“Shooting with Friends”

Jackson Hole Shooting Experience
Ranked #1 of 10 Fun & Games in Jackson Hole
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer year-round outdoor premier luxury shooting instruction and experiences for both novice & experienced shooters by appointment. We have rifles, pistols, shotguns and archery and provide all of the needed safety equipment and ammunition along with a world class instruction!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My friend was planning a trip to Jackson Hole to spend a week working on his shooting skills with Shepard and asked if I would like to come along. A week away from work shooting guns in beautiful Teton country? Heck yeah! I have been looking at updating my pistol anyways and thought this would be a great way to test out some new handguns.

I'm not much for writing, but the experience was so positive that I wanted to pass along kudos to Shepard and his outfit. I was fortunate enough to spend 5 consecutive days at the range shooting everything from sniper rifles to a multitude of pistols. I was able to improve my skills on the range and incorporate some real life scenes for that "just in case" situation.

Shepard and the Shooting Experience delivered everything that was promised and then some. It was safe, informative , and fun. I wouldn't hesitate to return and/or recommend it to others. It was definitely the highlight of my trip out west. I hope to do it again sometime.

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thanks for coming out to shoot! You two were a blast to work with, I really enjoyed seeing your progression each day, and the video we shot at the end was awesome! You are truly much better prepared than 99% of the population to survive a violent attack, thanks for allowing me to help you with your preparation! -Shepard Humphries

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had so much fun and got to shoot a huge range of rifles and pistols and semi-automatics. It was a real education about what we're skilled at, plus just great fun. One thing: we had Andy as an instructor and he was just right for us, being young and sharing interests with a 20 year old male eg gaming. it might have been not so much fun with one of the older instructors (sorry guys!!).

ShootInJH, Manager at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

I had a great time shooting with you all too! Lynn always does a great job at matching clients and their styles to a coach that she thinks would be best for them. We always have a great time and seem to be able to relate well with our clients.

I am so glad that I got put me with you so we could have some good conversations while we shot. It always makes for a more fun experience! Thanks for coming out and shooting with us and for a great afternoon. Hope to see you again the next time you make it to Jackson! -W. Andy Ward

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Coming from countries where gun laws are super strict, me (french) and my partner (british) had a blast at the shooting range.

Shepard was really helpful and we got to try loads and loads of different guns, from .22 to a desert eagle. They had also really cool rifles like a WW1 russian Mosin Nagant and a WW2 US rifle (Garand? Forgot now!)

Even my partner who is far from being a gun enthusiast thought that was fun, so I'd recommend it to everyone!

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Merci d'avoir écrit une critique! You two were great to watch shooting together! We very much appreciate your appreciation of all the various firearms types we provide, including the WWII Yugoslavian Mauser! Let me know if you hear of a loosening of gun laws there in Hong Kong, we would love to open a branch near you! :)

Yesterday afternoon the weather was SO much warmer than the day you shot with me, sorry for that! When you next return I will see what I can do about warmer weather! :)

Again, thanks for coming out to shoot and thanks for writing a review! :)
-Shepard Humphries, Wyoming Premier Shooting Instruction & Training

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My uncle, cousin, and I were recommended by our hotel concierge to try out the JH Shooting Experience and we were extremely thankful he did. All of us had some previous experience handling and shooting guns, but are by no means shooting/gun experts. After a few hours with Shepard as our instructor we were able to build on our shooting/gun knowledge and skill. We could not of asked for a better instructor than Shepard; it was obvious he knew what he was talking about with years of experience. Also, Shepard combined his great expertise with professionalism. There was a great balance between education about shooting/guns and just overall having a great time and fun.

We definitely all agreed this is a must do when we visit Jackson, WY again and no doubt recommend to all that visit the area no matter if you are a beginner or expert.

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

I am so glad you guys came out to play!!!! :) We are grateful to all of our local concierge professionals in Jackson Hole that trust us to show their guests a good time, and we are thrilled we again came through for them. You guys were fun to work with and it was wonderful seeing your fun and supportive family (and extended family) dynamics, y'all are good people!

Next year when you return, I suggest investigating our long range rifle options ... we plan to develop a training program for precisions shooting that is premier!

Again, thanks for coming out to play and for a great review! I look forward to seeing you next time! Please let your friends and neighbors know about us as well! :) -Shepard Humphries

Shepard Humphries
JH Shooting, LLC Owner
NRA Appointed Training Counselor
Rated #2 Shooting Instructor Internationally
Luxury Entertainment Shooting Experiences

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I never knew that I wanted to experience shooting guns. After 3 hours with Shepard, I'm hooked. Shepard was the perfect instructor to introduce a novice to shooting rifles and pistols. His laid back personality coupled with his incredible experience made for an epic afternoon. Today with Shepard was a number one lifetime experience.

How kind of you! Thanks for saying all the nice things about me and our business!

My goal is to help people develop or enhance their appreciation for and respect of shooting sports. While not all of our students will continue the progression from "shooting enthusiast" to "gun nut" I am thrilled anytime I see a permagrin after a shot that finds its mark!

You and yours were fun to shoot with and I appreciate that you chose to spend your time and money with us. I know you have many choices of fun things to do in Jackson Hole and am thrilled that you chose us! I hope you will return to shoot each time you visit Jackson Hole! :) -Shepard Humphries

Shepard Humphries