“The most awesome experience for our family!”

Jackson Hole Shooting Experience
Ranked #1 of 11 Fun & Games in Jackson Hole
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer year-round outdoor premier luxury shooting instruction and experiences for both novice & experienced shooters by appointment. We have rifles, pistols, shotguns and archery and provide all of the needed safety equipment and ammunition along with a world class instruction!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We travel extensively and can honestly say that this was THE best thing we have done as a family! Shepherd, our instructor, was amazing, fun and knowledgeable! Our 11 year old son had the time of his life being able to handle, load and shoot such a large variety of guns in a safe environment. My husband and I also were very impressed with the facilities and the professionalism of Shepherd. It was a great time and we will definitely be back next year!

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Wow! Thanks for the nice review! You are way too kind, and I appreciate it.

Thanks for coming out to shoot with us, we certainly love what we do and of course we love watching folk's skill levels increase and there are few cooler sounds than the ring of the distant gongs!

I had fun with you and your family and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Jackson Hole! -Shepard Humphries

All reviews
"safe environment"
in 9 reviews
"learning how"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
"pun intended"
"self defense"
"gun club"
"ear protection"
"hand guns"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I had so much fun! Shepherd was a fantastic host and very knowledgable. We highly recommend doing this even if you have no gun experience.

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thanks for coming all the way to the Americas from down under! you two were fun to shoot with, and I love your efficiency in booking many months in advance! I hope you will check into real estate in a place in Australia that is warm but not too hot during Jackson's harsh winters. Then please change the laws in your area to allow me to open a shooting experience there so I am closer to you two! :) lol

I look forward to seeing you two on your next trip to North America! -Shepard Humphries, Jackson Hole

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Fantastic time with family and friends! Just what we need it prior our big day! Time filled with joy and laughter. I have never been interested particularly in guns but this activity it's a must if you are visiting Jackson. Everyone had so much fun! Lynn and Shepard (the owners) are just wonderful, and very accommodating, their entire team which work there is just amazing. Great time with awesome people! Thank you once again for making our wedding weekend so much more memorable.

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

It was wonderful to have you and your new man and your families and friends out to share in the good times with us! You were all so fun loving and ready to jump in and have fun that you made the experience wonderful for us as well! :) Thanks SO much for that!!!

We look forward to also helping you treat your guests to a great time each anniversary hereafter! :)

Thanks again, you guys were great! -Shepard Humphries

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I surprised my husband with the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience for his 40th Birthday and it could not have turned out any better. My husband is an avid hunter with quite a bit of experience with guns but this opened up so much more. Shepard and Andy were amazing at making it perfect for everybody...from the biggest chicken (me) to the most experienced. I have never shot anything above a air soft gun and I was SCARED to death but by the end, even I was having a blast. My husband shot everything up to a 50 cal. He was a kid on Christmas. Thank you so much JHSE it was perfect.

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

A big thanks to you and the young man for visiting us for his special day celebration! I find that even as the #2 Rated Shooting Instructor in the US, I have only scratched the surface. Each thing I learn reminds me of how little I actually know! The good news is: learning more is SO much fun! :)

I hope you guys can make it back up to Jackson for more training soon, we look forward to seeing you again! :) Thanks also for the wonderful review! -Shepard Humphries

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 March 2014

For Christmas I got my husband and teenage boys a half day shooting package. I decided to attend with them and it was one of the funnest family days we've had in ages. Shepard is a fun and extremely knowledgable teacher. We all had the best time shooting beginning with the 22's all the way up to the big guns! He has a extensive range of guns to try, something for everyone. He is great with kids and a very patient teacher. It was all hands on learning. You will not be disappointed.

If you are looking for something new to try or just improving your skills I can't recommend this enough. You will find the entire staff is there to make your shooting experience one you won't soon forget. Great for all levels.

Thanks for your kind review! I am SO glad you decided to join the group. Of the thousands of people we have played with guns with, only two have "given it a fair shot" and concluded that shooting is 'just not their thing." Everyone else has had a blast and has decided that they love shooting, even if only occasionally for fun. I am glad you are one of the "enjoyers!"

Thanks for sharing the fun with your family, and next time you come out, be sure to try our new MP5 machine gun! -Shepard Humphries, Jackson Hole