its own level of firmness. As a person who needs a firm bed, I was very happy to have a regular bed to sleep in instead of camping out on the floor. The cabin was very clean and had a full kitchen and two small bathrooms. We found the whole place charming and hope to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Waldorf2012
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We loved it here! After being in Las Vegas for 7 days we were keen to get out of the city. Camp Richardson provided great accomodation in the lodge, close to the lake/beach, clean, and lots of activities and walks in close proximity. Very reasonably priced, I think it was about $100 including taxes per night, and that was with a room with two beds (we were travelling with another couple), so only $50 a night per couple.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roo1111
Reviewed 1 April 2014

What can I say about Camp Richardson? What a wonderful place! It was just unfortunate that we were only there for one night as we were on a road trip from Las Vegas to San Francisco.

Camp Richardson is made up of a hotel by the road, a lodge with motel style rooms, and individual cabins. We stayed in the lodge, which is situated right on the beach of Lake Tahoe – amazing!!!!
It was a large room with two Queen beds, a shower ensuite, tea and coffee facilities and a large TV.

We could park the car right outside the door. It was very quaint and comfortable. The Guest guide we found in the room not only had loads of tips about the surrounding area, but also had interesting articles about the history of the lake and the camp. Nice touch.

The resort is beautiful. You feel so off the beaten track. The views are incredible – snow peaked mountains and an endless lake greet you as you open the door. Also, peace and quiet! Sadly we were too early in the season to see any bears – that would have been the icing on the cake.

As part of our accommodation, we received a voucher for money off breakfast in their shop/café on site. The breakfast was superb. Hearty food with fresh ingredients in lovely surroundings. The staff were friendly, helpful and so enthusiastic. We arrived later than expected, but were greeted with warm smiles. There is wifi in the lobby of the main hotel which is like a large sitting room with sofas, TVs and a fireplace. I needed to print off a ticket from my emails and the staff at reception could not have been more helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone, and I will definitely come back – hopefully when the season is a little warmer so I can swim in that beautiful lake.

There was a bar/restaurant next to our lodge, but we were too tired to go in. If I was being really really picky, it would be nice to have wifi in the rooms and not just the lobby as I was a long way from home and Skyping my parents during the trip, which is quite a personal thing which I wouldn't have wanted to do in a public space. Other than that, perfect place!!!

The Lake Tahoe area is very quaint, with nice little shops and cafes, plus the most amazing scenery.

Room Tip: The lodge on the lake is wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple