“Best place to stay in Tahoe”

Stateline Economy Inn & Suites
Ranked #62 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Texas City, Texas
“Best place to stay in Tahoe”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Very cheap . Walking distance to the gondola, casino, beach and much more. The breakfast we had cereal and milk. Orange juice also donuts. It's looks the way the pictures are on the orbitz.
Pool is to repair condition. But we were in Tahoe to enjoy our two day Labor Day weekend.
The manager at the office is very help. He also give us the free beach pass to lakeside beach.
In my room I had fridge and microwave. Rooms are clean they clean our room and had fresh towel. Shower had good water pressure. I want say more good thing about this motel very basic.
Clean and comfortable. I will let my so many friends and family highly I recommend .

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are more good.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ushuaia2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was a terrible facility! Don't Trust Hotwire!!!
Dirty and Disgusting! Broken things in the room!
This "motel" was terrible. I took pictures. The fire alarm detector was missing on the ceiling, there was no A/C, the bathroom door wasn't on hinges, the shower head piece that attached to the wall would spray straight out at you for a few seconds before coming out of the shower head itself. The bottom of the shower floor had tons of dirt or dirt stains on it. The bed was broken, stains on the floor, very dirty and disgusting. The fridge had something that looked like mold in the edge of the inside of the door area. The pool was empty, dirty looking, and very much dry like it had been empty for a long while. The "breakfast" offered started at 8AM and was two different kinds of cereals with a milk jug next to them in the main office. There was coffee next to the cereal also. In the room was a little coffee pot, with no coffee to make or coffee cups. Not even close to being worth what we paid for one night in this "motel." The paint was chipped off some parts of the walls as well. The towels that were in the bathroom looked very dingy and yellowish and were mismatched on the colors. They looked old and one was white the others dingy yellow. Only good about it was that it was very near where we needed to go, which was the Harvey's within walking distance. Was in a great location. Was very disappointed with this facility.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Suzann S

Travellers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

San Luis Obispo, California, USA
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Horrible service, dirty rooms, no water in the swimming pool......they should disclose this as we specifically wanted a hotel with a pool for our family vacation. Everything is in poor condition, they did not let us store our luggage until check in. Worst hotel ever...I would give it a negative star rating if I could. Definitely not a remodeled hotel. I have never written a review before but I was compelled to do so.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Rodessa N
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Checked in Last Weekend New Owners had just taken Over!
My Room Looked And Smelled like it was just re-modeled.
And the new Owners are very friendly. Great Location With Walking distance to Casinos And Restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms On First Floor Are Newly re-modeled.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alex s
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 December 2010

We booked two nights for skiing the week before Christmas. First AND second rooms they gave us, the heat didn't work. Third room, it did, but took awhile to warm up. We had reserved here for the location (1 block from Heavenly gondola, that's excellent) and the hot tub (it was not working). There were never more than 2 other cars in the lot, we actually might have been the only occupants. Despite this emptiness, they did NOT give us maid service the day between our 2 nights (their standard?). Shower was lukewarm, although sink faucet was quite hot. Management did nothing when we reported this. No hangers in closet, and when I asked at the desk for 8, he gave me 4,, then gave me the 4 more when I asked. Old room and furniture, although bathroom had been nicely remodeled -- but then, the fancy shower door leaked badly. At least the TV and wireless internet worked.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
8 Thank GPnorthwest
Rio Linda, California
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I called friday night and booked a room for saturday night. That seemed ok. When we got there saturday to get our room, they couldn't find our reservations. They were so disorganized I should of canceled then, but he gave us a room. When we got to the room I wished that I would of went somewhere else. The carpet was dirty, shower was disgusting and there was no air condition. Then the worst part was we had some drunks next to us that kept us up all night. They kept beating on the walls and yelling. Also there is no phones in the room to call the manager. The picture they show on the website is not what the rooms look like. One last comment. When we got home I had a message from the manager calling me to see when we were going to arrive. We were already there. I sure hope they don't charge us twice. What a nightmare!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank djmomof3
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2010

1) Management -
Useless people. Were drunk at 3 pm in the afternoon. Not in their senses while talking. Worst part that they could not give us the room we had paid for.

2) Room - Extremely unclean. Smelly carpets. Pathetic rooms!

Advise - postpone your trip if this is the las hotel available in Tahoe.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Advisor7118
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
Best Choice Inn South Lake Tahoe
Best Choice Inn South Lake Tahoe
#46 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#70 of 119 in Lake Tahoe (California)
Bluelake Inn at Tahoe
#41 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Ambassador Motor Lodge
Ambassador Motor Lodge
#57 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Stateline Economy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!