Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$115
Expedia.comUS$115
PricelineUS$115
TravelocityUS$115
CheapTicketsUS$115
Orbitz.comUS$115
All reviews ski run little extras location is great few blocks heavenly ski resort motel tahoe lake skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2019

Alder Inn is an idyllic boutique inn nested in South Lake Tahoe, close to many shops and restaurants that is walking distance. My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights, perfect for a few days skiing with friends. The room was very cosy, clean and well stocked with amenities - felt like home. Highly recommend staying here!

Room tip: Comfortable beds, try booking for the end rooms.
Date of stay: March 2019
thealderinn, Owner at Alder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2019

Thank you for sharing about your visit -- we loved having you here and are happy the room felt so homey! Anytime you're planning another trip out to Lake Tahoe, just give us a call. -The Alder Inn Family

Reviewed 2 March 2019 via mobile

Love the location!! Stay here every time I come to Tahoe, we walk to dinner. Beds are super comfy and the rooms are decorated cute. Added bonus that the rooms have a microwave, small fridge, and kureg

Trip type: Travelled with family
thealderinn, Owner at Alder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2019

Thank you for your continued stay with us and we are excited to see you again soon! -The Alder Inn Family

Reviewed 25 February 2019 via mobile

After an AirBNB cancelled my reservation a few days before heading to Tahoe, I needed to scramble for a location during ski week. Alder Inn had a reasonable rate, good reviews and availability. Made reservations for Friday night and Saturday night. A day later it turned out I could also get there Thursday night so I made an online reservation, and somehow I screwed it up and scheduled it for Wednesday evening. The staff recognized that I probably wanted to add Thursday instead, they contacted me to be certain and then fixed the reservation. And I was grateful.

I asked about the Heavenly shuttle and they offered to call the shuttle to check the schedule, and then did and got back to me. It wasn’t running, but I appreciated them checking for me. So that’s the staff. Our room was tidy, and cleaned well each day. Even though the place was full, we had no noise issues even though we were on a bottom floor. Rooms seemed to be well insulated, for both heat and sound.

Microwave and Kuerig in the room. Just a well run clean place with a location 6 minutes (without traffic) from Heavenly parking. Hot tub was great after a day on the slopes. We drove to dinner, though there are places within walking distance. No breakfast served, so that’s usually something I’m looking for when traveling with the family.

So clean, quiet, with helpful and attentive staff, great location and reasonable prices.

Trip type: Travelled with family
thealderinn, Front Desk at Alder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2019

We truly appreciate this detailed and excellent review. We are so grateful to have you stay with us and please give us a call when you want to come back to Tahoe. Stay with us again! -The Alder Inn Family <3

Reviewed 20 February 2019

We were booked to stay 2 nights (Friday & Saturday) but ended up having to stay an extra night because we got snowed in ... which was no problem for us. Laura and Michael are incredible hosts. Beginning with a phone call on Friday afternoon to tell us that our room was ready through to Saturday when Laura gave our friends and us a ride up to California Lodge rather than have us wait for the shuttle, we were already impressed. On Sunday, after tremendous snowfall, we woke up to see Michael clearing the parking lot of snow (and there was a lot of it), with a smile on his face! You can see that these guys work really hard to make sure their guests are happy. We'll definitely be back!

thealderinn, Owner at Alder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2019

We are really happy you stayed with us and are excited to see you again. Thank you for your appreciation, it all pays off when we have happy guests! -The Alder Inn Family

Reviewed 15 February 2019

We had planned a stay at a different location for twice the price. Our arrival to our original location required us to find a new place to stay ASAP. We're so glad we had to switch! Alder Inn was great.

It is immediately apparent that the proprietors care about the stay of their guests. When seeing them in the parking lot/around the property the owners always checked in to make sure we were comfortable. The rooms are clean, each beautifully & uniquely decorated with care, and everything you need for a stay. They gave us local tips on food, hiking, and dog beaches.

Alder Inn is an easy walk to yummy restaurants and a quick drive to Heavenly. This place is dog friendly.

We will stay here again and would recommend it to our friends and family.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review Katie! We will be happy to host you again in the near future! -The Alder Inn Family