Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Terrific Stay”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed at The Grand Residence 4/12 to 4/18/2014. We reserved a one bedroom, two bath suite. My Wife and I brought our 13 year old daughter and 4 year old son on a spring break ski trip. Both kids slept comfortably on the day beds and having their own bathroom was really a plus keeping everything easy and organized. Kitchen and bathrooms were both very clean and housekeeping was on point as was the rest of the staff. Kudos to Kym at the front desk who was exceptional.

Pro's - Very clean property, tremendous staff, location is second to none if you are skiing. The kids ski school is outstanding and on the first floor of the building in front of the gondola. The property provides valet ski service as a mandatory courtesy. The location in Heavenly Village is ideal if you appreciate a vibrant atmosphere of live music, good food and entertainment options. The grocery store is phenomenal and right across the street. Casinos are a 100 yard walk. The hotel provides up to date movie rentals in the lobby in addition to an onsite cinema. We did not participate, but there was a steady schedule of activities provided by the hotel in conjunction with the Timberland Lodge. The Valet parking is $26 a day so we parked behind Harrahs casino at no charge. Great shops and eateries within walking distance.

Cons - Literally none. The only wish would be a washer/dryer in unit, but the complimentary laundry on each floor was almost as convenient the one time we needed it.

I am not one to buy a timeshare (or fractional ownership) but this could have changed that if we lived closer. Flew into Sacramento from Charlotte. Easy car rental and beautiful drive in on route 50. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in South Lake Tahoe, except maybe Timberland Lodge if the price was better as it seemed like an identical property in the same location. Upon arrival, request a specific view that you prefer (Mountain, Gondola, Street).

If you want to get it "booking right", this is the place to be for skiing Heavenly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Joe B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here last weekend and thought this hotel was OK and nothing special. We requested a quiet room and was given a room on the second floor that faced the village so it was really loud at times. Also, we asked the front desk for a late check-out (to check-out one hour later) and was told to call in the morning after 7:30 am. We thought that was inconvenient and annoying (who wants to have to call in the morning?). Finally, when we called in the morning to ask for a late check-out, we were told no even though the hotel seemed very quiet all weekend. The location is good but the rooms are OK (I really disliked that the bathroom doors would not stay open). Also, it would have been nice if they had a lobby bar.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Central Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed in late March which was nearing the end of the ski season and after reading reviews and booking the hotel we obviously new the cost and valet parking charges (Notes: seems to be substantial difference for booking Sunday - Thursday vs Friday-Saturday if that helps). Got a one bedroom suite which means the adults got a separate room and bathroom.

The resort is very nice. You can not get a better and more convenient location. Before I go on I must say that if money is not that much or an issue or if you like to splurge then this is a great place to stay. I also found most of the staff to be very attentative and nice other then the fact that you might have to call and ask to have your room cleaned. Now that is either an issue or not depending on your style. I would say that for $ 300-400 per night that should be a given AND if someone is not a Marriott time share member you would think they would do this simply to increase the odds that people have a greater experience and may want to inquire about becoming a member.

We had a second floor with a balcony. The quality of the construction of this hotel is very nice and we could not hear neighbors above or on the sides. An issue we had is our room faced the front of the property which means right below us was highway 50 which is/was the main thoroughfare and was very noisy. The weather was perfect this time of year (highs in the 50s) and it would of been nice to keep the windows slightly open at night but the traffic noise, car honking, 18 wheel trucks going by was not going to allow that to happen.....heck we could barely do this during the afternoon when we came back from the days activities. BUT Marriott can not be blamed for this. The location is perfect because it is located right there = you property is a part of and therefore right next to the gondola, the restaurants, two starbucks, ice skating rink, movie theater, etc.

You can use their gym and it was more then adequate.....I caught the ladies at the spa using their smartphones on both occasions......one time was funny because this lady would sit on the ground and hide behind the counter so she could text or Facebook or whatever to her friends. Did not bother me and since I own a company I realize how hard it is to keep people off their smart phones these days......oh heck I can barely keep my kids off those darn things.

The property gets LOTS of use and I did notice a few things that could of been repainted or cleaned but overall they keep this place in really good shape.

Our family prefers the bigger rooms whenever we can get, whenever we travel and will splurge on the rooms while looking to save money elsewhere. This meant we purchased groceries next door and had breakfast and snacks and even dinner once at the room. We also decided to ski at Sierra at Tahoe vs Heavenly (I know I said earlier this place is right next to the Heavenly gondola). We saved hundreds per day and got lucky because Sierra at Tahoe's base is higher up then Heavenly so they had more snow left whereas a lot of Heavenly's ski runs were closed. Also the people up at Sierra are so warm and friendly and the entire atmosphere is more family like.

So I would say that if you know what you are getting into (price wise including the valet) and can get them to clean up the rooms everyday this is a really nice place, with lots of room to stretch out. You feel like you are in a lodge and unlike what some other people have commented on the staff seem to be very friendly. The location can not be beat and their is a lot to be said to being able to walk outside the place and within steps be at the various activities that surround it.

Room Tip: Try to book a balcony room away from highway 50 if possible.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank G8RED
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had 2 days to go snowboarding and already knew South Lake Tahoe but had never been to the Grand Residence Club. The hotel was excellent. The suite we stayed in was large and totally well appointed and very quiet! That was good because I have to work with Europe in the early morning hours and I could do it without disturbing my friend. Of course, one cannot beat the location in the middle of South lake Tahoe which means you do not need to use your car. All in all, a wonderful stay at a very reasonable price for such a resort hotel. We highly recommend it and will come back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have stayed here about 3 times and just love it. The rooms are great, location is great and you can walk to gondola, ice rink, many of restaurants, casinos ++
The rooms are great for a family with kitchens and living rooms, full dining table, ect. Feel as though you are at home with plenty to do right outside your door.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mark4027
San Ramon, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My wife and I and our four children (8, 8, 6, 2) went to the snow for the weekend. Stayed in a one bedroom residence, expecting the kids to sleep on the benches (pictured on website) next to the fireplace. No benches in the room we got, but there was a pull out couch bed. The baby slept in her pack and play we brought with us, and other kids slept on the floor. Fine, no problem, apparently all rooms don't have the benches. There were two adjoining rooms with a door in between, great for the family. Kids on one room, parents in the other. Two bathrooms, one in each room. Very nice, large, with full kitchen and kitchen tools. Outside patio with a view of gondola, spent good time out there. My only complaint was that my trip was too short. Room and surrounding restaurants were expensive, but that was expected. Service from all parts of the hotel was great, and I paid for it. Would absolutely recommend it, but bring your wallet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Alex R
Marble Falls, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Traveling with 6 people. Had penthouse at our disposal. Had glitch at check in and was given discount as well as good voucher. Ck in staff were pleasant & helpful as well as concierge and pools. Hot tub access to ski rental. Gondola. Grocery store massage shops as well as restaurants couldn't be improved upon. Definitely the place you want to be !!! Great experience and views are spectacular

• Stayed March 2014
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
#7 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.

Property: Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Address: 1001 Heavenly Village Way, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150-7068 (Formerly Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe)
Region: United States > California > Lake Tahoe (California) > South Lake Tahoe
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Spa Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#4 Business Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#5 Family Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#8 Romantic Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:4 star — Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Marriott, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe