“Great rooms, clean and friendly staff”
Review of Americana Village

Americana Village
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Staff was helpful and friendly. Positives: Check in/check out was fast and easy. The room was clean and bed was comfy. A lot of amenities, including a little kitchenette. Group activities if you're into that (free wine & cheese).

Negatives: Not very Eco friendly. Continental breakfast left a lot to desire.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Upon booking the room I had requested a remodeled unit, but when we arrived we found that we had not received one, but Anna was very nice and patient in switching some things around to get us a remodeled unit.
The room was amazing, especially for the price.
Bed- California King, very comfortable
TV- 2 huge wall mounted flat screens in the room
Bathroom- beautifully tiled with stone accents and stone floor covering in the shower
Kitchenette- sink, dish washer, and fridge. Cups, pots, silverware, hotplate, toaster, coffeemaker, and blender provided.
Comfortable living room area with a chair and pull out couch.
We didn't take advantage of anything but the hot tub and free DVD rentals (great selection), but there are many on site activities available.
This is also a great location, its a 15 minute drive to almost anywhere in south lake from here, and walking distance to Stateline.

Room Tip: Get a remodeled unit, they're amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was our second weekend in a row at the Americana. It really is a gem. Great locations, easy to get to,nice rooms, great pool. The staff is so helpful, whatever your needs are. Everyone is friendly and is really is a home away from home. I will be returning in July for a week, I can't wait!!

Room Tip: The mountain modern are the nicer rooms just did a renovation
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our family has stayed at the Americana several times. We are always met with smiling, generous people. The room are comfortable and clean. And the kids can swim any time of the year!! We have used the activity center, borrowed bikes, borrowed movies, used the free laundry services and entertained guests in the spacious rooms.

2  Thank akmidwife70
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Hands down my favorite place to stay. Though I haven't stayed at many others because once I stayed at the Americana, this is the place I have returned to stay each year. It has all my favorite qualities. The staff is super nice an professional. The place is casual but the rooms are really beautiful and clean. Over the years they have remodeled all the rooms and each one has wonderful art and custom tile work. The showers are always my favorite. The beds are always comfy. The rooms always feel clean! Every room has a kitchenette, some even have full kitchens and there are great stow away sleeping areas for kids or more people. I love places that are family oriented. They have an amazing activities center with a communal place to eat free breakfast, play horseshoes, tether ball and they even have bikes you can use. Oh and did i mention they have an outdoor heated pool and hot tub year round. I have met other visitors over the years in the hot tub who also say this is their place when they come to the Lake. Really this place is awesome! Hope you enjoy your stay here as much as we have over the years.

2  Thank Livnluv123
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is my second time staying here and each time it was a blast, the employees are super friendly and helpful. The rooms are amazing and the beds are awesome, super comfy. A lot of the time it's hard to find a place that's nice and pet friendly, but here it's not a problem which is vary important because we have two dogs. They have a amazing activity center that my cousins and I use most of the time. And I can always get breakfast when my lazy parents don't get in till 10.

1  Thank Guest436
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Everyone that worked there was very nice and helpful. The remodeled rooms were clean and spacious. My family enjoyed the heated pool, spa, and sauna. Also, every day/night they had family activities that were fun. I would like to thank Nikki, from the activity center, for going out of her way baking me a birthday cake and help my kids to plan a surprise for me. Everyone there was wonderful and a great location. This is my new favorite place.

• Stayed: April 2014