“Top notch resort!”

Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Top notch resort!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We just returned from a four night stay at The Landing Resort and Spa and enjoyed our stay immensely. The staff was polite, available, and knowledgeable about activities and restaurants in the area. The amenities in the room were just remarkable (heated marble bathroom floors? Yes, please). The shuttle service was prompt and made our day to day activities much more convenient and, thus, more enjoyable. We toured the entire lake and must say that the view from the balcony of our suite was among the most beautiful we experienced. Hope to return to the resort soon!

3 Thank Mia R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
West Malling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely stunning !
We had booked a lake front room & this was totally justified. Superb all the way from checking in, through the room which had everything including possibly the most comfortable bed we have slept in, the view, and up to check out - 2 days was not enough. The staff were excellent, the location second to none.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave U
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited South Lake Tahoe for the first time this year. We loved the hotel, great location right on the lake. It was very quiet, staff were very friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was good, with an extensive wine list. Our room was a suite which was large, specious, modern and very comfortable. My only criticism would be, the hotel had large plasma TV screens everywhere! There were at least three in the restaurant/bar which is off putting when you want to have a conversation with either other guests or your husband.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Victoria B
Walton on thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a lovely stay here, the room was excellent with more mod cons than you could wish for (including a heated toilet seat!). The location was beautiful - right by the lake.

The only frustration was breakfast service was incredibly slow for just toast and eggs - we had to chase it and when it arrived it was warm rather than hot, and we chose not to eat in the restaurant as it was pricey with a 'Greek/Californian/contemporary' theme which didn't really appeal to us.

There was only valet parking - which when you are on a road trip is limiting not to have access to your keys and car when you need them. But apart from that it was all good.

2 Thank sara b
oregon
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is an upscale motel with over the top features in the bathroom in particular. But my room was small and tight, to put it mildly, without even a chair to sit in other than the office type chair at a small desk. The furniture was way oversized for the room and awkwardly placed. I had no view except of a residential neighborhood. THis was overpriced considering the amenities the room offered.

While I feel grouchy even to mention this, the requirement to use a valet was not appreciated given that there was a parking space directly outside my room.. Find the side driveway to avert this. I found the hotel personnel were obsequious, fawning and a little pushy at times, just not my style. I do not need or want someone to carry a very small bag to my room at check in. Nor do I need a hotel person to drive me to a grocery store when i am standing in front of my car with my keys in my hand. THe restaurant was quite good at least for breakfast.

Would I stay there again? maybe......not sure. I can see why some people rave, but just not my style for the price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank ceemo
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was our first time staying in the Lake Tahoe area and we chose correctly! The rooms are lovely, nicely done and the bathrooms are the best I've ever seen. The bed was super comfy and they had emailed us before arrival to ask if we needed any extras like pillows or blankets etc. Beautiful location right across from a sandy beach and close enough to walk to town, although you can catch their free shuttle service too. Lots of restaurants, shops and galleries in town-try the Gunbarrel restaurant, it's very good and moderately priced.

Room Tip: Higher is better because of the lake view. Ground floor rooms have a street in front of them- but it...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Glittergirl123
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I read every review and am SO happy with my decision to stay here! The Landing was so luxurious and friendly. Staff offered the welcome Champagne at check-in, what a nice touch!
I decided not to book the lake front room, went with garden view and was delighted with the view and ambiance. The furnishings are deluxe and all of the little details have been well thought out.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor, garden view but I had view of lake as well from patio.
3 Thank Happycamper1920
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
#7 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to The Landing Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!