“best gluten free crust I've had”

Base Camp Pizza Co.
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Established in 2012, this is the third restaurant for the Tahoe Restaurant Group. The two established restaurants are Fireside Pizza at Squaw Valley ski resort and Rubicon Pizza at Northstar ski resort. Headed by Ted Kennedy and Marc Vaccaro, the company is commited to a relaxed, family atmosphere with great food. All locations have games for the kids to play while they are waiting for their food.Base Camp Pizza Co. is the brainchild of long time friends Ray Villaman and Ted Kennedy. Ray is a 20 year restaurant veteran including - California Pizza Kitchen, Boston Market, the California Restaurant Association and even a short time as President of Blimpies.Come by and try some of our signature dishes: Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Smokey BBQ Chicken Pizza, Thai Chicken Curry Pizza, Italian Herb Shrimp Penne, and our signature Spaghetti Bolognese with Meatballs
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Gluten free crusts are becoming more commonly available at pizza places, but this is the best one I've tasted. I also don't eat cow cheese, but I was able to have them put goat cheese on my pizza. Every night of the week they have a different specialty cocktail deal. There is indoor and outdoor seating (which is not on the busy street) and a bar. Our waitress was fantastic. We were able to sit and have a drink before ordering. Did not feel rushed. It's noisy like most pizza places but has more of a restaurant atmosphere than many.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,144)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was good, but the vibes the place gave off were totally Tahoe. Boarder/surfer laid back vibe. We got take out to bring back to the hotel and it was pretty quick (15 min). The town center it is located in was very hip and fun. We recommend the fire roasted veggie pizza—fresh ingredients and thin crust. Only hesitation is its the only pizza we tried in South Tahoe and there’s plenty to choose from — the others were so busy this was our 3rd choice and the only one without an hour-long wait. Do the locals know something we don’t?

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went to eat there on a Sunday afternoon. First of all, parking is practically non-existent so I used Lyft.
The place was packed and the hostess was able to find me a table outside that wasn't very scenic, but very functional without a wait.
The food was very tasty and the price was very reasonable. I had the Penne with Shrimp. The serving was pretty generous and I wasn't able to finish it all. The service was very attentive.
I would highly recommend this place as long as you don't have to have parking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place was recommend to us. The wait was 45 min but we got a table within 25 min. Well worth the wait. Calamari app is legit! Crispy and full calamari...legs and all. Nice dipping red sauce as well. Ordered the Base Camp pizza. Meat and veggies. Sooooo good! This is a great place to set up lunch or dinner camp!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Even the GF crust was delicious but if you don't need to eat GF get their special base camp pizza - absolutely the best