“This is the place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Los Angeles, California
“This is the place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

I am writing this as I am staying here (for just one night) because I am so impressed with everything about this place that I wanted to write about it ASAP. I can't imagine that the recent negative reviewers stayed in this same place! You cannot beat the value for the price, that is for starters. It's clean, quiet, close to everything you could want and this room has one of the most comfortable pillow-top mattresses (and pillows) I've ever slept on. You just don't find those at these prices. I can't imagine anyone has had any difficulty with the management...from the moment I arrived they bent over backwards to help me right a mistake that I myself had made through a booking agency (I put in the wrong date). The manager himself spoke with the booking agency to help me out and it all worked out fine. Word to the wise, he suggested booking directly with the hotel for better rates, which I will do next time, and there definitely WILL be a next time for a longer stay! Turn a blind eye to the naysayers. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Raleigh NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

I'm not sure what these last few reviews were complaining about, this place is wonderful. And there IS a pool, I saw it 2 days ago in the middle of the complex....unlike what the previous reviewer said. Must have been blind!

Loved it.... very quaint... room was adorable, spacious, clean, decorated like a log cabin type of atmosphere. There were rooms with fireplaces as well, saw one as i was walking down the hall.. The front desk clerk Tom was especially helpful, spending 15 minutes telling me where to drive to see the best sites in the area. He was wonderful.....

Wouldn't change a thing, have already suggested it to others that plan to visit the area. You can park the car and walk to everything........fabulous.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Ardrossan, Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

We have had nothing but problems with this hotel. It took us nearly two hours to check in for a reserved room that didn't exist when we arrived. They then booked us into a room that still had someone in it. Finally they gave us a room that, when we got in, still had the detritus of the previous occupants.

As a token they "refunded" the cost of one of the three nights we stayed there. However when we got home we found that they had charged us for the original three nights (that we paid in advance) plus the two nights (that we paid at the end).

In the end we were charged five nights for a three nights stay in a hotel that was less than average. To add insult to injury they then refused to refund the incorrect charge on our credit card. That has taken us a year to get to this stage where we are hundreds of dollars out of pocket.

Strongly avoid this place.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank tonygurney
Brentwood, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

We had a great time in Tahoe. The 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club was close to everything. We walked to the Casinos, Heavenly Village and plenty of restaurants. The room was clean and comfortable. Our only complaint was the Wifi was painfully slow. If you are looking for a smoke free, non casino hotel and close to everything, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Henderson,Nv.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

I had booked thru Hotels.com off of trip advisor...I saw the photos of the rooms with the 42 inch flat screen tvs and the newly redecorated rooms and could not believe that they were 39.96 a night so I called the Hotel to ask if that's really what I'm getting because Hotels.com had also written out the same description of the room. The front desk clerk told me if that's what it said then YES that is the room I will receive. LIARS!!!!! Not only is that not the room you receive but there's also NO POOL! The 1st night they were booked so we waited till the morning to say something about are room. So my Husband went in the morning to resolve the issue & we received no cooperation or upgrade. Being that my Husband is a nice guy he went ahead and paid the difference and got us the room we were expecting. Oh yeah by the way the 1st room was dingy, smelled like dogs, and the bathroom tile was broken and the toilet paper roll was coming off the wall hanging....ugh! The 1st room was nice upon 1st entering but the door does not shut or lock properly and the Ac and fan was very noisy, and all the linen smelled like it had been left in the washer for days wreaking of mildew. Not worth the money there are plenty of other places to stay in Tahoe do not waste your time!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank wopbamboo
Folsom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

I have to say that this was by far one of the cleanest, friendliest, and quietest places I have stayed at in Lake Tahoe. The room more then I expected - although nothing to overly brag about, but it gave you your space between room, not like your typical hotel/motel room. Location was great - walking distance to everything you could possible want.
I will most definately stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Roseville, Ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

3 Peaks Resort
To whom this may concern,

Last weekend I stayed at 3 peaks resort and beach club and honestly it was the worse experience I have ever had. We arrived Friday April 24th and checked out April 26th. I was quite impressed at the beginning. I thought it was a nice little place. I stay in Tahoe every weekend during the summer and was looking somewhere that I could stay on the weekends and the fact that you were pet friendly made it that more inviting since I have 2 puppies

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business