All reviews the location is perfect the main drag definitely stay here again mei gondola office skiing microwave heater shore
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

The host is always very nice. We love the rooms with "two beds" because the second bed is in a private room giving our family more privacy. We love the location. We walk to the gondola so we can leave our car in the hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Very convenient location. Our room had a separate room with a bed giving us nice privacy. The host was very nice. The kitchen in the morning was very nice with waffles, eggs and cereal. Very pleasant overall.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here when going to a concert in town. Clean. No cups or glasses for water. No coffee in room. No instructions for the TV. The switch on the wall had to be on for the TV to work. Bed had 3 inch memory foam pad on top of sagging mattress.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larie T
Thurman34, Manager at Paradice Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Guest, In fact, the business of Motels is that more cheaper and get more complaining. thank you.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

1. The room/facility is old, and not in a cute way, but in a disappointing way.
2. There were NO closets to put your clothing or luggage in. - EVERYTHING had to be placed on the floor. (There was a wood rack with hangers, but it was awkward, unsightly and not too functional for most items you want to unpack.)
3. There was no chest of drawers to put your thing in or on.
4. There were no counters, none in the bedroom and none in the bathroom, to put your luggage on, or even our toiletries on. ALL our items had to be placed on the floor. The bathroom had the old fashion free-standing sink, so there was no counter to place your stuff on. We lived with bags and luggage on the floor.
5. When I say no counters there, the small frig was just set on the carpeted floor. The microwave was balanced on the frig with no shelf or counter. To use it, I had to get on my hands and knees. Not good.
6. I did not like that the manager used multiple extension cords, to illegally plug-in appliances. The small frig, the microwave, the TV, etc., were all on either an extension cord or those multiple outlet plug-in devices.
7. We had no hot water at night when we arrived since (I guess) because no one was using it at that time to get the pips hot. We let it run for 5 minutes and found barely warm water. No hot enough to shower in. The manager feels I did not adjust it correctly, so I won’t make a big deal about this point.
7. I am disabled (sometimes in a wheelchair). And this unit was marked as suitable for a disabled person. But it is not. We had to live off the floor; all out toiletries were in shopping bags on the floor. There was one luggage stand in the bathroom, but we had 3 suitcases. So alm9steverhting was on the floor.
8. We rented the room for 2 nights. When I first saw this room, I saw that it was not suitable and asked for a refund. She said there was a cancellation fee. Ok, I understand that. So we stayed there one night to see if we could make it work. After that first night, when it was so clear that this is not a suitable room, she agreed to give us a portion of the fee back for the second night. I thought that was unfair. In this case, where it was so difficult for a disabled person (and I think any person) to live, she should have made an exception and been given a full refund for the second night. I filed a complaint with Hotels/com and left it like that.
It was an awful experience.

Room Tip: You really don't want to be there.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jc8581
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We ended up at the Paradice Motel in Lake Tahoe during a weekend visit in late August. Seeing many glowing reviews online (including here), never expected to enter an outdated, dusty, and poorly maintained dump of a "motel". We began with a cramped bathroom that made a 737 lavatory seem spacious. That was followed by non-working A/C that the manager refused to repair or relocate us to another room as "we had already checked in" as she stated (even though we had only moved our suitcases in). Honestly we should have left at that moment, both of us had allergy attacks from the dust throughout the room and emitted by a fan we regrettably tried using. The bed was also quite worn down, with a concave-shaped mattress. Photos will follow momentarily. Highly suggest booking elsewhere. Sleeping in a car would be an improvement.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brett Y
Thurman34, Owner at Paradice Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

People all over the world stayed here and most of the guests enjoyed they stay ,we try our best, but it's impossible to make 100 percent of guest happy, just like you both,
all the beds have been fitted with 2016 new memory mattress and A/C bought with 2017,