“Highlight of Our Trip”

Jackson Hole Shooting Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer year-round outdoor premier luxury shooting instruction and experiences for both novice & experienced shooters by appointment. We have rifles, pistols, shotguns and archery and provide all of the needed safety equipment and ammunition along with a world class instruction!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Stamford, Connecticut
“Highlight of Our Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

You could not ask for a friendlier more patient instructor than Shepard. My family and I are all novice shooters, but by the end of the session all of us were ready to purchase our first firearm. Shepard made the entire experience fun and memorable. This was absolutely the highlight of our week in Jackson Hole. Also, have your camera phone ready because Shepard will take several action shots.

Visited October 2013
ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thanks for your kind review, and of course for liking me! lol :) Shooting is certainly addictive, isn't it?! :) I hope it has become your new hobby, and I look forward to shooting with ya'll again! :) -Shepard Humphries

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shepard is the best !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We spent an exhilarating and fun afternoon with , and being British, it was our first experience of guns and shooting.
Shephard was very knowledgable, informative and FUN, FUN, FUN all the way !
He's such a great guy who shares his passion with you, nothing is too much trouble including my son shooting the .50 caliber monster!!
My son wanted the used cartridge for posterity but we couldn't find it unfortunately.
But to our amazement, later that evening, Shephard had not not found it, but delivered it to our hotel !!
We cannot thank him or praise him highly enough for helping create memories that will last our lifetimes.
Do not hesitate in booking this experience - Shephard is the best !!

1 Thank Helen G
ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Wow! I LOVE your review title! lol Thanks for coming out and shooting! I am thrilled that you and your family had the opportunity to not only learn about gun safety, but have fun while doing so! The .50 AE is certainly a big round!

It made me happy that your son was getting to check two things off his bucket list in just two days, visiting Yellowstone Park AND shooting a Desert Eagle! Thanks for letting me help! I look forward to seeing you all in the future, either in the UK as your gun control laws become more enlightened or here in the US!

I must share some of the credit for the case delivery with the incredible guest manager team at Amangani. ;-) Were they great or what? :) -Shepard Humphries
Portland, Oregon
“Awesome experience!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We chose the shooting experience for our father's 62nd birthday, not knowing what to expect, we were more than pleased! It was all of our first times visiting Jackson Hole and this was our favorite part; knowledgable, safe, fun and memorable. There was four of us, we had his full attention, we all got to shoot multiple guns ranging from hand to rifles, and hit targets as far as 600+ yards away. A big thanks to Shepard! We will be back for round two!

Visited October 2013
Thanks for coming out for the Big Birthday celebration! I love our unique style of instruction that does allow for such a wonderful coach:shooter ratio! It makes things safer and make learnign and laughing happen at a much better rate! :)

I am glad you had a great time and I look forward to seeing you all in the future! Jackson Hole is a pretty great place, huh? I am thrilled we could make it even better!

See you soon! :) -Shepard Humphries
Syracuse, New York
“Shooting with Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

My friend was planning a trip to Jackson Hole to spend a week working on his shooting skills with Shepard and asked if I would like to come along. A week away from work shooting guns in beautiful Teton country? Heck yeah! I have been looking at updating my pistol anyways and thought this would be a great way to test out some new handguns.

I'm not much for writing, but the experience was so positive that I wanted to pass along kudos to Shepard and his outfit. I was fortunate enough to spend 5 consecutive days at the range shooting everything from sniper rifles to a multitude of pistols. I was able to improve my skills on the range and incorporate some real life scenes for that "just in case" situation.

Shepard and the Shooting Experience delivered everything that was promised and then some. It was safe, informative , and fun. I wouldn't hesitate to return and/or recommend it to others. It was definitely the highlight of my trip out west. I hope to do it again sometime.

Visited October 2013
Thanks for coming out to shoot! You two were a blast to work with, I really enjoyed seeing your progression each day, and the video we shot at the end was awesome! You are truly much better prepared than 99% of the population to survive a violent attack, thanks for allowing me to help you with your preparation! -Shepard Humphries
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Had the best time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had so much fun and got to shoot a huge range of rifles and pistols and semi-automatics. It was a real education about what we're skilled at, plus just great fun. One thing: we had Andy as an instructor and he was just right for us, being young and sharing interests with a 20 year old male eg gaming. it might have been not so much fun with one of the older instructors (sorry guys!!).

Visited October 2013
ShootInJH, Manager at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
I had a great time shooting with you all too! Lynn always does a great job at matching clients and their styles to a coach that she thinks would be best for them. We always have a great time and seem to be able to relate well with our clients.

I am so glad that I got put me with you so we could have some good conversations while we shot. It always makes for a more fun experience! Thanks for coming out and shooting with us and for a great afternoon. Hope to see you again the next time you make it to Jackson! -W. Andy Ward