“Under New Owners”

Ranked #62 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reno, Nevada
“Under New Owners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Checked in Last Weekend New Owners had just taken Over!
My Room Looked And Smelled like it was just re-modeled.
And the new Owners are very friendly. Great Location With Walking distance to Casinos And Restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms On First Floor Are Newly re-modeled.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alex s

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

We booked two nights for skiing the week before Christmas. First AND second rooms they gave us, the heat didn't work. Third room, it did, but took awhile to warm up. We had reserved here for the location (1 block from Heavenly gondola, that's excellent) and the hot tub (it was not working). There were never more than 2 other cars in the lot, we actually might have been the only occupants. Despite this emptiness, they did NOT give us maid service the day between our 2 nights (their standard?). Shower was lukewarm, although sink faucet was quite hot. Management did nothing when we reported this. No hangers in closet, and when I asked at the desk for 8, he gave me 4,, then gave me the 4 more when I asked. Old room and furniture, although bathroom had been nicely remodeled -- but then, the fancy shower door leaked badly. At least the TV and wireless internet worked.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
8 Thank GPnorthwest

Travellers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

Rio Linda, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

I called friday night and booked a room for saturday night. That seemed ok. When we got there saturday to get our room, they couldn't find our reservations. They were so disorganized I should of canceled then, but he gave us a room. When we got to the room I wished that I would of went somewhere else. The carpet was dirty, shower was disgusting and there was no air condition. Then the worst part was we had some drunks next to us that kept us up all night. They kept beating on the walls and yelling. Also there is no phones in the room to call the manager. The picture they show on the website is not what the rooms look like. One last comment. When we got home I had a message from the manager calling me to see when we were going to arrive. We were already there. I sure hope they don't charge us twice. What a nightmare!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank djmomof3
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

1) Management -
Useless people. Were drunk at 3 pm in the afternoon. Not in their senses while talking. Worst part that they could not give us the room we had paid for.

2) Room - Extremely unclean. Smelly carpets. Pathetic rooms!

Advise - postpone your trip if this is the las hotel available in Tahoe.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Advisor7118
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

The ONLY thing this place has going for it it's location. It's right across the street from the Heavenly Gondola and very close to restaruants and shops. But so are a lot of other places more worthy of your money. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It's dirty and creepy and the staff is useless.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
6 Thank HoneymoonlnParis
San Leandro, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

The first thing we noticed was how dirty the room was. The shower floor was black with built up grime. The seal around the mini refrigerator had old food and mold sticking to it. The bedding was dark and dingy. The room smelled real bad. I asked the manager if he could give me some cleaning supplies. He did send someone over to clean the room, she did wipe the counters down with something but that was it. We booked 3 days in the room but only stayed 2 hours. We were given back $40.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank tzeeie
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2009

I found this property online, however I booked with them by calling them, and not booking through the property's website. The person who answered the phone (a certain Mr.Anil) assured me I had two double rooms confirmed after I gave him my credit card details etc. However he called me back 3 days later to say their rates had changed and were higher now!!! And worse he could no longer give me the rooms I booked! He did however offer to give me the number of another motel where I may find a room. After our experience with him, we didn't want to have anything to do with him let alone his contacts.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family