“QUESTIONABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE PRACTICES”
Review of Sunray Tahoe Hotel

Sunray Tahoe Hotel
Ranked #56 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 19 August 2012

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. THE OWNER/MGR BALWINDER GILL OWNER OF B&B HOSPITALITY LLC HAS QUESTIONABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE PRACTICES. I accidentally reserved 2 rooms on the internet instead of 1 using my points. I spoke with Balwinder that night and he said he would cancel the extra room. When I called Choice priviledges the next day to ask for the points back i was told they would need to get permission from Balwinder. When they called Balwinder he refused to give up points saying he had held the room. Hmmm.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kellie N
There are newer reviews for Sunray Tahoe Hotel

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I would differ with some of the recent reviews. This is NOT a resort or luxury hotel and is NOT priced like one.
For the price, I can't complain and have stayed here on several occasions. There is a microwave, refrigerator, free internet (you don't get all these in many of the resort hotels). Even a fireplace. Room is small, but beds are comfortable and room is clean. Didn't have the breakfast, as many appealing restaurnats are close by.
Manager is always helpful, whether it be for internet services, calling a cab, or whatever else is needed.
If you need a comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price, this fills the bill.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank MoonshineOregon
Reviewed 15 July 2012

In the history of inn keeping...even when Mary and Joseph were denied room at the Inn and stayed in the stable....has there been such a horrible motel rental! AC did not work....manager had to re pug it in to another socket. Three of 6 days wifi did not work and two of six days no room service or fresh towels. Windows were so filthy you could barely see out of them.
Indian family innkeepers did barely enough to make things right. Don't mean to generalize ethnic backgrounds but they seem to always give barely enough to satisfy the customer. So cheap ! Pay $10 bucks a night more and stay at Motel 6 !

Room Tip: Stay away from this one !!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gerry F
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We traveled in California for 2 weeks and this was the worst motel we visited. We stayed there on June 25 2012. The room was dirty and it smelled, the bathroom was very poorly maintained, we slept under our own covers as the bed did not look clean. Not worth the money you save. The manager was unfriendly. The breakfast , again was the worst out of 14 days we spent traveling, poor choice, toast and grape jelly as main menu.
Monika U

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Monika U
Reviewed 21 June 2012

A "Terrible" rating does not begin to explain it. My fiance and I went to this motel on 6/17/12. When we waked into the office to check in the office reeked of body odor and garlic, we should have run for the hills then. Once we got to our room, we opened the door, the bed was unmade and the room obviously had not been vacuumed for several visits. My fiance walked back into the office and before he could say anythign the manager accused my fiance of stealing money?!?!? When my fiance attempted to tell this man about the room the manager accused him of lying and stated we had not even walked into the room. He again accused my fiance of stealing money. I walked into the office and the man tried to be pleasant and could not understand why we were upset and accused us of overreacting to the conditions of the room. At our car my fiance did call the local sheriff's dept. to report the incident because we were afraid of the man's accussations and irrational behavior. Besides the obvious filth of the motel the irrational behavior of the manager was very disturbing. DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car if this hellhole is your only other choice
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynn C
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My family and I rented this place from hotels.com. As soon as we walked in, room was dirty, cabinets had holes in them. We called hotels.com to get our money back. They said they could not do anything about that and then called the manager of the hotel. He also refused to give us our money back. After being dissapointed about not being able to get our $91.69 back for a dumpy room, we decided to make the most of it and headed out for dinner and some fun. So we got back around 10:30pm that night, we were all winding down. As soon as I pulled back the sheets, a bug was running across the middle of the sheet. The whole family was freakin out trying to kill this bug. We started looking more closely at the room and found black specks on the sheets, black pubic hair in the same bed. My husband and I and all of the kids were totally disgusted! I then called the manager and said I've had enough, he argued with me that there were no bed bugs, so I took photos and videos for evidence. I said I'd like you to give me my money back, he said no again. He offered to move me to a different room, but I refused and said do the right thing and release my money. He argued with me for 20 minutes and again refused. The manager said we should have complained to him when we first got there in the morning. We checked in at 5pm and we did complain as soon as we got there. So he lied about that. We refused to stay in a different room which he offered, which would have the same issues and bugs. At midnight, my husband and I and our 3 kids packed up our luggage and got in the car and drove 2.5 hours to go home after this terrible Father's Day weekend experience. P.S. Hotels.com is passing the buck and they were the ones who charged my card, but did nothing to help us. I even spoke to the supervisor or manager (who could barely speak english as well and the hotel owners). They refused and took no blame. Then hotels.com lied and said they would send us a $10 off our next stay, but never did end up getting that coupon. So bottom line, stay away from Econolodge south lake tahoe ca and hotels.com. I'm currently disputing the charges with my bank.

Room Tip: Dont ever stay here, unless you like throwing your money away and like bed bugs
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank deb d
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here on 4/6/2012 and had a great experience. After a long day on the ski slopes of Heavenly we went to the Red Hut Cafe for a little dinner and then checked in to our hotel room. The room was great, we had a fireplace and a flat screen television, rooms are a little small but it did the trick for us being able to get some rest before going out for some late night fun at the casino's. I have to say that our room was clean and odor free, the bathroom was also spotless and the bed was comftorable. Next time I need a room in South Lake Tahoe, I will be staying here!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Terry B
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#76 of 119 in Lake Tahoe (California)
Best Choice Inn South Lake Tahoe
Best Choice Inn South Lake Tahoe
#45 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Taho...
#42 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
#51 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Apex Inn
Apex Inn
#44 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Sunray Tahoe Hotel? Share your experiences!