“Great ice cream place!”

Aloha Ice Cream and Dessert Spa
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Good for: View
Description: Featuring delicious Cascade Glacier Ice Cream, from Eugene Oregon. All baking done in house, featuring Ice Cream Cakes, Ice Cream Sandwiches, Fruit Pie Of The Day, Ice Cream Cakes by the Slice, Hand dipped chocolate bananas, Giant Cookies and more
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great little place for ice cream in South Tahoe (near the Timber Cove pier). Perfect treat to cap off a day on the lake!

Donna R, Owner at Aloha Ice Cream and Dessert Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2014

Thank-you so much!

There are newer reviews for Aloha Ice Cream and Dessert Spa

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have never tasted a so soft and great icecream in the USA Made by american people. This is perfect: soft, very good flauvors with an interesting choice of sorbet, giant parts and the possibility to seat inside and outside. I'm an expert of icecream and really I congratulate with them: bravissimi!

1  Thank Zampe1977

Thank-you so much! Such a wonderful compliment

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at Inn by the Lake, which is literally across the street from this place, and we ended up going to it all four nights we were in Tahoe.

Good ice cream. Good variety of flavors. Only had cones -- didn't go for splits or sundaes or anything.

I found some flavors better than others. Tried the tropical sorbet (not sure if that was the name), and it was brightly colored and rather tart/sour. Didn't much care for it. But the other flavors I tried were quite good: mango, pineapple, coconut, huckleberry.

The young staff members are very pleasant and polite.

It is cash only, and it is a bit pricey (around $5 for a 2-scoop cone, $3.75 for a single scoop). The scoops are generous. And it is good. After all, we went there every night. :-)

Thank-you! we sincerely appreciate your business

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'm a "fruity" kind of person (vs. a chocolate kind), and don't like overly sweet anything. The ice cream at Aloha (Cascade Glacier) was phenomenal! We went there 3 days in a row during our vacation! I had mountain blackberry, huckleberry, marionberry, black cherry (twice) and marionberry pie (which had little pieces of yummy pie crust). My friends had coconut, pistachio and others. We all loved, loved, loved the ice cream! Owner is very friendly and makes you feel welcome, staff is helpful and you never feel rushed. Which is good, because you want to linger and enjoy every bite, slurp and drippy lick of this wonderful ice cream!! Biggest regret was having to go home at the end of our vacation and having no more Aloha to go to (although my waistline is happier)!! Only negative is that the seating is picnic tables with attached benches. Awkward to get into / out of.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I enjoyed this little shop. We stopped in a couple of times on our visit. All of the flavors we tried were delicious! Right across the highway in a beautiful area to sit and watch the sunset. Great, friendly service.