“Value, Hot Tub, Service”

3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our room cost $40 which was worth a 5-rating. The mature pine trees are worth a 5-rating. My wife loves a hot tub and we've made it a point to only make reservations at a hotel that has one available. We've stayed at five or six different hotels in South Lake Tahoe as well as Nevada and, hands down, 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club has a great hot tub, 5-rating. The staff also deserve a 5-rating (thanks Owen!). They upgraded us to a King Suite and made sure we had everything we needed to make our stay enjoyable... In addition the small refrigerator, large microwave, double flat-screen TV's were nice amenities. It's blocks away from the CA/NV state line, Harvey's and Harrah's, yet far enough away to be relatively quiet. It has large fireplaces and high ceilings in many rooms as well as kitchenettes. All of these things required that I give it the high rating that I did.

The room suite we stayed in was very rustic: pine paneling and period wallpaper (I liked these touches). But, there are quirks that made me scratch my head: I'm 6'4 and smacked my head twice on low hanging lights. Anyone over 6'1" would have had this problem. If I was 6'6" I might have been scalped by the fans in both the bedroom and living room...Bathrooms have tub showers with sliding shower doors. Loud fan with one of two bathrooms lights. The living room was not well lit and the mattress was too soft. The first night I "slept" on the right side of the bed but the mattress sagged toward the middle and it felt like I was sleeping in a hole and with the proximity of my chin to my chest I snored mightily during the night disturbing not only my wife's sleep but probably the sleep of my neighbors... The walls are thin. The other side of the bed wasn't quite so worn down and my wife and I had a better second night's sleep.

Despite the negatives we'll definitely stay here again because of the price, the hot tub and potential that other rooms offer. It's difficult finding rooms with fireplaces in Tahoe and until we find a better hot tub my wife will insist we come back.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed at 3 Peaks during a ski trip in February 2014 because it is so close to the Heavenly Ski Resort and the price was very good for the area. My room was nice, clean and quiet so when I went back in March I stayed at 3 Peaks again. To my delight on my second visit Deon gave me a free upgrade to a mini-suite. The in-room Jacuzzi felt so good after a hard day on the slopes. I highly recommend this establishment for the budget conscious traveler.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here a couple of years ago and enjoyed it so we returned this year for a weekend stay. This time we were in a downstairs unit with a fireplace (nice). Because the fireplace limits amount and location of furniture, the mini fridge was in an open cabinet above some drawers next to the bed. Unfortunately, that puts the fridge about at ear level while laying down; my wife, who's a light sleeper, slept poorly that night. We also were getting some noise from upstairs (roll-around luggage and a clomper). We asked for a different room the next day and Wendy not only cheerfully changed our room, but upgraded us to a Parlor Suite which we enjoyed very much. Thanks, Wendy! We'll stay here again, especially because of their service and friendliness; if we don't go for a suite, we'll ask for an upstairs unit.

Room Tip: Upstairs units are quieter in our experience. Suites are, of course, larger, but also nicer with mor...
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This place was great. I was actually disappointed in the tiny room that was given to us when we first checked in, but after having a whiny dog next door, I went downstairs and asked Patrick if he could move us. He gave us a free upgrade into a giant King Suite with a living room and full kitchen.
The place was really clean and quiet. No complaints about the pillows, either. The bed was sooooooooooo comfy. We will definitely come back.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I along with my 2 dogs frequently stay here at 3 Peaks Resort Beach and Club. I highly recommend 3 Peaks if you want The Best experience. I've stayed here over 20 times and it is CONSISTENTLY clean, positive atmosphere, highly maintained, and always have many options of preference in style of rooms from cabin style to a modern style fusion condo. Location is key. You are literally a 3 min walk from the beach, 5 mins walk from the wonderful Heavenly Gondola shopping center, Harveys and Harrah s hotel and casino. You are in the middle and close to everything. To top it off, the staffs are Wonderful! They all acknowledge you and smile. I appreciate Wendy and management for accommodating my family and I EVERY MOMENT we get the chance to go to South Lake Tahoe. Wendy is very professional, knowledgeable, and very personable. My dogs love her, loves 3 Peaks, the big conformable beds! Can't ask for anything more or better! This is the best of the best and anything else here is downhill.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great service. Rooms comfortable, clean and quiet. Within walking distance of the beach, casinos and shopping. This was our third time staying here and will stay again. Got great service from Owen when checking in.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Excellent location for lake Tahoe fun. owen was a great staff I stay here with my son for the first time when not skiing it was great. . It's really more like two small pools linked by a waterfall. The staff is friendly and very helpful

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family