“WOW”

Jackson Hole Shooting Experience
Ranked #1 of 10 Fun & Games in Jackson Hole
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer year-round outdoor premier luxury shooting instruction and experiences for both novice & experienced shooters by appointment. We have rifles, pistols, shotguns and archery and provide all of the needed safety equipment and ammunition along with a world class instruction!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WOW”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My son (12) and I had a chance to experience the multi-gun & rifle with Shepard. First - he was absolutely great. Great coach, great guy. He was patient and kind with my son who was shooting for the first time. Not only that, but Shepard made it pure fun for him. Beyond the range of rifles & handguns that we got to fire, which was astonishing, we left grinning from ear to ear because of our coach - Shepard. The setting, shooting into a canyon, is second to none. And it helped that Shep got us to hit at 600 yards. Best 3 hours we've had. Thanks guys. This is a must if you are in Jackson.

1 Thank Mark Z
ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this review, 28 September 2014
I am thrilled that you allowed us to help you show your son a great time, isn't a day on the range a great bonding experience? I hope ya'll will have memories that last a lifetime! I also like to think that maybe, just maybe, when you son is exposed to a firearm in a less safe environment, that he will be much better "armed" to manage the situation and keep himself safe. Instilling in youth a strong sense of responsibility and awe for the awesome power of firearms is important for me. Thanks.

Thanks also for your kind review, I love it when i get to help provide and participate in one of the best slices of life, thank you!!!

Shepard Humphries
Your Gun Guy

Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

An absolute must! So much Fun also for beginners. Our instructor Terry was very friendly, Patient, knowledgeable, Funny and absolutely professional. The Variety of weapons (pistols, Rifles etc.) is just Great. You will fall in Love with it as Soon as you pull the trigger for the First Time!!! An Amazing experience and one of the best shooting ranges for sure!
Tanks for everything - you're doing a Great Job!

Visited July 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best day of my 11 yr olds life. ”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a 3 hr shooting experience for my husband and son. We got to shoot everything from from rifles to pistols of all calibers. My son shot everything up to the . 45 auto and loved it. Colt was experienced and knowledgeable of all the guns and helped my son hit a 500yard target.
As my son said "that was the best day of my life"!!!! Thanks guys!

3 Thank Julie K
ShootInJH, Owner at Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, responded to this review, 19 March 2015
I love it when we can make someone's day...errr...LIFE!!!! :) Way to go Colt! Colt is indeed a fun guy to shoot with, isn't he? As the formed Idaho State Black Power Rifle champion and Cannon Champion, he brings a lot to our experiences... oh yeah, and being a gunsmith and former law enforcement supervisor and firearms trainer! :)

I am so glad it was fun for you guys, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Jackson Hole!!! :)
Westwood, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience with the Best Instructors”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was hands down the best time our three kids had while in Jackson Hole! Shepard and Andy are professional, friendly, funny and incredibly knowledgable about all aspects of handling and shooting all types of guns. They made us feel relaxed and welcome as they met us in the parking lot with ear and eye protection. They were all set up and ready to go when we arrived. Not a minute was wasted. They were incredibly patient and knowledgable with each of us. They created a relaxed but fun and safe environment for my kids to learn and practice. They went above and beyond in customer service and sharing all of their tips to make each of us comfortable with shooting. We had a great two hours and learned more than I can write here. It was worth every penny and we left feeling like we have 2 new family friends for life. They greatly improved our abilities and our confidence. We highly recommend a visit with these guys. You will not be disappointed.

2 Thank Travelbuddy5262
Syracuse, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Consistent Excellence in Jackson Hole”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

What can you say about a business that has 185 reviews on TA and every single one is 5 Star? Awesome -- that's what. Where in this current world of questionable customer service does one find that consistency? It would be easy for such a business to rest on it's laurels and easy enough to think that they don't need to impress since they are dealing with a group of clients that frequently would not be returning anyways since they are visiting while on vacation. No way Shepard, Lynn and their crew would do that. I'm about to add 5 star review number 186 to their profile.

I am a return customer as I have been so impressed with the experience and the excellent instruction. This is my third time with them and my second review. Check out my review in October of 2013 for my week with Shepard and you'll see why I came back.

I was heading out to JH to go to a Wilderness Medicine course and to climb the Grand. To round out my trip, I set up a 4 day experience with JHSE. My friend Vinny, who also attended last year , came with me. We worked with JHSE 2 hours per day , with some extras thrown in by the crew out of their kindness. We switched it up a bit this time in that one day was spent with Terry learning self defense maneuvers involving hand to hand combat, knife work, and disarming a would be mugger. The other days were with Shepard.

We set up the itinerary 6 months in advance and brought our own pistols this time. Vinny is looking at purchasing a new handgun and used several from Shepard's arsenal to test what works best for him. Once again, the enthusiasm really came through from Shepard , even in his emails. It is even more apparent in person. Terry shared that excellent attitude as did Andy when he helped us out with some advice on our guns.

As we had worked a bunch with Shepard last year, we advanced quickly this year. We went over some basics for a refresher and started in with the target work in a variety of drills. We worked on speed shooting, shooting from a variety of positions (to make it more real life such as the sudden assault from a mugger), shooting with either hand, barricade shooting, shooting on the move etc. We worked on dealing with pistol malfunction, magazine changes in a gunfight and/or with only one hand, shooting with distractions -- and the list goes on. We also did some brief carbine work to whet our appetites for that weapon.

The third day was an excellent 15 station course that put all our skills to work and combined everything we learned the last two years. It was immense fun creating a real life hostage scene with multiple assailants , hostages , barricades, shooting on the move etc. We were able to go through the course several times since it was a small group private instruction. The practice really showed as my best time on the course was my last run and it was done with multiple distractions built in (including being poked in the back with a long piece of wood -- safely I might add though -- and verbal distractions simultaneously) and the result was no injured hostages, all bad guys done in with head and chest shots, and 90% accuracy while trimming my time by 40% from my initial run. It was rewarding and fun!

Day 4 was with Terry. It was quite an experience. He is a very enthusiastic teacher who gets down and dirty with you while teaching you all sorts of skills for those times when your pistol is not readily available. I will warn you that if you work with Terry on those skills (he does the shooting instruction also), be in good physical shape when you go. It is 2 hours of hand to hand combat moves ,along with practice with plastic knives , and disarming armed assailants. It is a workout! The 6000 foot elevation makes it even more of one. Terry is a skilled and patient teacher and always seems to smile -- even while scrapping with you. This was a great addition to our experience. Like Shepard with the pistols, Terry also taught us drills to take home with us.

I would also like to comment on Andy. He is an armorer and spent some of his time with us and our guns. He helped resight one of my guns and also helped us with some minor maintenance issues and some suggestions for pistol care at home. This was an extra hour of time with Shepard and Andy over and above the paid itinerary and shows their generosity, customer service , and devotion to making our time a great one.

As I said last year, Shepard is a rare teacher who can make even a mundane drill fun and makes something that is already fun into an awesome experience. He manages to impart a great deal of information in a way that it sticks and he never makes his students feel inept. Terry seems to bring many of those same qualities to the table.

I am already trying to figure out when my trip to Jackson Hole will be next year so I can continue to improve my skills. I could tell how much I improved from 2013 to 2014 with the help of Shepard and his take home drills. I hope to keep up the momentum into 2015. Give them a try. I am sure that you will love the experience. After all , 186 reviews can't be wrong.

1 Thank Dan C
Dan, Thanks so much for coming out again. I look forward to you and Vinny returning each year. I responded to your review many months ago, but evidently it did not make it through... hmmm

I really enjoy how you two work together, and I hope that the "team building" element at our academy helps make things be even better back at your workplace. From what you have said, it seems that Vinny is your "rock" much like Andy is mine. (Above and Beyond" are his middle names) It is wonderful that you get to spend time away from the office binding and having fun together while also improving skills that may someday save your life!

Isn't Terry fabulous as well? His book, "Not with My Daughter - A Father's Guide to Screening His Daughter's Dates and Boyfriends" is now available on Amazon.com, make sure to check it out. I have attended several of Terry's speaking engagements and find the reading of body language skills to be so fun and important to learn. When he next speaks in NY, I hope you will check him out!

I look forward to seeing you guys again this year! Many thanks for everything!!!