All reviewswaffle barhonor barwine and cheesebike pathfire pitthought of everythingother guestshappy hourself serve breakfastgames roomdvd libraryboard gamesmountain retreatdog friendly placecomplimentary bikesroasting marshmallowspac man
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My Husband and I stayed here when we were doing a road trip What a fun place to stay! Dave couldn't do enough for us making us very welcome . Everything is so well thought out the facilities are superb , free bikes to use ,sauna, honesty bar, wine '& cheese & much more . Also when it starts to get dark Dave light the fire pit to toast s'mores !
Breakfast was brilliant ,I'm gluten free and they were the only B&B on our trip that provided pancakes & bread. Even though we had emailed the others ahead of our trip! Would defiantly stay here again

Room Tip: We stayed in the John Wayne room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn V
Reviewed 31 July 2013

First off, my wife and I travel a lot, so we've had our share of bed and breakfast experiences (good and bad). But this place blew us away. For starters, I called ahead to make anniversary plans (i.e. get flowers, champagne, etc. in the room for our arrival), and offhandedly mentioned that I enjoyed fishing. When we arrived, the owner (who was working the desk - the place is owned by a couple and they're always around) asked me if I'd like to borrow his rod and tackle, and gave me several locations I might want to try. How great is that?

The room itself was SPOTLESS (and I'm OCD about these things, so that's saying something) and was maintained immaculately for our stay. The breakfast was excellent; waffles, hard-boiled eggs, absolutely delightful raisin cinnamon bread, etc. We even got to take breakfast "on the go" to accomodate an early morning trip down to Yosemite. Also, we had access to free bikes and kayaks for the duration of our stay. While we didn't get to kayak, we borrowed the bikes several times to head down to the beach and explore the surrounding area. Throw in s'mores every night, a family dog that visits your room and loves to be petted, and great conversations with the owners and other guests, and it was just about perfect. Stay here - you'll be glad you did.

2  Thank Ken P
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband found the Fireside online looking for a dog friendly place. We decided to go for my birthday in late July. As a very nice surprise they had a small cake waiting in our room with a note and a candle. We enjoyed our stay very much and plan to return, hopefully for a family reunion. We took advantage of the bikes and kayaks, game room and ping pong table. The lodge was a little pricy but the use of all the amenities quickly makes up for that. As a family of four it would easily cost much more to rent those items, so it was completely worth it. Being close to the bike trial by camp Richardson was great. The wine and s'mores by the fire was relaxing, especially with the kids. Dave and Christine were so nice and had everything you could need. The property is beautiful and rooms are very clean. We stayed in the Moose room and all fit comfortably. We are a bit of antique junkies ourselves so talking with Dave about his treasures was fun. It may not be a typical B&B which is fine with us. It a truly a special place. Our dog Penny was in heaven with her new friend Kona. I think we found our new "go to" place at Lake Tahoe!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at Fireside Lodge over the Fourth of July Holiday (4 days). This was our first time staying here and first time to Tahoe. I would first like to start with the phone call I made to talk about the bed and breakfast months prior to our visit. I spoke with Dave (owner) on the phone, and he was extremely professional, informational, and helpful without pushing his lodge on an inquiring caller. This made the decision a lot easier! My career allows me to stay in hotels often, so I thought a B&B would be something a little different and a little more initmate.

On the 4th, Dave and Christine had a BBQ cookout, which was great! They gave us bicycles and showed us how to get to the fireworks on the lake. We were able to keep our bicycles by our room door the whole stay because we had a bike seat for our puppy, which we really appreciated the convenience. We also used their kayaks, which was fun and a beautiful experience on the lake!

The rooms are very nice, and perfect for myself, my husband, and our puppy! The dining area, which offers a wide assortment of food (including a waffle bar) was a perfect way to start our day. They had snacks located int he dining area all day too if we needed something to hold us over!

Lastly, I think we loved the family-like atmosphere Dave and Christine provided. They genuinely want to get to know their guests. We even spent the last evening around the campfire looking at the owner's pictures from Europe!

They truly provided a unique and welcoming experience that we will never forget. The owners told us about all their fun offerings in the winter, and we are already planning a trip back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 5, and we had plenty of room for myself, husband and puppy. Even though we were between two rooms, we were never bothered by noise or those around us!
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We just got back from staying at the Fireside Lodge in Lake Tahoe. It was wonderful, to say the least! Dave and Christine and Manager Dave made us feel like family. Our dog, Ruby, was made to feel very welcome. The accommodations were outstanding! I can't say enough good things about the Fireside Lodge and can't wait to go back! Their dog, Kona was a great ambassador!

Room Tip: Each room has a theme and vary with size of beds and count.
1  Thank outandabout317