“Vary homey and relaxing!!”
Review of Americana Village

Americana Village
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is my second time staying here and each time it was a blast, the employees are super friendly and helpful. The rooms are amazing and the beds are awesome, super comfy. A lot of the time it's hard to find a place that's nice and pet friendly, but here it's not a problem which is vary important because we have two dogs. They have a amazing activity center that my cousins and I use most of the time. And I can always get breakfast when my lazy parents don't get in till 10.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Guest436

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Everyone that worked there was very nice and helpful. The remodeled rooms were clean and spacious. My family enjoyed the heated pool, spa, and sauna. Also, every day/night they had family activities that were fun. I would like to thank Nikki, from the activity center, for going out of her way baking me a birthday cake and help my kids to plan a surprise for me. Everyone there was wonderful and a great location. This is my new favorite place.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Velasquezd
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife, daughter and I spent a week at Americana Village. The place was a charming "resort" in that there were activities for the whole family. The heated pool and hot tub were delightful in the cool air of April. The beds could have been firmer. It was helpful to have a partial kitchen in which we could prepare some of our meals. We would go there again. Everyone on the staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Waldorf2012
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We were able to book our reservation through Hotels.com for a decent rate. Check in was easy and we were pleasantly surprised by our king suite (compared to the pictures I had seen online). The room looked newly remodeled with nice furnishings. The living room/TV area was separated from the bedroom/eating/kitchenette area. The bedroom had drawers and closet space, as well as it's own TV and DVD player. The king bed was comfortable. The Kitchenette had a full sized fridge, microwave, 2 burners, sink, small dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, blender and utensils. The bathroom was a decent size (sink counter space was a little small) with shower over jetted tub with 2 shower heads (good water pressure). It was warmer than usual, so we ended up using the fan, which worked fine. The wifi worked pretty well, but occasionally slowed down.

They had a decent DVD collection, including new releases (Gravity, Captain Phillips, We're the Millers, etc.) and the popcorn and coffee/tea/hot chocolate was plentiful. The hot tub was as expected, and the exercise room was a nice perk. We didn't try the sauna that was off by the pool. The breakfast was okay, as mentioned in other reviews - donuts, hard boiled eggs, fruit- oranges and bananas.

The service was really good - they offered separate towels for going to the pool/hot tub. We were able to get extra pillows easily. When we had issues with the remote for the DVD player, they immediately sent someone over to fix it.

The location is convenient, within walking distance to Heavenly village as well as grocery stores and restaurants.

Pros: cozy rooms, functional kitchenette, DVD collection, nice helpful staff
Cons: breakfast, pool/hot tub area got pretty full in the afternoon, sometimes spotty Wifi

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ltsao01
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We really enjoyed staying at the Americana Village. It was 5 minutes from Heavenly Ski Resort and 45 minutes from Kirkwood Ski Resort, where we skied. The room was huge, considering there was just 2 of us. The bathroom was large and the bed was so comfy we never wanted to get out of it. We enjoyed going to the hot tub each night and even hit up the sauna one night. There was a nice fitness room with free laundry. We loved the free popcorn and movie rentals as well as the free breakfast. We wish we were there for a week to experience all the evening activities, like bingo, lasagna night, the welcome night with cheese and wine. If we go back to Tahoe, we will stay at the Americana Village again. The resort was taken care of, had very nice grounds and our room was very clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank libbiroed
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Staff was absolutely lovely. From the maintenance guys to the guys and gals at the front desk and everyone in between, they were all helpful, courteous, and smiling. They rented our family sleds, movies, board games, all for FREE. they even hooked us up with soft home-made cookies upon check in! My family and I had an excellent time in Tahoe, in large part, because of where we stayed, The Americana Village in S. Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carlie M
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

They was really like my another home fully loaded . One of the front desk manager ANNA was behaved like excellent she was a really good soul.
I love to recommend my friends to leave there
They r home out of home and other staff behave and smile and greet well .

Stayed: March 2014