“Wow”

3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I have been to Tahoe a couple times, stayed in mediocre places, and none were to a standard I like to live by. First I was amazed such a nice hotel was dog friendly!! I love my dogs so that was a plus. Then as I got there, the front desk and checking in was a breeze, plus Wendy the manager there was phenomenal! She gave me great advice, on a few great eating places and a beach called Nevada that I could bring my dog! What a great get away. Thank you Wendy!

Room Tip: Well they didn't have a restaurant or a fitness center but still wonderful!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank David G

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Our annual trip went without a hitch again. The staff was as warm and welcoming as always. Although the Manager Gary Jones even made it more spectacular. He hooked us up with a party boat on the lake. We could not believe the beauty we all encountered as we happily cruised the lake. A must from here on out! Also, Gary will assist anyone with wonderful cusines. Our last night we had a beautiful Birthday dinner at one of the finest restaurants on the lake thanks to Gary. As far as the rooms, the beds are so comfortable, clean rooms and the staff CW and Wendy could not be more accomodating. Always assisting in any request in minutes. Unbelievable service by all!!!! The pool is a meeting place for all types of folks. We met the most wonderful couple from Germany, in which they ended up joining us crusing the lake and celebrated our night out for our Birthday girl's dinner. Thank you all again for a perfect Birthday Celebration!!!!

Room Tip: Love them all. My dog does too!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Excellent location, just a short walk to the lakeside in one direction, and a short walk to the shops/restaurants the other way. The bedroom was not modern, but in keeping with the style of the hotel. There were 2 double beds, we are used to kingsize so 2 adults in a double was a little cosy!! The bathroom was snug but for the price we paid we had no complaints at all. The room had a sliding balcony door leading to a balcony that was shared with the room next door. Downtown Lake Tahoe is very nice, but beware (!) restaurants are very expensive, we drove up the road for a mile and found a lovely Italian restaurant, Teps Villa Roma. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at 3 Peaks for one night on our way back to the Bay Area. We just wanted something inexpensive, clean, and close to everything. 3 Peaks didn't disappoint, and in fact we were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the location was easy to find, and the beach was charming. We both travel a great deal for work and usually stay at 5 star properties, so our standards are pretty high. For the price, I can't imagine finding a more accomodating, comfortable property, and Craig at the office was very nice. I highly recommend 3 Peaks Resort.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This was my first trip to Tahoe and I knew we weren't going to be in the room for much for than resting, so I wasn't looking for anything expensive but I also didn't want a run-down, yucky hotel. 3 Peaks was an excellent cost and the room was immaculate! The staff was very very welcoming and helpful. The room was incredibly clean, although I didn't much care for the smell (I believe it was Pledge) because it was super strong, and the room was just big enough for two people. But it was great for the cost. The lake is pretty much right across the street and right next to Heavenly Village for shopping! Oh and the bed was super comfy! Loved it!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Stayed here for four days on 5/28/2012 and did not want to spend a ton. Got a 36.00 a night rate, while dated, the rooms were nice with the exception of a chest of drawers that had seen better days. I was upgraded to a suite type room with a Jacuzzi and my wife and I enjoyed the huge shower in the room. The pool is cold but the double deck Jacuzzi is very nice and the location is excellent as you are three blocks off Lake Tahoe Blvd and the casinos. This is a good property if you want to do Tahoe on a budget. The front desk employees were pleasant and the maid service was prompt. I would definitely come back here it was a great deal! Be advised this is not upscale, there is no continental breakfast (coffee only) and don't expect the U.S.A. Today at your door...otherwise enjoy!!! One more thing...walls are really thin.

Room Tip: Opt for a room by the pool as the have little patios.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We found this hotel to be the best value in Lake Tahoe. We are frequent visitors and travel with our furry child Samson. The staff was so welcoming and helpful.
CW and Greg were able to staighten out a reservation mess made by travelocity and even gave us an upgrade. Wendy and Craig always had time to give us information to help us make the most of our vacation. Craig's dog Hank even gave our dog special kisses to make him feel at home. Kudos to the maintainance and cleaning staff- our room was so clean we felt we were the first to stay in it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family