All reviewswaffle barhonor barwine and cheesebike pathfire pitthought of everythingother guestshappy hourself serve breakfastgames roomdvd libraryboard gamesmountain retreatdog friendly placecomplimentary bikesroasting marshmallowspac man
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Fireside Lodge recently changed owners, and Tracy, Steve, & Ben (Steve's son) have retained and even improved the high quality of Fireside Lodge. All the complimentary amenities remain: daily Happy Hour with wine, cheese, and fruit; roasting s'mores once the sun sets while sitting around the outdoor firepit, new bicycles to ride around the bike path behind the lodge; generous self-serve breakfast with waffles, bagels, hard-boiled eggs, juices; and free wifi. The property itself is a delight: a large gazebo for shade, and comfy chairs if you want to take in the sun, and a dog bed for your dog. Location: it's near everything you want, especially if you brought your water-loving dog: Kiva Beach, Pope Beach, Baldwin Beach, 20 min driving distance to the Emerald Bay overlook in one direction, and just a few minutes to all the restaurants along Lake Tahoe Blvd in the other direction. (Shoutout to the pastries & tortes to be found at Don's Cakes on the Lake). There's even an adults-only quiet space to relax in, if you need to unwind after a strenuous day of hiking. Depending on the room, it can be a tad snug or very spacious, and they fill up the rooms with everything you need: comfy Queen-sized beds, kitchenettes with fridge & freezer, private bathroom, armoire and each room is delightfully decorated in its own theme. They can turn the eating area of some of the rooms into a twin bed, which is convenient. This was my third stay at Fireside, and I will repeat what I said before: you pay a little more, but you get a lot more in return. There's many reasons why so many people (like me!) return here again and again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Tracy and Steve were so friendly and accommodating. If it's tips on where to visit, restaurant recommendations, help with pets, Tracy, Steve and Brit were more than willing to help. Staying here is more like staying with friends. Nice, casual and friendly. The little 'extras' are a really nice touch as well- happy hour with nice wine and cheese snacks, s'mores by the fire, and breakfast is great! We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017

S'mores by the fire pit, waffles in the morning, a very happy hour with the other guests, bikes to cruise down to the lake, dog friendly and the best staff anywhere! The rooms are very charming and incredibly clean. The themed rooms are very comfortable and cozy.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Hands down the best place to stay in Tahoe. The rooms were adorable, the beds were comfortable, and the staff could not have been more friendly! Tracy and Steve, the owners, were so accommodating and helped us with everything we needed. They offer complimentary breakfast (The waffles were my favorite-- so easy and SO delicious! With any topping you can imagine!!), happy hour with wine and cheese, AND s'more time by the fire. There is so much included in the price of your stay that you do not get with any ordinary hotel. We took advantage of the free bikes they have as well and it was just a quick ride down to the lake--so convenient! The whole feel of the lodge is so relaxing... I nearly fell asleep in the hammock.

I would highly recommend the Fireside Lodge to anyone who is looking for a worry-free vacation. I can't wait to return in the winter for some skiing!!!!

Oh and I almost forgot......they are pet friendly and have an adorable lodge dog!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Our stay at Fireside Lodge Bed & Breakfast was absolutely amazing. It was our first time visiting south shore, having only been to the north shore last year. The top needs for us: a dog friendly place, not in the busy part of south shore, small scale (don't care for big hotels), quiet, family friendly, and reasonably priced. This place hit the mark! When I called to make the reservation I was a bit hesitant because there is no refunds on cancellations (not that I intended to cancel). I went with my gut and booked it and I was so glad I did! We were welcomed by Justin, who is such a friendly & charming college aged young man. He made us feel right at home. We loved the fact that they offer COMPLIMENTARY bikes (we rode them down the bike path to the beach our first evening there), breakfast bar (including a waffle bar, yogurt, juice, fresh fruit, oatmeal, bagels, toast & english muffins, hb eggs, cereal, and more), wifi, board games, DVD library, Netflix, Cable TV, and s'mores by the firepit in the evenings. These friendly people thought of everything! Our dog was greeted and welcomed with a treat, as we were! This place felt quaint, yet so completely comfortable. I loved their patio area, complete with a hammock, trickling fountain, and beautiful grass and flowers. Thank you Steve and Tracy for running this place! We will be back!!! Thank you Justin, Britt & Kurstie... we hope to see you again soon and wish you all the best that life has to offer. (As a side note, thank you to Steve for helping our daughter reach her goal in your video arcade! She was so happy to win E.T.!) This place rocks!!! I am SO picky when it comes to cleanliness, and they met the mark. Everything is quiet when you want to sleep (for me, that is by 10 p.m. or earlier). AND the HOSPITALITY said it all to us!! Thank you amazing owners and staff!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rachel_gr75
fslfsl, Owner at Fireside Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you Rachel for staying with us. We enjoyed getting to know you and your Family and loved the excitement and enthusiasm your children brought with them during their stay here. I really enjoyed their energy and excitement in their pursuit of ET while playing in our game room! We hope to see you again!

Tracy & Steven