“We love this place!”

3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We have stayed here many times and are always pleased with the rooms and service. I love the knotty pine walls and rustic decor,It makes us feel as if we are staying in a cabin in the pines! Comfy beds too! And a great shower(you never run out of hot water as we have at many Tahoe motels).A walk away from casinos and Raleys shopping center.

Ronda and Paul Mcwhorter
Ca

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Booked this way in advance and got good value. The location is excellent and it is nice and quiet. The king bed was comfy but oh dear, the pull out sofa and rollaway were atrocious. Unsleepable actually. Following complaint we were EVENTUALLY supplied with a memory foam supplement mattress. The toilet blocked for no reason and we were handed a plunger after 3 service requests. Unbelievably poor service. Spent 3 nights including Xmas day here. Would not come back if it was free. Staff and maintenance really let down what could be a quality value stay. Terrible wi if internet service mostly did not work at all.

1  Thank happydaze-7
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed here for one night in a pool side king suite. The room was nice, I liked the contemporary decor with a few rustic touches. We were able to check in early (thanks to the woman at the front desk, I don't recall her name, she was very helpful). The location was great, walking distance to town, etc. The only problem was that I think we were in a handicap room & the water from the shower flowed into the bathroom floor, since there was nothing to stop it (due to the showere being wheelchair accessible). Also, I had booked the room over the summer via hotels.com & got a great rate. The rates went up quite a bit.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed at this "resort" for two nights in Dec. 2011. I would not recommend it and I wish I had chosen somewhere else.

I was given room #101, a ground floor, corner room. When walking in, I was immediately disappointed. It looked like a cheap motel (and for a couple hundred dollars a night, it really shouldn't). However, once I removed the bedspread, things started to look better (the bedspread was dark and ugly). The bathroom is super small but at least everything was clean. The saving grace of this place is that it is very clean.

While there is nothing especially nice about the room, I was dealing with it. It IS in a great location, just a few blocks to the Heavenly village and town. That was very nice.

However, the reason for the two star rating came when I tried to go to sleep the first night. Being close to the street, I could hear cars whenever they drove by and they sounded like they were in the bedroom. Ugh, okay, I can deal. But then I quickly realized that you could hear every freakin' footstep on the people in the room above (and for some reason my upstairs neighbors walked around ALL night) and every word of their normal-volume conversations.

When I had checked in, the man at the front desk had given me a map of the place and circled a number on the back for the local police for noise complaints as the office is only open until 11pm. Umm...this was weird but ok.... However, I can't exactly call the police and complain that people are WALKING and TALKING upstairs. They should be able to do that without me hearing them.

The hot tub was pretty clean and very warm which was nice although the scenery in that area was terrible with the pool being closed for the winter and a big construction-green fence surrounding it.

I was told the office opened at 7am so I planned to leave at 7:30am on my departure day (after a second completely restless night). When I got to the office there was a sign on the door saying they opened at 7am but it was dark inside and locked. I left my keys in the room and called while on the road to let them know I had done so. I also told them about all the problems I had and I simply got a meak "sorry."

Lastly, don't expect to find the building that's in their main pictures anywhere. I couldn't find it (perhaps it was in the back somewhere?). The place looks much more like a row of motel rooms.

If you're in the area and unfamiliar with it like I was I recommend staying at the Marriott or Embassy Suites if you can afford it. They're beautiful and right in the heart of the village.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a top floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lotti-Ann
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Motel style accommodations are enhanced by the quality of the room decor and the location. Minutes walk from Heavenly Village. Checkin was friendly and efficient. Drops stars for - (1) so far, cannot get the wireless to work (I am a techie) and (2) not enough towels for the number of guests. A common fault for this type of place that is just annoying. Overall though, if you can get a reasonable rate it is recommended.

Reviewed 16 December 2011

Great location to Heavenly with in walking distance. Upon check in I was given a room upgrade for staying all week at no extra cost by Wendy at the front desk. She was very helpful and made check in smooth and easy. Rooms were cleaned everyday. Great local hotel to stay at and at a price you can not beat. I will be staying here when I come back next season.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Lake Tahoe is a favorite vacation spot of ours, we normally visit during the summer but earlier this year my husband took me for the first time in the winter. We brought our 12 year old and we stayed at 3 Peaks because our timeshare was booked. We secured a suite with a separate bedroom and our 12 year old slept in the sofa bed. We all loved it! We all had our privacy, the room had a little kitchenette, the bathroom was a tad on the small side but adequate, and we loved the large balcony where we were able to build the most awesome snowman ever. A huge bonus was the hottub - it was large enough to accomodate a lot of guests and we were surprised at how enjoyable it was to spend in the hottub with snow all around us. The hotel is walking distance from the casinos and the shopping centers and we really enjoyed these walks. We can't wait to go back to Tahoe this winter and we will definitely stay at 3 Peaks again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family