“"Steak at the Lake"”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice steakhouse located within walking distance of the Heavenly area. The restaurant is attached to the Best Western hotel. The interior has a hansom alpine charm. The meal started with complimentary cheese fondue served with a toasted bread roll, and it was excellent. Dinner was served with a salad, choice of potato, and vegetable. All were prepared exceptionally well. The steak was good. I had the 12 oz Ribeye. The steak was prepared medium. They prepare their steak with a visible charred mark. This style of preparation creates a powerful charcoal taste. I used some L&P Worcestershire sauce and it created a nice flavor more suitable to my preference. Overall I was very satisfied and would definitely recommend dining here. Enjoy..

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I ate here three times. Everything was great. The grilled Ribeye, Chicken Cordon Bleu and the grilled Halibut. Wonderful Martini's!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our dinner did not start off well with the waiter spilling hot soup on my sweater without even an apology. Our meals were tasty. My husband had the ribeye special and I had the garlic shrimp. Both meals came with a small cheese fondue, soup or salad, rice or potato and vegetables which was good value. The waitor brought me a complimentary raspberry cheesecake to make up for spilling the soup. The restaurant was not busy and the service was very good. This restaurant is a little known find in the Best Western Hotel within walking distance from busy Stateline. We will be back, but I may order the salad instead of the soup next time.

1  Thank 2butterfly
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We dined here on our first night plus had complimentary breakfasts as part of our stay and can genuinely say we loved it ! We also got a 10% discount on the Dinner which was a pleasant surprise. The Fondue was a treat and Schnitzels grand. The price & service were very good and my notes say "Reasonable Price, Good Food". The breakfast was a highlight as well. We had James attend us both mornings with speed & wit. The service, food & atmosphere were all first class and I couldn't fault a thing. Top Result !!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Tasty food, with a menu that included delicious cheese fondue and salad as extras. Good service and good value in the end. It's a bit off the beaten track but worth finding.