“Lovely stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dangan
Cashel
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We recently stayed once again at the Westwood Hotel in Galway. This is a really nice and relaxing place to stay our room was very comfortable and unlike a lot of hotels beds we have slept on it was huge and so cosy!
The staff are fantastic here each one nicer than the other and couldn't do enough to help you. The food in the bar is really good and a nice selection. The only negative was the breakfast and as every thing else about the hotel is so good this was so bad so much so that we cancelled the remaining breakfasts we had ordered for our other 2 days. There was no excuse for it as there were only four other people in the dining room. I ordered a vegetarian breakfast and after a long wait out came a full Irish then after another very long long wait out came the burnt offering I had expected sauteed potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms et al well it seems like everything was lopped into the deep fat fryer and what should have been sauteed potatoes was economy wedges for want of a better description which were burnt as was every thing else I it was inedible so I sent it back "would you like anything else came the reply" mmm not likely !!! I did complain at the desk but naturally heard no more. I would stay again but definately without breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martcu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Polish first
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Having had a fantastic experience for our wedding reception in Nov 2010, we decided to return to the Westwood for our baby's christening in Feb 2014...we had high expectations and yet again these were exceeded! All staff we encountered were again efficient, friendly and helpful. They provided finger food and tea and coffee free of charge! The quality and quantity of the food was very impressive, this included sandwiches, chicken goujons, potato wedges and samosas. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Edel C
Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed 19 February 2014

we stayed with a 2 & 5 yr old in oct 13 as part of a Halloween package, we got a bargain the hotel staff we so nice and so so helpful with everything, very kid orientated.

I couldn't say anything bad about the hotel it self and will for sure visit again!maybe only downfall is its quite a pain to get in and out to the city center! I didn't visit the pool or gym so i cant comment but i think they were away from the hotel in a different building

ps beds were so comfy

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank scunnea
Ireland
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Very impressed at location and great value. Checked in late and getting room service for food no problem from friendly helpful staff. Breakfast was top class with great service. Superiour rooms very nice with lots of room. Will stay again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Oisin M
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at the Westwood for a wedding and had an amazing experience. The meal on the eve of the wedding was very good but have to say the wedding meal was terrific we were amazed to be offered more Sea Bass if we wanted.
The staff were very helpful ,courteous and friendly could not have wished for more. Loved the open fire in the dining room on a cold winters day it created a special atmosphere

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MaiseyMog
dublin
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here while attending a wedding in the hotel. Really good experience from first arrival. Room was standard hotel room, bed was massive. The food was excellent at the wedding. the lobby was very cosy also with a fire going in one corner. The lady that seemed to be going around making sure everybody was ok was very nice and she was on hand again the next morning at breakfast seeing to everybodys needs. The breakfast room was very cosy also with another fire in there. there was a great selction of food for breakfast. whatever you could think of for breakfast they had it. The hotel is at the edge of Galway city but Id imagine it loses business from the address not mentioning Galway city for anybody that's unfamiliar with the area. We will be recommending it though to everybody going to Galway. Tiny problem with our room key card not working properly, I did inform them of this on check out and I have no doubt they will fix it

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fran3632
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I booked a lunch for a group of approximately ten people to celebrate my graduation from nui galway on Oct 19th 2013. I was very disappointed with the meal and the service. When making the booking I had asked for a pasta and cheese sauce for my daughter who is quite limited in her choices when eating out. I was told by the person I booked with that it would be provided. However I it wasnt provided and I was told that the kitchen staff did not have the facility to make a basic white sauce in the kitchen that day. ( I suggested that they add some cheese to a basic white sauce but they sent out word that they could not facilitate me). They did not forget to charge full price of twenty five euros for this girl's meal which was pasta with no sauce. The whole meal was sub standard and at the time I was embarrassed to query my two hundred and fifty euros bill because my guests were present when I paid. I had been looking forward to the occasion so much and wanted my guests to have a decent sit down lunch .I thought from the advertisement for this hotel's graduation special lunch and its suitable location that I was picking the best place but truthfully I made a huge mistake.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank 190Lucy
GM1Galway, General Manager at Westwood House Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review above. I am dissapointed to read your comments. Our restaurant diary shows no request for the sauce listed above to be available on the day - it only notes that 3 vegetarians will be in attendance. We did not have a white sauce on with any of the menu items on the day in question - we did however offer alternatives. Your table was checked during lunch and there was, we believe, ample opportunity to discreetly make the team here aware of whatever the exact issues you refer to above were at that time of payment of before. Our system shows that you were billed for 9 persons @ €24.95 & 1 @ €19.95. I note that you have also marked us down on "location", despite referring in your review to the suitability of same for your needs.

Yours sincerely,
Dave Kelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dangan
Flannery's Hotel Galway
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
The Twelve Hotel
The Twelve Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barna

Been to Westwood House Hotel? Share your experiences!