First time at this location. This place would without a doubt be 5 star if it weren't for a couple of things.
1. No security at night time means you are a target. Since we were so close to the Lake and the road, 2nd night there someone came into our site and stole my $500 Trek Mountain Bike. Even with our trailer directly across from Camp Host, this didn't stop a thief from not only Stealing my Bike, but 4 others in the same night. LOCK YOUR BIKES!!
2. Imagine this if you can. It's 8:00pm, still light out, your by the camp fire with 3 families, kids, marshmallow roasting, all laughing have a great time and all of a sudden 3 Camp Hosts come over and say " Hey guys.....it's 8:00pm....quiet time please" Huh???
Are you [--] kidding me? The road noise was 3x louder than we were, not to mention, every surrounding camp sites were 100% awake and active. So what did we do? LOL, we walked across the street and sat at a picnic table watching the sunset Vs. staying in our Campsite. 8:00pm quiet time is just un-realistic for our tastes.
Over all this is a very nice spot, staff were nice, close to everything. Would we stay here again........probably not. It's just a bit too strict for us as we like to stay up til at least 11 or 12 by the fire and talk, look at stars and sip on our fav cocktails, laugh, etc...
Hope this info helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Campground by the Lake-owned and operated by the City of South Lake Tahoe has 50 hookup spots and 120 spots without hookups. Tons of fun for the whole family, we are 2.3 miles away from the stateline on the California side. We are directly across route 50 from El Dorado Beach, a popular South Shore destination. We have shops and restuarants within walking distance and public transportation east to the Stateline (Casinos, Heavenly Village) and west all the way to Emerald Bay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Campground By The Lake Hotel South Lake Tahoe