“Good show, good food!”

113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“Good show, good food!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We got a recommendation to visit the Bar J Music Show and it indeed was worth it. We arrived at approx. 5:40 (5:30 ticket assignment starts) and yet we were already in row 7. Nothing wrong with that since you can clearly see/hear everything just a bit far to do photos.

Food was tasty and you could go for more if you wish too, I had more than enough in the first portion. With drinks it is a bit "oh so" - Water/Lemonade or Coffee. Lemonade had a strange by taste...I don't know...not really my thing.

Music Show was very good and you can really see performers are top notch!

All in all worth a visit, but I probably would not revisit the same show.

Visited July 2014

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Family fabulous”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

we visited here with friends as we traveled through the mid west and thoroughly loved this singing family and ranch hands. It was very entertaining and comical for the money. A little bit of country, a little bit of gospel, wrapped up with some patriotic songs and the harmony was great! I purchased a CD for us to listen to as we traveled our way back towards North Carolina. The food was as they described. It was what the men were served on the Ranch and actually it was more than we could eat. We enjoyed the experience of going through the line and having the food and coffee given to us like the cow hands. I definitely recommend this if you enjoy music from the old days and old fashion comedy. It was wonderfully entertaining.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tami W
Nashville, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fun Night Out”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Some girlfriends and I recently took in the Bar J Chuckwagon and show while we were visiting Jackson. The overall experience is "touristy" but I thought it was a great deal of fun. The wagon ride to the dinner site is beautiful and our driver really helped us all get to know each other. There was entertainment on the trail as we met a trapper named Buckskin and was chased by some Native Americans. Once we arrived at the pavillion we were promptly sat and served dinner. The food consisted of roast beef, barbecue chicken, salad, corn on the cob, baked beans and rolls. There were Blondies for dessert. The food was fine, served hot and you were encouraged to go back for seconds. The Western show was very entertaining with lots of laughs and very family friendly. They even got all the kids involved in one song, which was very cute. After the show, the ride back to town was relaxing. All in all for the price, this was a great night of entertainment.

1 Thank Katona K
Gloucester, Virginia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Good Laugh”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

First, I would like to say that the staff here is fantastic. They seem to be hard working and are quite engaging and funny. The food was good; my husband and I weren't a fan of the ribs, but that is purely a matter of preference not quality. My husband and I found the whole ordeal to be a bit pricey at $30 a head, but we are also low-budget travelers. The performers were entertaining and lively. We definitely had a good couple of laughs. Overall, I would recommend this place.

One little tip--get there early if you want a good seat and if you don't want to wait in line for a long time to get your tickets.

Bear River City, Utah
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Never Go to Jackson without seeing these guys AWESOME!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

FOOD is great! entertainment is GREAT! Price is decent! I laughed so hard I was crying. Food is as historical as they can make it off of a chuck wagon today.