“Nice...”

Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Illinois
“Nice...”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed here for one night in a pool side king suite. The room was nice, I liked the contemporary decor with a few rustic touches. We were able to check in early (thanks to the woman at the front desk, I don't recall her name, she was very helpful). The location was great, walking distance to town, etc. The only problem was that I think we were in a handicap room & the water from the shower flowed into the bathroom floor, since there was nothing to stop it (due to the showere being wheelchair accessible). Also, I had booked the room over the summer via hotels.com & got a great rate. The rates went up quite a bit.

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Hebrew first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed at this "resort" for two nights in Dec. 2011. I would not recommend it and I wish I had chosen somewhere else.

I was given room #101, a ground floor, corner room. When walking in, I was immediately disappointed. It looked like a cheap motel (and for a couple hundred dollars a night, it really shouldn't). However, once I removed the bedspread, things started to look better (the bedspread was dark and ugly). The bathroom is super small but at least everything was clean. The saving grace of this place is that it is very clean.

While there is nothing especially nice about the room, I was dealing with it. It IS in a great location, just a few blocks to the Heavenly village and town. That was very nice.

However, the reason for the two star rating came when I tried to go to sleep the first night. Being close to the street, I could hear cars whenever they drove by and they sounded like they were in the bedroom. Ugh, okay, I can deal. But then I quickly realized that you could hear every freakin' footstep on the people in the room above (and for some reason my upstairs neighbors walked around ALL night) and every word of their normal-volume conversations.

When I had checked in, the man at the front desk had given me a map of the place and circled a number on the back for the local police for noise complaints as the office is only open until 11pm. Umm...this was weird but ok.... However, I can't exactly call the police and complain that people are WALKING and TALKING upstairs. They should be able to do that without me hearing them.

The hot tub was pretty clean and very warm which was nice although the scenery in that area was terrible with the pool being closed for the winter and a big construction-green fence surrounding it.

I was told the office opened at 7am so I planned to leave at 7:30am on my departure day (after a second completely restless night). When I got to the office there was a sign on the door saying they opened at 7am but it was dark inside and locked. I left my keys in the room and called while on the road to let them know I had done so. I also told them about all the problems I had and I simply got a meak "sorry."

Lastly, don't expect to find the building that's in their main pictures anywhere. I couldn't find it (perhaps it was in the back somewhere?). The place looks much more like a row of motel rooms.

If you're in the area and unfamiliar with it like I was I recommend staying at the Marriott or Embassy Suites if you can afford it. They're beautiful and right in the heart of the village.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a top floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lotti-Ann
San Jose, California
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Motel style accommodations are enhanced by the quality of the room decor and the location. Minutes walk from Heavenly Village. Checkin was friendly and efficient. Drops stars for - (1) so far, cannot get the wireless to work (I am a techie) and (2) not enough towels for the number of guests. A common fault for this type of place that is just annoying. Overall though, if you can get a reasonable rate it is recommended.

• Stayed December 2011
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Great location to Heavenly with in walking distance. Upon check in I was given a room upgrade for staying all week at no extra cost by Wendy at the front desk. She was very helpful and made check in smooth and easy. Rooms were cleaned everyday. Great local hotel to stay at and at a price you can not beat. I will be staying here when I come back next season.

• Stayed December 2011
Riverside, California
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Lake Tahoe is a favorite vacation spot of ours, we normally visit during the summer but earlier this year my husband took me for the first time in the winter. We brought our 12 year old and we stayed at 3 Peaks because our timeshare was booked. We secured a suite with a separate bedroom and our 12 year old slept in the sofa bed. We all loved it! We all had our privacy, the room had a little kitchenette, the bathroom was a tad on the small side but adequate, and we loved the large balcony where we were able to build the most awesome snowman ever. A huge bonus was the hottub - it was large enough to accomodate a lot of guests and we were surprised at how enjoyable it was to spend in the hottub with snow all around us. The hotel is walking distance from the casinos and the shopping centers and we really enjoyed these walks. We can't wait to go back to Tahoe this winter and we will definitely stay at 3 Peaks again!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Brads_Wifey
California
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I love this hotel! I have stayed here 4 or 5 times and my most recent visit was the best yet! After an epically long drive we arrived around 9pm and were greeted (as the other reviews have mentioned) with friendly, personable, accommodating staff. Craig checked us in, and he was very professional and courteous even under the pressure of the boss who was (jokingly) giving him a hard time throughout the process. It was only his third day on the job but he held his own, had the answers to the few questions we had, and helped to make check-in (what can sometimes be a stressful ordeal) very easy.

I am a hotel lover and obsessive online researcher. I reserved the the Parlor Suite-King Bed. It was hard to tell for sure if this room (apartment I should say) had a soaking tub. I found mixed information all over the web. I don't go ANYwhere where there is not a bathtub, preferably a bigger, fancier one than I have at home :-) So, imagine my dismay when I was told by - who I can only assume was the manager (I didn't get his name, d'oh!) - that out of all the Parlor Suite Kings there were only two without a soaking tub, and we were assigned to one. *gasp* Sensing my impending total melt down (lol) he told me not to worry, that he was happy to try and switch rooms. I told him I would be ok to downgrade to another type of room, I just needed that tub. He said he prefers to always UPgrade instead, when possible. After a couple of minutes of messing with poor Craig and showing him how to manipulate the reservations in the computer ... Waaa Laaa! Soaking tub. I can't say enough about the staff. They do really go out of there way to make sure you have a good time while you're there. And in South Shore this is rare.

Now... the room... #308...LOVE!!! I said 'apartment' previously because that's what it's like. A one bedroom apartment complete with kitchen, separate bedroom, big bathroom and BIG tub with separate shower. There was a gas burning rock fireplace, super cool wallpaper and 2 flat screens. DVD players in both rooms (nice) and a HUGE (ie: long, not wide) private deck on the back with doors from the kitchen and the bedroom. I absolutely love this renovated room! I've always stayed in the two bedrooms and they are very nice as well but it had been a few years since I had been here and what a difference! It was so nice to be in Tahoe and still get all the 'little' things that make a huge difference. Like big flat screens, DVD players, cool wallpaper and furnishings. And that bed... OMG! LOVE LOVE LOVE! So comfortable. Seriously one of the best hotel beds I've ever slept in (and that's sayin somethin', lol).

The only issue we had was housekeeping walking into our room at 11am on the dot after just one quick knock. We had asked for a late checkout (and was accommodated, of course) and were not prepared to have the cleaning staff just walk in. Admittedly, the 'boy' had not placed the Do Not Disturb card back in the door lock so technically it IS his fault. We did receive two more knocks in the next hour, however, seeing if we had left yet. A system of letting the cleaning staff know when there's a late checkout would be a great idea.

We had NO problem with the free wifi and it was very easy to connect to. Can't wait to come back. I won't even look into staying anywhere else in Tahoe again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Whisk-Chef
Marysville, California
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I usually go for expensive luxury style hotels because I want to make sure I have a comfortable bed. But my husband said to try a cheap hotel since we wouldn't spend much time their. I was a little hesitant but agreed to stay somewhere cheap. We found 3 peaks resort which is pet friendly. I was actually shocked how comfortable the bed was and how affordable the room was, which gave us more money to enjoy at the casino. I would definatley return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011