“3 Peaks gets my vote”

Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Sonoma County
“3 Peaks gets my vote”
Reviewed 14 August 2009

Driving out of Tahoe Valley I realized one my diamond earrings was missing. I called and reported the missing piece and thought..."I'll never see it again" Having left things in hotel rooms in the past that were"never found"- 3 Peaks called this morning with the good news the earring was found in my room- and they are sending ASAP-this was not a huge diamond...but one of my favorite pieces of jewelery.....reading the previous post I am feeling lucky. My 3 day stay with my granddaughter was very nice- I was originally attracted to 3 Peaks becasue it is dog friendly and had mostly good reviews. At the last minute I decided not to bring my dog- but I loved having dogs on the property- a plus for me- Our room was basic- not one of the posh units-2 queen beds- no frills but pleasant. Great location for South Shore-off the main drag- so quiet and close to everything. The pool area is nice- huge hot tub- green lawns and flowers...the beach club aspect is nice as well...pretty and private- they rent beach gear like chairs and umbrella's- but pricey ........all in all- as I said- gets my vote and yes- I would return

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank sparkbun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Hebrew first
calgary, AB
Reviewed 10 August 2009

The hotel room was great in terms of comfort and amenities and the front end staff was pleasant. They offer complimentary coffee in the front entrance with to-go cups but all 3 times we went, they had none made. The cleaning staff barged into our room twice during our week stay at 8 am and we had to scramble to find some clothes and ask them to come back. Our floor in the kitchen was not swept the entire time we were there (8 days) and we ran out of toilet paper 3 times. To top it off, my $300 brand new swimsuit was hanging in the bathroom on the towel rack to dry and was taken by the housekeeping staff, yet allegedly never found or turned in. I would not recommend staying here.

1 Thank travulgurl
Denver, CO
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We stopped by on our way home for a good nights rest. It was peaceful, close to the water and the beds were extremely comforable. I am already trying to plan a trip back. The heated pool and hot tub were just want we needed after the long road trip and the friendly staff was the icing on the cake. We were sad it was time to leave and would have enjoyed an additional three days.

Thanks you!

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 2 August 2009

My wife and I, along with Beau (our schnoodle) stayed 1 night here but wished we could have stayed longer. Beau thought the pet area was just fine. We are already planning to come back and stay longer. GREAT location and convenient to just about anything you would want to do in the Lake Tahoe area. VERY comfortable bed. The room even had a fireplace! Our only very "minor" complaint was that the room was a bit small but it was quite enough for us. Internet access was good. It had a microwave and refer. Airconditioner worked great. You can look long and hard but you'll come back here. It is a great value and we highly recommend it!

California
Reviewed 25 July 2009

So my review might be a little lengthy but I am the kind of person that reads reviews before I book anywhere so I want to give the traveler an opportunity to hear all of the good and bad from our stay here.

We checked in quick and easy at about 7:30 PM on Monday. We brought our things to our room which was nice- we booked the Suite with a Kind bed. Rooms are updated with trendy interior designs and LG electronics (air condition unit and flat screen TV). Kitchens are stocked full of all appliances, but be careful of what you put into the fridge- it's more of an ice box. All of our drinks and food were frozen ice cubes by the next morning.

This is a dog friendly hotel, however the private beach down the way is not dog friendly. We went down there the first night where my fiance proposed, it was very romantic with great views. We went to the casinos for dinner to celebrate but nothing is open past 10 PM during the week except a cafe inside of Mont Blu or the Lakeside Inn which is kind of run down. But the great aspect is that we were in walking distance of the hotel from the strip so if we decided to drink, it's about a half mile walk to and from our hotel.

The next morning we woke up and I noticed that the clothes in my drawer were soaking wet. I couldn't figure out if I had spilled something, but then I saw a stream on the marble counter of our dresser and realized that the AC unit was leaking condensation onto everything, including the flat screen TV and the electrical units behind the drawers. They place the units above the TVs which doesn't make a lot of sense. Anyways, we had called the front desk who offered to move us into a different but same suite and took 20% off of our stay. So we agreed, but it took an hour to move our things up two flights of stairs in the heat and and missed our dinner reservations...

And the suite was not the same. It did not have the same amenities such as the whirlpool tub and there was no AC in the unit. There was a large hole in the screen to the porch and the wood burning fireplace has smoke stains up the rock structure and to the ceiling as well. There was no ventilation in the bathroom so the room got very hot unless you kept the door open, which rids of privacy. It was definitely a smaller room too.

We asked the front desk to supply a fan which they did, and we tried to keep the place cool by opening up the windows at night and morning, and keep the fan running while we were gone as it was too loud while we were sleeping. But there was a heat wave in Tahoe while we were there so it was kind of uncomfortable.

One of the more disturbing things is that we can hear EVERYTHING our neighbors are doing, and they could hear everything we were doing too which meant we had to keep it down if we wanted to celebrate grown-up style. This also included being able to hear individuals taking showers and using the toilet.

