“Best experience ever!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best experience ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

I stayed at the Marriott Timber Lodge from 12/5-12/9. I cannot express enough how great this hotel was. The service was amazing! You are right in the center of everything! You walk out of the hotel and get right on the Gondola. I cannot imagine staying anywhere besides the Timber Lodge. The room was amazing as well. We stayed in a 2 room villa and we loved it. I take at least 3 vacations a year and this by far was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. I really like Fire and Ice (located inside of the hotel), yes it was a little pricy but really great! And again the service was spectacular. Everyone was so friendly everywhere we went. We took shuttle's everywhere and it was so convenient because all of the shuttles pick you up only from this hotel! If you stay anywhere else you are a fool! AMAZING!

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Sanford,fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

Room was great with brand new carpet, washer/dryer And dishwasher. It was like my home away from home. We stopped to get groceries at the supermarket and made breakfast and lunch in room and ate diner out. It was overall a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

If you're looking to ski or snowboard at Heavenly, this is the place to stay. The rooms are spacious and equipped with all the comforts of home. We stayed in a 2br/2ba suite with my cousin and her husband and it was perfect. There is a full kitchen, flat screen tv's in both bedrooms and the living room, a washer/dryer, fireplace, & whirlpool tub in the master. Oh and best part is its just steps from the Heavenly gondola. There are tons of places to eat and shop within walking distance and renting gear from nearby shops is so easy. The staff is super friendly. The gym is great and the pool/hottubs are awesome. Trust me, when you're snowboarding all day, its nice to get off the gondola, return your gear right there and be able to walk right to your room. So convenient. The parking is $26/day (ouch) and it's valet only. That's probably my only complaint. Other than that, you have an awesome ski resort on one side and gambling resorts on the other. Fun times to be had. Also, there's a skating rink right in Heavenly village and Raley's grocery store right across the street.

• Stayed December 2012
Carlsbad, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

Marriott Timberlodge-Fraudulent Charges
We have been Marriott vacation club owners for over 20 years and loyal Marriott customers even longer. The Marriott Timber Lodge has acted way outside of the "Marriott way" that we have trusted for so many years, so we thought it important to warn you all. Think twice before booking at this hotel. Any chance that you may need to change your plans? They will try to charge you for three or more nights, even if you don't go there and give them almost a month's cancellation notice!
By booking at this hotel, they claim at the time of cancellation that they have a thirty day cancellation policy. This was never made clear to us at the time of booking. We booked a room mid-November for this Christmas, but decided during Thanksgiving to go elsewhere and needed to cancel. We tried to notify the Timber Lodge during the Thanksgiving weekend, but they wouldn't accept the cancellation (almost a month in advance!) and told us to contact Marriott customer service. Finally, after several phone calls with Marriott, we demanded cancellation which after all the run-around was still 23-days in advance. The Timber Lodge first wanted to charge us $1500 for the room we would not be using, even though we gave them ample time to rebook it. After multiple calls with Marriott Customer Care, the Timber Lodge finally offered to lower the cancellation charge to one-night's stay - i.e. $370 - even though we will not be there. This is unacceptable and fraudulent, especially since they will certainly rebook the room and take revenue on it twice (or more if the next group also books and cancels well in advance, and they also experience this bad-business). We are disputing the charge with our credit company and will file a fraudulent claim as well. Shame on you Marriott for letting Timber Lodge behave this way!

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank KirstenM805
Ventura, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

I just got back from a week's stay at Marriot's Timber Lodge. Zach from Chicago and Rachel from Vermont provided some of the best service for check in that I have ever experienced. They are first rate. I had 3 reservations and a large number of people in my group and they were attentive to all our needs. The valet ski and car service is excellent as well.

As for the resort itself, a nice suprise were the options available to kids this year, the cub house was a popular stop for my kids.

I must say I am not a fan of the new fireplace, a bit too modern for a ski resort. The sleek look didnt quite fit the decor of the rest of the hotel.

I look forward to going back for my 3rd straight year!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

Over Veterans day, I visited this Hotel. From the time I walked in the main entrance, I knew this would be a great experience. The front desk attendant took time to explain the features of the property and what to do around the property. The Bell Man was instantly available and showed me to my room. The Bell showed me everything I needed to know in the room. The room was awesome. A huge tub in the room, soft bed with awesome pillows, fire place, living room with dining table and kitchen. There is also a great place to eat and drink right next to the outdoor heated hot tub/pool. The property was a short walk to the major casinos. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

My daughter and I stayed in a studio with a king bed and sofa sittinmg area. It was just the two of us so we didn't need the 1 bdrm this time. We flew into Reno and took the South Lake Tahoe shuttle (1 hour 15 min) up and back. Once we were at the property we really didn't need a car. The property is at Heavenly Village next to the gondola. We were not able to ride the gondola due to high winds sevral days of our trip. Thanksgiving is a bit early to go skiing as it is unpredictable. We planned to go snowmobiling but no snow this time of year. For a ski trip I would wait until Christmas or even Jan to ensure snow. We decided to fly to Tahoe and use the shuttle this time as the Marriott charges $25./26. to park each night.

We will defintley visit this property again in the summer and after Christmas for skiing.

We still had a great time - thevillage has ice skating, a movie theater, Cold Stone ice cream, Nestle cookie store, Rocky Mtn chocolates - across from the village is a Raleys supermaket, Subway, numerous other eateries.

We walked to Harrahs (nice view from the 18th floor (nice buffet), and to Harveys across the street (better view of the lake) on the 19th floor. Harveys also has a Hard Rock on the casino level.

The Marriott has activitiess for kids and adults every day. The rooms have been recently updated - very nice. The small kitchenette had a mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave.
We walked to Raleys (full supermarket) every day for snacks and water. The studio did not have a washer/dryer but it was ok b/c the laundry room was on the same floor and free. They do provide a box of Tide for your first load.

The only restaurant on-site is Fire & Ice which is a Mongolian BBQ buffet place. We did try it for lunch and enjoyed the combinations of seafood, beef, pasta, etc.

Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank trvlfan2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Stardust Lodge
Stardust Lodge
#4 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Marriott's Timber Lodge? Share your experiences!