June 2014 - I stayed here once before in 2010 with no complaints, but it is impossible not to notice all the improvements made since then. Hannah, the owner, is so charming. She converted the dated driveway by the front office into a spacious and bright conservatory; my room, #6, (2 doubles) was enormous, had a well stocked bathroom (toms toothpaste!), which was also very elegant. Several mini dark chocolate balance bars complimentary too - nice touch. Very clean. It's not the most inexpensive option out there, but this is one of those cases where the quality really shows and makes you wonder if those other dumps aren't the rip offs. Another review commented on the layout - two-stories, your room's door accessible from outside. That is the only motel-y thing about this place. Well, other than the fridge, microwave and coffee pot in room. But those are pluses, no? It's in a great location and stays pretty quiet. Again, why stay anywhere else in SLT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alpenrose Inn is known for its great value in high quality lodging: exceptional customer service and delightful unique accommodations. It is cozy, quiet and clean! Located in a friendly neighborhood of tree-lined streets, the Inn has all the amenities to make your stay in Lake Tahoe memorable and relaxing. It's an easy stroll to the lake shore (beach, marina and restaurant), Heavenly Ski Resort and Village, Edgewood Golf Course, world-class casinos, dining, shopping and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Alpenrose Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenrose Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Motel Lake Tahoe