We made the best of our new room. We could walk to the village every morning and the Marriot shopping center, it's about a quarter mile walk to coffee, food and shopping which was a great way to start the morning. The street we are on has some pretty run down and cheap motels but don't let that deter you from the hotel itself... it's the nicest one the block. The groundskeepers are up every morning taking care of the lawns and maintaining the grounds which is impressive. The housekeeping is also very accommodating and friendly too. When we left our pup in the room, they were very respectful in keeping the dog calm and not disturbing him... he's very friendly and excitable and did not seem frightened at all. There are spots all around the hotel site including walking trails to take your animals to potty as well as doggie bags supplied for clean up.

I attempted to do laundry but the machines take forever to wash and dry.... very old machines. There are no change machines or dispensaries for detergent so make sure you have both. The only vending machines there are free ice and of course a soda machine. No continental breakfast supplied- only coffee. Lobby also has pool table and one computer with the internet. The entire hotel site has WiFi but it's spotty, you have to get into the right place to get a good signal. The rooms have safes which was nice to store our electronics and other items while we were gone.

Another incident occurred- my fiance was in the shower and he bumped into the soap dish that broke off and crashed into the tub into a million pieces, and he cut his foot. At this point, I decided to talk to the manager about our experience in the new room. Chris was fantastic, he addressed our needs and compensated everything with a free night at the hotel. He was very accommodating and did what he could to make us as comfortable as possible. I was very impressed with this.

Overall, things did not go perfectly during our stay but after our experience with the staff I would definitely stay here again. We decided that especially having our dog with us, this is the best place to stay in Tahoe for the price and the amount of time we were there. The rooms were very clean, the bed was ridiculously comfortable, we felt like we were sleeping on a cloud every night. If you can handle some of the other amenities that are lacking, then this is a great place to stay. They also give discounts for return customers, and deeper discounts the longer you stay.

We would recommend staying here to our friends and family. We used tripadvisor.com and booked through Travelocity which was the best rate. If you have any issues or want to verify that your room will be available when you check in, call and ask for the manager Chris. I heard that some people did not get the room that they book through the internet, so call ahead of time to make sure that you get what you pay for. It's definitely an internet error, and not something done intentionally at the front desk. But 3 Peaks proved to fulfill their obligations to their customers and more. So don't hesitate to ask for what you need.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank doclovesorganix
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I did a lot of research for places around South Lake Tahoe and decided that this place offered the most for your money. I definitely think that I was right.
My one stipulation is that when we first arrived, they put us into a basic hotel room, when we had booked a Studio Suite. When we went back to the lobby to correct the mistake, we were told that the mistake has been made several times off of bookings from Orbitz, so beware. Unfortunately, the mistake meant that while we had paid for a Studio Suite, we were put in a Parlor Suite (no jacuzzi) and were not offered the price difference.
Other than that, we had a great time. We were there for a week of spring snowboarding and the walk to the Heavenly gondola and shuttles was really short. The room was nice, despite the mixup. The kitchen was small, but really useful. The gas fireplace was cozy. It is really close to the casinos, some restaurants, and a grocery store.
The soaking tub was nice after a long day of snowboarding and the shower had great water pressure, though the water in the pipes was a little loud and could be heard coming from other rooms. The bed was comfortable as was the couch. The free wifi was really handy. There were new flatscreen tv's in both rooms. The cleaning service was really great. We had left some dishes in the sink to clean later and they had been done by the time we got off the mountain! They were also really great about parking and when we had friends come to ski on the last day, they not only let us park after check out, but let our friends park there as well.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Roseville, CA
Reviewed 28 June 2009

We stayed at 3 peaks for our 1st year wedding anv. with our 1 year old lab. We were excited to take her to the lake with us. However, from the get-go we were disappointed to find out their private beach was not dog friendly (even though their saint bernard on their logo has a pair of swim trunks on...) as well as their pool. We had to ask the locals where a dog-friendly beach was, since the man at the front desk that checked us in gave us directions to another beach that again was not dog friendly (even though he said it was... yay wasting time!!!)

Our room was nice at first glance. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom. The windows could not be open to let fresh air in due to the fact that the screen had a huge gap that would allow bugs in if you left it open. We had to instead run the noisy air conditioner all night or deal with the stuffiness.

The TV was very small and didn't get a great reception. The spa only got tepid and was the same tempurature as the pool. The spa jets only stayed on for about 2 minutes before auto shutting off and staying that way for another 15. A different gentleman at the front desk tried to fix it by reseting the controls but when that didn't work he simply went back to his desk.

For the price of about 60 dollars a night its decent for what you get. They charge your $20 per DOG per NIGHT, however, which I think is a bit much for 'cleaning'. I can understand excess shedding, but a once-over vaccum which they should be doing in the first place would be just fine for most dogs, including ours.

The walls were paper thin, we heard the family above us stomping around at 6:30 or 7 every morning. The couple we shared a wall with our bed we even heard being intimate one night... not much for a mood setting of our own affairs :/

No breakfast provided, their private beach looked dirty, very little parking. Stay here if you're just looking for a place to rest, but not really relax.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple