“Another Outstanding Experience”

Jackson Hole Shooting Experience
Ranked #1 of 10 Fun & Games in Jackson Hole
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer year-round outdoor premier luxury shooting instruction and experiences for both novice & experienced shooters by appointment. We have rifles, pistols, shotguns and archery and provide all of the needed safety equipment and ammunition along with a world class instruction!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our second visit to the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience and it was as great, fun and educational as our first time. Our instructor Shep is knowledgable and engaging and could not be friendlier. We learned about a variety of guns and marksmanship and were able by the end of the lesson to hit targets at 500 and 600 yards. A fantastic outing and I could not recommend it more.

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hi, Shepard here. Thanks so much for another kind review, and of course thanks for coming out to shoot again! Your instructor is one of our best, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with him! ;)

Hitting the distant targets is SO much fun, isn't it? We are fortunate to use the Jackson Hole Gun Club for many of our luxury entertainment shooting experiences, and are thrilled to have a range that goes out to 600 yards! :)

I hope you will come out and see us on your next trip to Jackson Hole and will have a blast then as well! Thanks again!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Best anniversary gift EVER! I spent 3 hours with Terry Vaughan for some one on one personal defense training and he did not disappoint. The training far exceeded my expectations by showing me things I never knew I could do (shooting left handed, shooting from the ground, etc). He even included my wife in a few of the trainings. She loved it! I am already planning my next session. Lynn was so great to work with while setting up exactly what suited my needs. I gave them some general ideas and they ran with it. I am so pleased and have told my friends and family that they need to try it. 100% satisfaction with wonderful people.

LynnSherwood, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Who would have ever thought that training could be SOOooo much FUN?!?!
We appreciate your thoughtful review and are so glad to know the smile still hasn't left your face!

We had a great time setting up your customized course based on your experience, desires and goals. Terry is indeed a true professional, reading 'where you are' and meeting you there, challenging you to move (waaayyyy...) beyond your comfort zone, and helping YOU take your skills, vision and passion to the next level!

Looking forward to NEXT TIME, Mate! ;)
Warmest Regards,
Lynn Sherwood ~ Owner, Manager, Instructor, Enthusiast :)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Jackson Hole Shooting Experience gave me a taste of what the old west was like. I got to try out all kinds of guns: revolvers like the gunfighters used, pistols, rifles and shotguns. They practice a high quality of safety and everyone is really positive and fun.

YES!!!! What a perfect place and time to try something new and/or a great variety of guns you might never have a chance to shoot again!!!?!?!?!

DO YOU KNOW: almost 80% of our guests have never picked up a gun before? ...Or that it's been since summer camp 40+ years ago?!?

To be able to walk away knowing about gun safety and shooting fundamentals, in addition to having a ton of FUN in this truly unique Shooting Experience????!?!?!
...Priceless..... :)

Lynn ~

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I retired from law enforcement thirteen years ago. I recently became employed in a second career that requires I be armed with a handgun. Not having visited the firing range or done any firearms training during the last several years I contacted Shepard a the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience. We met at the range and after teaching me new skills and refreshing my memory on old skills long forgotten, I was able to fire the required qualification course with ease. Thank you Shepard!

ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thanks for coming out to qualify! It was wonderful observing the many 'oh yeah, I remember that" moment you had, and with the discovery of your glasses situation, you really shot well! I guess a score of 98% is testament to that!

Thanks for coming out to qualify, I have observed in my long past days of my personal law enforcement training, and the subsequent years that I have instructed shooting, there have been many changes, and some things remain the same. Each thing we learn typically has a learning curve but is worth it in the end!

I hope to see you around soon!

Shepard Humphries
ILESEA Rated Top 5 Instructor

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My daughter, her friend, and I had the opportunity to spend the morning learning how to shoot rifles, pistols, and shotguns. All of the instructors were very professional and friendly and SAFE. The facility is gorgeous.

Oh what FUN we did have!
Honestly I think we coaches have almost as much (if not more!!) fun, too!

Thrilling to see you on the range for some shooting fun in the various shooting disciplines, and I'm excited that, per our conversations, that your curiosity has been sparked for more and we'll get to see you again soon....

Fun on the range. Check.
Sparking a new passion. Check.
Empowering the next generation?!? ...PRICELESS! ;)