“Most Relaxing Vacation in forever”

The Landing Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Mammoth Lakes, California
“Most Relaxing Vacation in forever”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We had never been to South Lake Tahoe before and when we booked The Landing Resort & Spa from a recommendation everything was so easy. Before we even arrived they let us know about everything we could expect, but we were not prepared for the wonderful things they had. The lobby is beautifully decorated, and every staff member was ready to greet us and help us with any needs. Thank you to Steve for taking the time to great us and the Valet/Bell Guy who took us up to our room and on the way pointed everything out. My husband and I had never been to a 5 star resort but this felt way more then that.

The fitness room was amazing and had everything we needed. The spa was so welcoming and looks like someone took the time to put the effort in to this.

You have to eat at Jimmy's as the food was out of this world. The service was far better then any I have been to before, and the food was the perfect meal for a couple. The bar is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. Our server Steve was so friendly and was great at explaining the menu as some items I had never seen before. He really knew his stuff.

I have to say the best part of our stay there was the view we had and not just in the room. Walk outside and right there is the water. I can't wait to book our next trip up for this summer. You can't go wrong with this place, its new and worth the try.

Room Tip: No matter what view you pick you can still always walk out on the patio for a view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KittenKat517

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Beautiful hotel by the lake. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The rooms are clean and very comfortable, so cozy that is hard to leave the room when you can just stay in by the fire place watching the sun setting on the lake. Good location, walking distance to Heavenly village, major casinos and just across the street from the lake. They have also a shuttle available on the call.
It's close to popular places but at the same time private and intimate if you just want to relax.

Room Tip: Lake view definitely worth it. Choose a room with a tub at least in the winter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luna0912
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

The bedrooms are awesome, kind of "Abercrombie" and the treat from the people there is excellent! I loved staying there! The view is wonderful because is really near the lake. Is near the gondola so you can use the shuttle to get there easy. Thank you! Great experience

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Montse11i
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Everything about our experience at the landing was wonderful. From the glass of bubbly at check in to the minute we left, the friendly and professional staff greeted us by name. The restaurant is beautiful and delicious, and the wine list extensive. There was an evening wine tasting each night- complimentary. We had a view of the lake and our own patio with chaise lounges and dining table. The amenities in the room and bathroom made me want to call a contractor at home. Heated tile floors and steam shower- yes, please! I can't imagine staying any where else after this experience. We were too busy to check out the spa, but that sounds like a good excuse to go back to me!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie W
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My recent stay at The Landing renewed by hope for the entire South Lake area. I can honestly say that this is the quality of property that has the capability to push all other properties to raise their level or get out of the way. I can say this, as I have stayed at 5 star properites, and this is a 5 star. From the bell staff, to the front desk, to the rooms and the resturant. When I checked in, I was greated by 2 bell man who opened my door and removed all my luggage without me lifting a figure. First off, this entire property is brand new from the ground up. As far as I could tell almost all rooms have a great view of the lake and a deck. The king suite I was in was as close to perfect as I have ever stayed in. I believe it had a 60in flat screen that gave you the feeling you were in a theatre while in your bed. Awesome. Jimmy's resturant was incredible for both breakfast and dinner. The fitness center has an amazing view of the lake and the beach is a one minute walk to the enterance gate. This is a must stay for anyone visiting South Lake!

Room Tip: Make sure to have at least one meal at Jimmy's and don't miss the free wine tasting every ni...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BrianSavino
Shelbina, Missouri
Reviewed 21 January 2014

SEARCH NO MORE!!!! When our group of 6 decided on Lake Tahoe as a winter vacation, the search began for lodging accommodations. I stumbled upon the brand new, not even opened yet, Landing Resort and Spa that was offering a "Stay 4 nights, get the 4th night free" special. I booked at once. Traveling as a group of 3 couples, we were graciously welcomed into the lobby with a glass of champagne at check-in. And It only got better from there! Rooms were amazing with heart warming decor, personal fireplace and a bathroom that you will never want to leave! (The heated toilet seat was still the topic of our discussions after returning home!)The staff was most accommodating in assisting us with ski/lessons/tickets, dining options, etc. They made us feel as if we were the only guests by paying us so much attention. The location, being right on the lake, is prime. The shuttle service was above and beyond our expectations! We were not able to experience the spa or restaurant but I'm sure both are as equally outstanding as the rest of the resort. If we ever have the pleasure of visiting South Lake Tahoe again, we will definitely stay at The Landing Resort and Spa. Because once you have stayed at the best, there is reason to "Search No More"!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tiffany S
Concord, California
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was welcomed as I drove into the parking lot! Entering the lobby it felt more like visiting someone's home. When walking down the hall to the elevator is when I noticed how they used products to lessen ambient sound! I was assisted to my room and was shown the various amenities which awaited me and anyone staying at The Landing Resort and Spa. The room was spacious and well appointed. Again, sound control floors in the room area. In the bathroom the floor has radiant heat! That, plus a wonderful walk in shower, jetted tub (with louvers your can open to see the television or fireplace!). Did I forget to mention the heated "seat" with a light under the rim!? I was then shown my private balcony and view to Lake Tahoe which is just across a small street. Within the property is Jimmy's Restaurant and Bar. I enjoyed some amazing appetizers and a wonderful glass of wine. Everyone around me was smiling, enjoying the atmosphere, beverages and food. While I did not use their spa facilities I did take a look at what they offer . . . impressive! No need to take your skis and boots to your room while staying at The Landing Resort and Spa as they have a ski storage room complete with boot heaters! Let me share a little about the King Size Bed . . . z z z z z z!!! Who's giving this place "two thumbs up" . . . I am!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dennis H
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
#7 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to The Landing Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!