Domus Laeta
Kepazia guest house(Giungano)(Great Value!)
Bed and Breakfast Sunset(Giungano)(Great Value!)
US$64
Agoda.com
La Torretta(Giungano)
TripAdvisor
Oasi Cannito(Giungano)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at this inn this spring, well before the main season. The owner was not in residence and I was the only guest. A young man from India with the nickname "Vikky" (that's my guess on the spelling) was the host. Vikky is an all around handy man here and also greets the guests and serves dinner. His brother in law is the cook (and also has 3 adorable identical daughters around age 3). I felt a bit like old royalty while I was here. I had the run of the property and Vikky was ever the friendly host (and the house cat spent quite a bit of time on my lap as well).

The first night I had dinner there (they were expecting two other guests but I guess they were no shows). So, I ate alone, with a bottle of wine just for me, served by Vikky.....it was easy to feel like royalty. The next couple of nights they pulled the plug on dinner (happily some semblance of efficiency has arrived at least in some parts of Italy), and so I dined at La Torretta down the street -- I was the only customer there too (see my review of the restaurant separately).

The inn is an old country house of privilege back in the day, and it remains in the hands of the same family. To see the fate of these old houses, look no further that across the street. One grand old house has been torched, while the other is abandoned gradually deteriorating as time goes by.

You should not expect the Ritz Carlton. This is an old house that has been converted to an inn, so there are compromises in lots of places. What distinguishes this property is the opportunity is affords you to get some feel for the way the one-percenters of yesteryear used to live. All the pictures of the property are accurate. It is a nice property with nice views. And Giungano is a very nice little town -- extremely clean and surprisingly rich in public areas (I had the feeling that someone important lived around here).

The inn is ideally suited to visit Paestum (only about 30 minutes away). You also can drive over various country roads to get a feel for this part of Italy. Or, of course, you can just hang out at the inn and Giungano for a couple of days and take the opportunity to relax in style.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This historic villa Is in an idyllic setting with fantastic views all the way to Capri. Camilla and her daughter are gracious hosts and very welcoming, nothing is too much trouble. The village itself is wonderful old Italy and largely unaffected by tourism. I particularly like the little bar a few doors down? There a several very good cafes close by which are low key and unpretentious but the food is divine, lots of seasonal produce. Dinner at Domus Laeta is a great experience on the terrace with the best view ever. We were very sad to leave as it seemed like home.

Room Tip: Rooms on the terrace are lovely
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a fabulous house, you'll feel privileged to stay. The pool and terrace has wonderful views down the valley. The town itself is charming and beautiful. Lots of local colour and events. The owner sometimes cooks or hosts parties and her meals are excellent and the events great fun. The surrounding countryside is spectacular. All in all, a wonderful place to experience.

Room Tip: If you are worried about it, ask for air con
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Leave the SS18 at 100k marker Agricola, right and right at the roundabout follow the road to a T, left for a couple of hundred mtrs then follow the road to Giungano for 8ks - you're going for the 2nd Church steeple in the village on the hill. Immediately prior to the "square" opposite the church there's a steep 20 mtr driveway, the accom is down to the left. Leave the car at the top and carry your bags down the cobbles - Avis were lucky to get a car back with its clutch reasonably intact as i attempted to reverse up the slope. (GPS seems to take you thro very narrow streets)We were met by what my wife terms a really handsome (Young) Italian gentleman so what I thought of his establishment is releatively unimportant. The views from the sun terrace were spectaclar, all the way to Capri. The house was apparently an old fortress and is a myriad of traditionally furnished rooms; it really is avillage in itself. We ate out tho I understand that the food is excellent. The loo in our room was up 7/8 steps of uneven pitch surmounted by a low arch which at one time must have had a cushion as protection but is now adorned with part of my scalp There were far better rooms in a really charming old property. We had previously visited the Greek ruins at Paestum and driven the Amalfi Coast 3 times some 6 years ago(couldn't believe the road/traffic the 1st time so had to prove we we could do it again) SO we spent a day at a brand new factory outlet some 15 ks north on the SS18. Yeah I know but I now have some beautiful shirts and jumpers- besides there was no other opportunity on our trip for retail therapy unless you're daft enough to try and park in a city.

Room Tip: I recall a 4 being in the room number, upstairs from the office with an entrance below a low arch. Avoid it, the rest of the "house" is well worth the drive
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patbarron
Reviewed 27 September 2013

It was a beautiful old house, with lots of character, we loved it, if you like pristine modern bathrooms etc this is not the place for you, but it was fab for us. Lovely views, fruit growing everywhere, charming family, extraordinary breakfasts, infinity pool.....would I go here again, definitely.

Stayed: September 2013