“Nice place!”
Review of Secrets Inn

Secrets Inn
Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 22 April 2008

My fiance' found this hotel online and I've gotta' give him kudos for that! We only stayed 2 nights but it was great! And at $99.00 a steal. Best part?? NO CHILDREN ALLOWED!! HOORAY!!!

The room is incredible, albeit a tad on the small side. Glass shower, jacuzzi tub, king bed, flat-screen tv and gas fireplace. Bed was incredibly comfortable but there was no extra chair to sit on. It was either sit on the bed or the edge of the tub. I thought that was kind of odd. There is a mini-fridge with a bar in it, but we just got the key from the front desk and put our own drinks inside and didn't touch their astronomically priced items (not their fault, all hotels are like that).

It's located very close to the state line so it was very convenient to walk over to Nevada to drop some money in the casinos.

I will definitely return and recommend this hotel to others.

Reviewed 16 April 2008

My wife and I booked a room at Secrets Inn for our honeymoon up in Lake Tahoe and we were blown away. Despite the reviews and pictures, we were skeptical and still expected your standard small, cramped hotel room. We couldn't have been more wrong! Our California suite was very spacious, despite the king size bed, jacuzzi, large shower, and fireplace. The service was excellent... any problems that arose (such as turning on a certain channel) were quickly resolved and more than once I sat outside talking with the hotel owners while I waited for my wife to peel herself away from the fireplace. The location was great, seeing as how we were within five minutes walking distance to the major shopping centers and only slightly longer to the casinos. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic getaway!

Reviewed 11 April 2008

My wife and I have stayed at many hotels in the Tahoe area, and this one is hands-down THE BEST value.
She is a skier, I am a snowboarder and after a long day of playing hard in the snow, having a clean place to go back to is a necessity for us. In addition, having our own hot tub is simply magic. Nothing like having our own hot tub to relax the whole body and get ready for whatever is next: Dinner, a night out in town, just staying in, or another day of fun in the snow.
The Inn is walking distance to Heavenly Ski’s new Gondola and the Village, where we enjoy bars, restaurants, shops, and even an ice skating rink. Also, near a large supermarket and a Starbucks (I know, even Tahoe has Starbucks everywhere now).
The lake is also a short walk from the hotel.

Another big plus for us: Kids are not allowed to stay, so we know that when we are ready to go to sleep, there are not going to be any children running around or babies crying at night. This has happened way too many times at other places, and we are so glad we don't have to relive this experience again...
The rooms look like they are brand new (they were recently remodeled). They are really well designed, with a small refrigerator, a large LCD screen TV, a cozy fireplace with a glass cover. The designer glass partition between the hot tub and the shower is a great touch: It allows more light to come into the shower area. It looks great, too.
The bed is huge and very comfortable.

But if a great place were not enough… THE PEOPLE who work and manage Secrets Inn are the greatest.
We are always received with great hospitality and treated like VIP.
We have stayed there several times now, but I will never forget the day I received a call from Jerry (the manager) on a weekday.
He knew we were skiers and just wanted to let us know that they got dumped with a lot of the "fluffy” stuff the last couple days... Ok... Who else would ever do that?!?
We are glad he did, as that was a memorable weekend for us (and think that we almost missed it).

Anyway, if you are looking for CLEAN, MODERNLY DESIGNED, ROMANTIC, QUIET, FRIENDLY, CONVENIENT place with GREAT PEOPLE who treat you like royalty… Moreover, that does not require o two-night stay on weekends in the beautiful Lake Tahoe, look no more.

1  Thank Mona_and_Andre
Reviewed 17 March 2008

I love the remodeled rooms. All the improvements are great. They create a very serene experience. The romantic setting is aan awesome improvement.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
SecretsInnOwnership, Owner at Secrets Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2008

Candyluvsya, thanks for the compliments, glad you loved it! We put a lot into the room remodels and are super happy to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 13 February 2008

Room was Nice. Staff was Friendly. Close to Everything. Great Price. My only complaint was I had to Grab a shovel and clear a path to get my car out of the lot? I found my self along with other guest DIGGING out our cars! Staff witch had been so friendly, was nowhere to be found - 10 am on a Saturday! In stead of sking, i ended up taking a nap after the 2 HOURS of shoveling the 2 ft of snow!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
SecretsInnOwnership, Owner/President at Secrets Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2008

Sirhappi, thank you so much for the feedback. First, I'd like to appologize. That storm was the biggest of the last few years and our snow service was overwhelmed. I'll contact you directly as well, but we always try to provide the highest quality service to our guests. We hope you'll return soon, with spring here the snow looks like its over for this year at least.
Regards,
Erik

Reviewed 8 February 2008

What a pleasant surprise. Warm jacuzzi, hot fire, comfortable bed. We are in Tahoe frequently and have stayed at various hotels. This has now become our favorite. The room was beautiful. Off the beaten path yet within walking distance to the casinos, entertainment, and restaurants. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 23 January 2008

Wow this was a great hotel.....the 2 person spa, the 2 person shower, the oversized king bed, and the gas fire...

Tahoe was covered in snow, and this place provided all the necessary comforts (and more)....

Thoroughly recommend it