“Villa Palma stay”
Review of Villa Palma

Villa Palma
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mussolente
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at villa Palma for 2 nights with my husband and 2 adult children. We stayed in 2rooms that were very large and lovely. However no air condition. We thought we didn't know how to operate it and when we inquired for help we were told it was to early in the season for the air conditioner. In addition to no air, there was a large birthday party and wedding the nights we were that that were so loud I didn't sleep until 3 am both nights. They did move my room only to a more quiet location but we could still here the noises because we had to keep windows open due to no air. Also they gave us a very slight price reduction for our discomfort. We had been traveling for 2 weeks throughout italy and this was our last hotel. It was by far the most expensive and the least comfortable and accommodating in Italy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Debra C
There are newer reviews for Villa Palma

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed in Villa Palma for four nights in mid-September 2012. I initially chose it for its proximity to the major Palladian Veneto Villas (Villa Barbaro, Villa Emo, Villa Godi-Malinverni) that were the main reason for traveling in that area. I was quite cautious about booking at Villa Palma as the hotel had surprisingly few reviews even though it had been in business for a long time.

However it looked quite good and I took a risk of booking based almost solely on the Internet hotel description and recommendations of the decade-old travel books which, by the way, are still very reliable; often much more than individual reviews.

Well, this time I was exceptionally well-rewarded for the risk-taking - together with Villa Cortine in Sirmione this was the best hotel in my one-month voyage in France-Italy. Certainly my opinion was influenced by a great upgrade - I booked a single room but was upgraded to a suit. I was so astonished at the beauty and comforts of the suite that I extended my stay immediately from two to four days, canceling another hotel.

There was much to like in Villa Palma - great service from the start, bags were transported from your car to your room, you were escorted to the room, too. The suite #53 on the fourth floor was opulent - superb huge bed, very comfortable and with great linens; lovely soft pillows, marble coffee table, carpets, baroque sofa, cathedral ceiling with exposed beams, heavy embroidered curtains, great desk for the computer, good bathroom.

Sleep quality was absolutely exceptional. WiFi was excellent, breakfast marvelous - omelet and spremuta were made on request, with cold cuts served buffet-style. Service overall was very attentive and courteous.

The building itself was elegant, reminding of a Palladian Villa, and the whole atmosphere and decor was lavish and shining clean - the hotel was absolutely marvelously and richly decorated - expensive wood trims, marble, venetian chandeliers, etc. There was a huge lawn, for that reason there are weddings and receptions there - the restaurant was presumably famous. Parking was safe and free.

The driving around is easy and it takes 20 minutes to Bassano and Marostica, 35 minutes to Asolo, 30 minutes to Villa Barbaro, about two hours to Belluno, one and a half to Treviso - the hotel is strategically situated for seeing Veneto and its villas.

Things less glamorous:

- I was annoyed by the breakfast music that I could hear in the room through the windows, but it was lowered at my request;
- Perhaps the bathroom would benefit from some renovation; it only had a shower, no bathtub.
- The hotel is surrounded by a quiet but not distinctly beautiful neighborhood, albeit very safe - it is in the middle of nowhere.

There isn't anything else that I would criticize; it was a superb value for money for me. One should have a car there.

Overall, I truly enjoyed staying there, it is a rare gem of quality at a very reasonable rate, something that is so difficult to find these days. Villa Palma exceeded my expectations in every way; I will certainly return to explore more of Veneto artistic treasures, and will stay in a suit for sure.

Supremely recommended.

Room Tip: Suit #53 is exceptional in beauty and comforts.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Gradiva
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I've been to Villa Palma several times, great location, nice staff and best restaurant in the area.
Rooms are clean and comfortable, nothing missing.
The restaurant is outstanding, try the "raw seafood antipasto" with a glass of good prosecco, it will make your day

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Federico C
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Went back to villa palma again this year 6 of us we had a brilliant holiday ,osman and his wife were as lovely friendly as ever and the staff were great ,nothing was too much trouble for them .met some fabulous people ,had a good laugh with everyone .the pool was brilliant the kids had so much fun . the appartment was lovely ,spotless cleaned every day .clean bedding and towels . Its in such a lovely place quiet but only a bus ride to the lively part of Marmaris . cant wait for next year at the villa palma ,

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2012

if you need excellent service for good value this is the right place, the staff is very professional and kind, restaurant is remarkable and beef Tartare simply outstanding. Location is a litlle difficoult but very quiet

Room Tip: restaurant is very good
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2007

We stayed here in July after visiting Lake Garda this was our second stay in Bassano and we wanted to stay at another location other than the centre so we chose Villa Palma... The villa is very nice we were given a suite room the staff are friendly - although the Villa is out of the way and a little hard to find you will be surprised by the location, you do need transport as the Villa is some 15 minute by car into Bassano. Breakfast was good although we did get put off by the flies as most of the fresh food is left exposed, but that seems to be the norm. But we were in high season and it was very warm ... Excellent air con in all the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Emptyheads
Reviewed 24 March 2006

I spent four days with my wife in this hotel last year.
The hotel is very nice, the staff very skilled and smilly, and the food is wonderful, fresh and tasty !
I highly recommend it. I will go back there. Moreover, this italian region is rich in old cities and fabulous places.

• Stayed: February 2005
3  Thank razibus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mussolente
Hotel Villa Pigalle
#1 of 1 in Paderno del Grappa
Hotel Al Camin
Hotel Al Camin
#9 of 10 in Bassano Del Grappa

Been to Villa Palma? Share your experiences!