“Econo Lodge South Lake Tahoe”
Review of Sunray Tahoe Hotel

Sunray Tahoe Hotel
Ranked #54 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 25 January 2013

What a great value! I stayed for a week and enjoyed the close proximity to Heavenly and many shops and restaurants. I liked the staff and my overall experience and I will be back to stay here as the price and the location are unbeatable.
The only con I experienced is spotty internet service offered by the hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Eddie S

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We had a fireplace and jacuzzi room, the first week of Jan 2013. It was so nice to come in after a day in the snow, to a jacuzzi, fireplace, flat screen TV, and a comfortable bed. My husband, I, and our teenage daughter were very happy with the cozy accommodations. It may not be as modern as some of the fancier hotels, but this was a really good value for the money. The breakfast was simple, but sufficient, and the staff, and the manager, Ron, were very nice and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank hollistermom
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Ron, the manager their is very friendly. Room was recently renovated so it was very nice and clean. Its very good place to stay. Not expensive either. pillows were comfy. no stains on sheets.
Comfortable bed. It was quiet at night and the heat worked very nicely. Had a jacuzzi in room. It was clean and warm. so if you want to stay in lake tahoe and want best value for money then thiis is the place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank l d
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We reserved our room through the group card and would NOT have stayed here had I seen it first. I could not cancel the room. I reserved one with a fire place---no fire place. Water stain on the all Dingy grey pillows. Stained comforter. OLD shower stall. The refrig. and mic were there. Didn't use micro----but the refrig is used for my husbands medicine. The furniture is out of the 70's ugly and had a very hard life. I haven't slept on the bed.---Thinking of brining my blanket out of the car and my own pillow. So not up to the other choice privilege places. Worst place I've stayed at in 10 years.

Room Tip: Ask to SEE the room first.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CSal12
Reviewed 24 September 2012

If you are looking for some cheap place to stay - here it is... I would definitely not recommend any one to stay here but if you dont want to spend too much on your accommodations, just stay here. I m glad that this motel atleast serves good breakfast :-)

Room Tip: get a suite room or jet a double queen bed room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Ashlesh
Reviewed 17 September 2012

So after reading some reviews, I was a little nervous about staying here. Finding this place was super easy, as it is right on the "strip". When we first walked in, there was a fabulous heart shaped hot tub to greet us. (first stop after that was safeway to get Mr.Bubble ;) with heated tile floors in the tub room as well as the bathroom. The king sized bed was a bit firm for our liking, but after a long day in Tahoe, it was great. Tv was a flat panel. Room also had a mini fridge and microwave, but no alarm clock.
Ron, the front desk guy, was pleasant. The breakfast was pretty simple, toast, english muffin, cereal, coffee and tea.
Overall Tahoe is stunning, one of the most beautiful natural places we have ever visited, and the Econo Lodge did not disrupt this wonderful trip whatsoever.

Room Tip: Get a heart shaped hot tub room, very romantic, and relaxing after a long Tahoe day.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank wpgJ
Reviewed 19 August 2012

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. THE OWNER/MGR BALWINDER GILL OWNER OF B&B HOSPITALITY LLC HAS QUESTIONABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE PRACTICES. I accidentally reserved 2 rooms on the internet instead of 1 using my points. I spoke with Balwinder that night and he said he would cancel the extra room. When I called Choice priviledges the next day to ask for the points back i was told they would need to get permission from Balwinder. When they called Balwinder he refused to give up points saying he had held the room. Hmmm.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kellie N
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#75 of 118 in Lake Tahoe (California)
National 9 Inn - South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Taho...
#41 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
#42 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Tahoe Valley Lodge
Tahoe Valley Lodge
#35 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Sunray Tahoe Hotel? Share your experiences!