“Cozy basics done very well”

Fireside Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Fireside Lodge was the perfect choice for my Tahoe visit. I found it had everything I needed for a relaxing getaway. The rooms and common areas are all cozy and inviting. David and Christine, the owners, are helpful and knowledgeable about all aspects of the area. The common area is nice for chatting with fellow travelers over breakfast or wine/cheese in the evening. The firepit and outdoor area also make for lovely relaxing or socializing. Rooms have kitchenettes, but the lodge full kitchen is available for use, too. I did not travel with my pet, but still got my "fur fix" from Kona and Sandy, the lodge dogs--they make it even homier. (Note--they are pet friendly, not just dog friendly. Just communicate with them about your pet when booking). If you are not a pet person, don't worry...you would never know (i.e. from smells, wear/tear in the room) that an animal was ever in the room before. Located steps away from a bike/hike path to the forest, but close enough to town for easy access to shopping/dining, etc. Singles, couples, and small family groups were there during my stay. It is a place for everybody that I would recommend to anybody. My thanks to David and Christine and their staff for a wonderful place.

Room Tip: depends on your group needs
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Christa4of4

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I found the Fireside by looking for pet-friendly properties in the Lake Tahoe area...and came up with a short list and a lot of "you can bring your pet, BUT...." conditions; ugh!

So, when I found Fireside and read their policies, communicated with the owners, I decided to book. What a good luck find!!! I am finishing up my 5 night/day stay and am completely pleased...so much so that I am already planning a return trip up here, and planning to bring friends of mine along with their pet (dog).

The Lodge is completely charming, in great condition, VERY cozy, just the right size (just 9 units), located wonderfully at the QUIET edge of town, is close to some important services (supermarket, gas, post office, pharmacy, veterinarian, restaurants/fast food, etc. There is an evening wine/cheese gathering, nighttime fire ring s'mores, rooms with fireplaces, DirecTV, dvd player, etc.). My room has a small kitchenette which enabled me to bring food in rather than always going to a restaurant (without my dog) each night...important for a pet owner sometimes.

So, my vote is an unqualified 5-star rating, with my firm intention to book again. Part of me hates to share this because it will bring more business here and force me to compete for space! But, LOL, I guess I "owe" the owners here this bit of positive push...YAY for Fireside Lodge!

Room Tip: Ask which rooms are the "larger" ones...they vary. The "themes" of the rooms ar...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am not one to place reviews or comments on anything, so this will be my first time. Our room was very nice, clean/fresh smelling considering dog friendly, cozy kitchenette fully stocked with utensils and small refrigerator. Our room was a little small, but doable because we were out all day; they have 2-rooms slightly bigger. The owners David & Christine were very sweet and friendly; their beautful dog Kona (yellow lab) came out to welcome us in the parking lot, so cute! Our little yorkie/terrier (rescue) mix Coco was not too happy at first, but on the 3rd day she finally warmed up to Kona. David & Christine go beyond their scope to accomodate their guest with various things to do; we would definetly go back again. Thanks for a great weekend :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben T
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a great, relaxing time at the Fireside B&B. They rooms are super cute, comfy beds, great outdoor fire pit with wine in the evenings. The friendliest house dog I've ever met! Great morning waffle bar (really... yum!). The hosts are gracious and accommodating and set us up with a kayak and bikes to take for a spin. The hotel is right on the edge of South Lake Tahoe, so it's a great starting point to get to Emerald Bay and the West side of the Lake. Would ABSOLUTELY stay here again! Looking forward to our next vacation in Tahoe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Herbngill
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We drove by at first and it just looked like an old converted motor lodge. When we went in, it was a big surprise. No they did not just slap some logs onto the outside. Each room is individually decorated and are really creative. There was more to the room than we needed. There was what they call a kitchenette, it was large than the kitchen in our first apartment. There is a booth that will seat two, coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave and dishes. The gas fireplace is romantic as well as useful as a heater.

As stated this is a dog friendly inn. Kona is a very laid back hostess and is good for us not used to dogs people.

The "office" is so much more. Cozy seating area with a fireplace, book of menus from the local restaurants. Wine and cheese in the evening. For breakfast a waffle bar and other goodies. So-mores in the evening. Too much for us to take advantage in the limited time we were there. We got lucky in getting a room because the next day every room was reserved for a family reunion.

With the mattresses being more firm than I am used to I had to go down one notch for sleep quality but that is just me.

Room Tip: Who needs a fitness center when you have the whole of Lake Tahoe around! I want to relax and enjoy t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol232b
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I first stayed at the Fireside Lodge in 2008. It is a small, but beautiful lodge with less than 10 rooms. We loved that each room has its own rustic/lodge feeling, complete with stone fireplace. The rooms are large enough for a family and include a generous kitchen/dining area. The lodge is right off the highway, but we did not notice any extra noise as a result. The gameroom seemed to be a hit with kids and adults alike, but the best part is the large outdoor fire pit area ! We will definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JourneysandJaunts
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Once again my husband, Ginger (our dog) and I had a wonderful time staying at the Fireside Lodge. The staff, owners and Kona go the extra mile to make you feel welcome and to make your stay a pleasant experience. The rooms are decorated with different themes (bears, moose,etc.) which adds to the fun. They are always clean and very cozy. The lodge has lots of things to do from playing games to just sitting around the fire. My husband can't get enough of the hot chocolate and the wine, cheese and crackers are a nice touch. Breakfast time is great with all the different foods they offer. This is probably the sixth time in just 3 years we've stayed here. One of those times was my sisters 60th birthday and the first time she had ever been to Lake Tahoe-she still talks about what a great time we had staying at the Fireside Lodge. They even suprised her with a cake. We can't wait to go back. Sincerely, Donna Herrera

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
#11 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Heavenly Valley Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Heavenly Valley Lodge Bed & Brea...
#1 of 3 in South Lake Tahoe
Cedar Glen Lodge
Cedar Glen Lodge
#1 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Fireside Lodge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!