“WOW!”

Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Montreal, Canada
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed in the Deluxe room, which is the basic room.

At $48, that's simply the best value we ever had for an hotel/resort room. The room was cosyand the staff is friendly and helpful.

We will definitely return there for our next Lake Tahoe trip!

Room Tip: Deluxe room = great value!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is an awesome hotel. Very clean, great location, very friendly staff. Deon upgraded me to a King bed mini suite. I will definitely stay here again. Close to the beach and the casinos. Awesome stay! thanks.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding in South Lake Tahoe on a Saturday night. It is a dog friendly place with two levels of floors, rustic "knotty pine" décor, pool & spa. It is simple, no frills, but the room was clean and did not smell musty. I did not bring a dog, but there were some there on site. I was afraid the room would smell like a wet dog, but it didn't (it was raining). Bed was comfortable and good shower. All rooms are non-smoking. My room also had a (real wood burning) fireplace! It is located off the main road, so it was quiet at night. The heater/air conditioner ran on and off all night (automatic setting) which was annoying. Parking is free and right outside your door. Many places in SLT charge for parking, and other "fees" so be sure to ask before you commit to a hotel. This place does have a pool and spa, but did not charge extra for these amenities. It is a short walk to the beach. It was also very reasonable priced for a Saturday nite - every other place I sought out was more expensive (unless it was a simple roadside motel). I would go back if I was to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs on the end. It should be the quietest.
1 Thank claudia b
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My boyfriend and i stayed here two nights about a month ago. We booked the Deluxe King room. We got there after a day of traveling and skiing and were very grumpy. When we went to check in there was a problem with the reservation which had come from our end and so naturally we got frustrated with the problem. The clerk was very helpful and he actually ended up upgrading out room to the Studio Suite on the house. this room was much nicer than the original room we had booked and about a $90 price difference. The room was very comfortable, with a full kitchen and bath, it also had a fireplace. We were slightly concerned with the cleanliness of the rooms because the hotel is very animal friendly, but the room was very clean with no animal hair or odors. The bed was extremely soft and comfortable with lots of pillows too. the next night we asked if we would be switching back to the room we originally booked (the Deluxe King). They said no and allowed us to stay another night in the upgraded room for the price of the Deluxe King.

We both really enjoyed our stay at the 3 Peaks Resort and would highly recommend this hotel to Tahoe visiters! The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and it is in the center of down town south lake!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Salvia L
California USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club. Both times we have stayed on the left (north side of the complex as you face the front). The first time (over 2 years ago) we had a standard king room on the ground floor and were very satisfied with the cleanliness of the room, even though it is a pet friendly hotel, and we were a little concerned about pet odors or carpet stains. There was no indication of pets having been in the room. This time, though, we decided to get a king room with a fireplace. The price was very economical for the 3 nights we were planning to stay, and a nice fire in the fireplace sounded good because of the chilly evenings.
Unfortunately, the room was quite a letdown from what we expected after our first experience at 3 Peaks. It was a tiny room, at the end of the building on the bottom floor. I should not have booked a room with a fireplace, because it smelled so strongly of wood smoke that it almost choked me when I first walked in. After airing it out, though, it was more bearable.
The bathroom was okay, but found hair in the shower before using it the following morning. Anyway, it served the purpose it was meant for, and we managed. We loved the mountain cabin décor, but the room as a whole, was on the shabby side.
It did have a fridge, and a safe in the closet, which came in handy. We enjoyed the outside hot tub, the closeness to Heavenly Village (just several blocks away), and Raley's grocery store, which was very convenient. The beach access several blocks away, was also very nice and would be great for families during the summer.
I do want to say thanks to Owen who checked us in at the front desk (sorry, can't give the hotel 5 stars for the above reasons). He was very pleasant and gave us all the needed information for our stay. All in all, had a great time in Tahoe, nice weather, and beautiful scenery!

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor, if at all possible, for a good night's sleep. ;-)
Carson City, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I revived a free up grade to a 1 bedroom sute and I was glad for that as I was told over the phone that the regular rooms did not have microwaves and I did not want to eat out and a lot. The room was very clean although a bit old. Every thing worked and I was very comfortable for 3 days.
The location is great as there is a major grocery store within 1 block and everything else in Tahoe was within 3 blocks of that.
The desk man Owen has very quick on my check in and explaining everything.
There is however, not a lot of sound proofing between rooms.
It comes down to would I say there again instead of one of the big casinos? Yes

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Napa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our room cost $40 which was worth a 5-rating. The mature pine trees are worth a 5-rating. My wife loves a hot tub and we've made it a point to only make reservations at a hotel that has one available. We've stayed at five or six different hotels in South Lake Tahoe as well as Nevada and, hands down, 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club has a great hot tub, 5-rating. The staff also deserve a 5-rating (thanks Owen!). They upgraded us to a King Suite and made sure we had everything we needed to make our stay enjoyable... In addition the small refrigerator, large microwave, double flat-screen TV's were nice amenities. It's blocks away from the CA/NV state line, Harvey's and Harrah's, yet far enough away to be relatively quiet. It has large fireplaces and high ceilings in many rooms as well as kitchenettes. All of these things required that I give it the high rating that I did.

The room suite we stayed in was very rustic: pine paneling and period wallpaper (I liked these touches). But, there are quirks that made me scratch my head: I'm 6'4 and smacked my head twice on low hanging lights. Anyone over 6'1" would have had this problem. If I was 6'6" I might have been scalped by the fans in both the bedroom and living room...Bathrooms have tub showers with sliding shower doors. Loud fan with one of two bathrooms lights. The living room was not well lit and the mattress was too soft. The first night I "slept" on the right side of the bed but the mattress sagged toward the middle and it felt like I was sleeping in a hole and with the proximity of my chin to my chest I snored mightily during the night disturbing not only my wife's sleep but probably the sleep of my neighbors... The walls are thin. The other side of the bed wasn't quite so worn down and my wife and I had a better second night's sleep.

Despite the negatives we'll definitely stay here again because of the price, the hot tub and potential that other rooms offer. It's difficult finding rooms with fireplaces in Tahoe and until we find a better hot tub my wife will insist we come back.