“Great location and friendly staff”

7 Seas Inn at Tahoe
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Red Bluff, California, United States
“Great location and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was one of most pleasant places I've stayed in. It was nice to get a text staing our room was ready hours early. The location was perfect. I loved that it is dog friendly. The place is cute. I liked its character. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. I also thought it was cool that they provided some toiletries I had forgot to grab (shaving cream:-))

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
Riverside, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We chose this hotel based on the reviews. Impressive that I received a text re ETA, and that it was a beautiful day. The property is tastefully situated in pine trees, even preserving one on the edge of the parking lot. Friendly check in. Room with 2 queen beds small, tight. Bathroom and shower small. Shower floor appeared adequately soiled that I ran hot water for several minutes in attempt to sanitize, floor was actually cleaner afterwards. Smelling the morning bathroom aroma from the adjacent room was disgusting!! This ranks #5 SLT hotels, HOW? and how bad can the rest lower ranked hotels be?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wendell and Pat W
Sandwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

At the beginning of October, night temperatures were hovering just above freezing point, so we were glad to have a gas-fired fireplace in our small room, giving it a cozy feel. The furniture is rather old, but the TV is a modern flat-screen TV. The continental breakfast has to be picked up at reception and eaten in one' s room. We asked for a quiet room, so ours was the last one in a row on the first (ground) floor.( It was rather dark) Unfortunately, the floor boards above us creaked quite a lot, so any sense of quietness soon disappeared when the folk upstairs moved in. There was a (loud) fridge and a microwave oven in the room. For the price paid we felt that seven seas offered good value, but I wouldn' t necessarily recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: As the floors creak, the upper rooms are probably quieter.
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

The 7 Seas Inn was very representative of the Tahoe experience. The grounds were very picturesque, comfy, attractive, quiet and well kept. The Staff, there resident dog Hanna, and Owner are super friendly/ family like! They are extremely familiar of surrounding fun areas, restaurants and businesses as well as their time availability and there entertainment level. They have a nice little Breakfast Bar and plenty of outside seating in a garden endowed affair of nature’s surroundings. They had a Jacuzzi right outside our room. We ran out of time to use it as much as we wanted. Next time. But we will most defiantly be back and we will request the same room. The 7 Seas is off the beaten track but a stones throw (2 blocks) to the state line, the beach and stores & shops. As far as a service oriented establishments are concerned they are more than adequately able & informed and go to great length to please. It was great!
Donn and Roni Austin

Room Tip: See above write up. Everything you need is right there. We Will Be Back!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Oakley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had a wonderful stay at 7 Seas Inn. Travelling with our dog it's great to find a truly "dog friendly" place to stay. The rooms are very well appointed with original artwork, nice furniture, gas fireplace, desk, and very comfortable beds. The breakfast room is fresh with several options, good coffee/tea, bread/bagel, fruit, etc. Everything is clean and fresh. But the best part is the staff. Grant, Carolyn, and Tim make you feel so at home. It's apparent they truly want you to enjoy South Tahoe as they do. Great recommendations and lots of local knowledge. Truly a wonderful destination and you can't beat the quality for the price.
Rick, Melodie, and "Buddy"

Room Tip: Pick One. We've been in a double upstairs and a Queen downstairs and they are equally well done...
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I was in town for the Emerald Bay half-marathon, and chose here because the rates were reasonable and it was very central. I am happy that I did. If you are looking for a luxurious room with all the modern touches - go for one of the casinos or resorts - you can stop reading now. If you are looking for fun, friendly, central, basic motel, very clean - this may be your place!
PROS: a few minutes walk from the back of Harvey's casino - a drop-off/pick up spot for the shuttle from Reno airport.
: a few minutes up the hill from the lake and few minutes down the hill from the main drag - very central/ideal location.
: Carolyn, the owner, is SO helpful and friendly and gave advice/coupons for local restaurants, drew maps etc and made me feel like family! Timothy is an absolute doll and lives on the premises - when Southwest lost my suitcase, he stayed up until almost 2 am to get it for me and hand it over - such service! Also, the photography tour people had called to confirm me and Carolyn called them back to let me speak to them. The customer service is brilliant.
: Very, very clean. I had 103, downstairs, with a Chinese theme, lots of toiletries...thick and plentiful towels.

I can't speak to the breakfast, because of the way my schedule fell together...

CONS: The walls were very thin and floors creaky and I had a big fella right above me, who I was constantly aware of. Also, they allow dogs; a few of the other people had very noisy, shrieking, yapping, wake you up dogs. Also, there happened to be a Harley biker rally in town and the bikes were bloody noisy and roared me awake on numerous occasions. Also, the fridge in my room kept buzzing and rumbled into life to wake me up. The bed was comfy and the coverings fine, it was all the noises. The one night that i didn't have to get up early, I was able to use ear plugs, which really helped, but I couldn't risk using them the mornings that I had to get up early!
: Since the motel is set down a hill with trees and stuff in front, my room was really dark, apart from the bathroom, which was bathed in light. I wanted to do some writing and debated on moving the desk into the bathroom, but i didn't!

So, all in all, great choice if you're looking for central, casual, friendly, reasonable prices...

Room Tip: Maybe one on the upper floor would offer more light and not be as noisy
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Yvonne M
Tulare, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Quaint, friendly environment. 2 blocks to private beach, 2 blocks to Nevada casinos. When I go on vacation I only need a room to sleep/rest, if you plan to entertain our room was too small. I had breakfast outside every morning, watching birds bathe in the fountain, pine needles drifting downward, a squirrel perhaps. They accept dogs and cats and even provide a hydrant. Very friendly, when I left I felt I was leaving family. I was there for one full week and would return. The price was reasonable and a great location, walking distance to laundry mat, grocery stores, drug stores, eateries, and entertainment.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family